A Quest to Nominate Hayao Miyazaki for a Lifetime Achievement Oscar!

Started by FanFicGuru, March 12, 2010, 09:52:28 AM

FanFicGuru

Hello everyone.

I created this Facebook group yesterday and today I'm running around (electronically) to gather up some more members on all the anime boards that I currently post on.

I created this group because I feel as though Mr. Miyazaki is incredibly deserving of this award, as his influence in the world of animation is hard to deny and the films that he has created inspire and engage us. He has always kept his youth, his vision, and his vivid imagination as he continues to create worlds and characters that stand apart and often make us reflect upon ourselves and the societies that we belong to.

I am the last person who would like to admit this, but we do not know how much longer Mr. Miyazaki will be with us, and as such I feel that it would be a fitting time to honor Mr. Miyazaki with an Honorary Academy Award for his lifelong contributions to the world of animated film.

If you are on Facebook, please join this group. I will soon be putting together the official petition, so if the Facebook group doesn't work for you, you can sign the petition.

Thank you very much. The link is below:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=391713662743#!/group.php?gid=391713662743
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

PyronIkari

Eh... Miyazaki is my least favorite Ghibli director, let alone thinking he deserves the lifetime achievement Oscar.

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

heeroyuy135