The COSPLAY HELP ME! Who? Sewing? Buy/Where? Construction? Support thread

Started by BSaphire, February 19, 2010, 03:30:23 PM

Locke Octavian

I'm not sure the exact cosplays I'm bringing to Fanime.  So far the plan is:

Katakura Kojuro from Sengoku Basara.  I'm bringing him for sure.  I'm in the process of finishing him, but I'll be wearing him at another con in April so he'll be ready (and probably improved) come Fanime.  I'll also be wearing his alternate Gakuen Outfit as well.

Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy 8.  Squall is completely done save wanting better boots and waiting for my gunblade commission to get finished.  Hopefully I'll have the room to bring the gunblade with me when I drive down.

Those two are confirmed.

I'll probably bring Parn from Record of Lodoss War.  I'm in the process of finishing his armor for the aforementioned April con.  I can't commit to bringing him because we have three people in my car coming from Oregon and I'm not sure I'll have room for him.

Kratos from Tales of Symphonia.  I'm gonna start on him right after Sakuracon, so he should be done and ready before Fanime.

Sanzo from Saiyuki.  Another cosplay I'l starting on post Sakuracon.  Only about a 50% chance he'll be ready.

Haunterluvcookies

Wow What awsome cosplay's all of you are doing! I hope I can see you all there...

@Dany: I am going to the old school gathering as well.

@sugarpunch18: I would love to get pis of female shizo! Group cosplays!

@Locke Octavian: I would love to have your pic as kratos! he is so my favorite other than zelos!

Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

robozombisaurus

I always plan so many cosplays and then not end up doing them haha.

Well some one my cosplays will be a split

Half demon and angel stocking

half princess peach and daisy

Most of them are done. If they aren't done I have the fabric I am going to finish the rest after AoD
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Alex-X-Core on February 07, 2012, 11:28:17 PM
I always plan so many cosplays and then not end up doing them haha.

Well some one my cosplays will be a split

Half demon and angel stocking

half princess peach and daisy

Most of them are done. If they aren't done I have the fabric I am going to finish the rest after AoD

I have the same problem. I cut alot of my cosplays this year because one I can't finish them all and two way to much money. Also thats so cool that your doing half and half of a character. I would love to take pictures of half demon, half angel stocking. Are you gonna be at the gathering for panty and stocking?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

merwin86

I wouldn't mind showing up as Hisao, but my cosplay schedule is already pretty much booked. It'll be a maybe.
FANIME 2013 Cosplays
Bleach: Gin Ichimaru (captain version)
            Shinji Hirako (student version)

Dany

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 07, 2012, 08:11:44 PM

Sweet! I am so glad they are putting that together. My husband and I have several older series costumes that would qualify for it, but I think we're going to be spreading it out a bit.

OH! I am not absolutely sure yet, but we MIGHT have Tatsuya and Minami from Touch for the Sports gathering, but it really depends on a lot of things XD
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Dany on February 08, 2012, 08:18:30 AM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 07, 2012, 08:11:44 PM

Sweet! I am so glad they are putting that together. My husband and I have several older series costumes that would qualify for it, but I think we're going to be spreading it out a bit.

OH! I am not absolutely sure yet, but we MIGHT have Tatsuya and Minami from Touch for the Sports gathering, but it really depends on a lot of things XD

Yeah I gald there is an old school gathering! I love old anime, I think its the best.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Rebeccakh

Quote from: amaya_JDB on February 07, 2012, 01:45:36 PM
Trying to cosplay Mey-Rin from Kuroshitsuji but I'm not sure about the eye color. I did research and I guess her eyes are supposed to be red, but the anime shows it being brown. So...should I get red contacts, brown ones, or is it not that important and just stick with my dark brown/black eyes?
If you're debating over it, chances are people that see you will too so I suggest save your money and stick with your brown eyes.

Charis

Too much to do and pretty up in the air in terms of what I'm bringing this year, actually ... I had a much better idea at one point and then a number of factors ripped the rug out from under my feet and I'm still going, "Uh ...."

Finished Enough:
- Kaya Syokka/Gypsy Queen from Trinity Blood: She's a long-term WIP I've worn to Fanime before; I'm hoping to get some more of the detailing done for this year.
- Risai (novel cover version) from Twelve Kingdoms: New to cons, though I wore this one out to a photoshoot.  Needs peacebonding damage fixed on the sword but otherwise ready for the JK gathering on Monday.  Looking forward to bringing this one out, especially since Inoli's willing to do the crazy injury makeup on my arm again. <3 I should possibly destroy the armour some more ...
- Shusui (ninja) from Saiunkoku Monogatari: like Risai, new to cons but worn to a photoshoot before.  Also pretty much ready aside from nitpicky fixes.

In Progress:
- Therese von Ludowing from Sound Horizon's Marchen: barely started. I have most of the supplies (except for the primary fabric, which I'm still waffling on), but the sewing's been slow going so far.  This one will get done, though, even if it's the only completely new thing I have for Fanime ... but there's a lot to do. T_T

Got a handful of maybes (whether already completed or in progress/plotting), including Chibitalia-era!Hungary and Naoto from DOGS, but those depend on time and motivation and other people's plans.  We'll see~  OT just got amped up for work so that might nerf a lot of things. >_<
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Haunterluvcookies

@Charis

I knwo what you mean I really had to cut down this year I would be out of money before fanime. I love all your costumes! I hope you can finish them all.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

sushisoap

Rome - Hetalia. I'll be coming with a group of ancestors; Germania, Mama Egypt, and Mama Greece.  :D The only thing special about him is that I'm making the armor from scratch out of sheet metal.. I can't WAIT for the Hetalia gathering to huggle all my cute grandchildren >3<

Rin - Ao No Exorcist. Probably the most complete thus far... which isn't that complete. xD

Wii-kun - Nintendo. I'm going to try and go all out for him, though if I don't know if he may just be used for the rave... Deciding between parachute/raver pants or shorts. Got my blue EL wire yesterday, it looks SO COOL. I'll be hanging mostly with an Atari, but Xbox 360 and PS2 might be around too.

Steampunk!England - Hetalia. My girlfriend is going as aviator!America, and we're going to kinda take the theme "the gentleman and the pilot."

I have two other possibilities that may or may not happen. If I do one, I won't do the other... Hanna from HinaBN, and Electronic Diva Kaito. If I can get down to a 27" waist by April, I'll do Kaito. But that's.. 2 inches. Idk. If I can find a good wig for Hanna under $20, I'll do him. n.n Everyone's cosplays sound awesome!

azreale

Cheza (wolf's rain)- I'm running the gathering for it this year >.< so its a required cosplay. no if ands or buts!

Kirara (inuyasha)- a different version of the cat demon w/ two tails from the show, in a made up Tajiya (demon exterminator) form

Vulpix (pokemon)- a very complex cosplay that I'm going all out on to look exactly like a real vulpix.

Kyo sohma (Fruits Basket)- a fun character with a tormented past & a bad attitude

Shinku (rozen maiden)- a living ball jointed doll with an elegant yet demanding demeanor, with the most obnoxious pigtails ever! (killing me to style the wig)

Leia the mermaid (harvest moon)- a bubbly little rainbow mermaid that lives in a basement

Summoner yuna (FFX) -her first form, but with a different of or no staff.

Sneasel (pokemon)- for walking around and random pictures

and I think thats it for me. I'm also making Sango from inuyasha for my friend, and mirk's staff for her Bf.  and maybe ordering the Love Me jumpsuit from Skip Beat! and going as kyoko for a while...
MAN THATS ALOT!
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Haunterluvcookies

@sushisoap

OMG I am going to be romano! Can I get pics with you? Also I can't wait to see the steampunk costumes, I will be taking pictures.

@Azreale

Cheza is my favorite other than tobe!

God so many awsome cosplays for fanime 2012! Its making me more excited now.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Suiseiseki

For once I have a lot this year ;D I'm so excited! I'll be there as:
Rima [Shugo Chara] - Not much to be said about this one XD I like cosplaying as her, but I probably only will if a Shugo Chara gathering shows up sometime soon.
Horo [Spice and Wolf] - Still need a different shirt for this :/ The shirt I got for it seriously sucks but I'm proud of the ears and tail for sure.
Rapunzel [Tangled] - I'm seriously trying to make this cosplay something I can be proud of. I've been told ever since the movie came out that I look like Rapunzel and she is my favorite princess so I thought 'why not'? :) My friend is helping me make it from scratch and the wigs are coming anyway now.
Sniper [Ragnarok Online] - Always thought this would be a fun cosplay since I wouldn't need a wig for once, lol.
Alice [Pandora Hearts] - One of my favorite anime characters! I'm actually pretty proud of this cosplay, I wore it two years ago at fanime.

I don't know how I'll manage all of them. My boyfriend is also coming and it'll be his first time at Fanime. He'll be cosplaying Break[Pandora Hearts] and he's right now in the middle of making a Wolf/Warg suit[Ragnarok Online] that should be awesome. I'm counting down the days! :D

Haunterluvcookies

@Suiseiseki

I am also doing alot of cosplays. I just love to cosplay! By the way Rima is awsome! And Spice and Wolf is just plain awsome!

I hope you can do all of your cosplays espically the cosplay from tangled.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Suiseiseki

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 08, 2012, 03:46:06 PM
@Suiseiseki

I am also doing alot of cosplays. I just love to cosplay! By the way Rima is awsome! And Spice and Wolf is just plain awsome!

Thanks so much :) I hope all of yours go well too! So exciting!

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Suiseiseki on February 08, 2012, 04:45:51 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 08, 2012, 03:46:06 PM
@Suiseiseki

Thanks so much :) I hope all of yours go well too! So exciting!

I am getting more excited everytime I hear about people's cosplays! I can't wait I wish it was hear already!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

MidnightPrincess94

QuoteRome - Hetalia. I'll be coming with a group of ancestors; Germania, Mama Egypt, and Mama Greece.   The only thing special about him is that I'm making the armor from scratch out of sheet metal.. I can't WAIT for the Hetalia gathering to huggle all my cute grandchildren >3<

ooooohhh!!!! please!! i wanna take a picture wit u most definitely!! >w< im going as chibitalia and it'd be awesum to see grandpa rome!<3 plus my friends are going as both italy's and spain. it'd be a big family reunion!  :D

Dany

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 08, 2012, 05:23:23 PM
I am getting more excited everytime I hear about people's cosplays! I can't wait I wish it was hear already!

I was thinking the same thing, but then I was all like "No, wait, I need the time to make stuff OMG!!!" XD
2012 Costumes (or so we hope!)
Ayukawa, Miime, Oscar, Yuria, D'Eon

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Dany on February 09, 2012, 07:56:09 AM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on February 08, 2012, 05:23:23 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but then I was all like "No, wait, I need the time to make stuff OMG!!!" XD

Yeah i Know, I just got my badge. Now I am working to finish everything.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi