Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers 2011 Event *1/18*

Started by BSaphire, March 15, 2010, 10:04:35 AM

beboptilyoudrop

ruby19_4

I might join. I will be hinata (from naruto group). Also I have to know how to play checkers?  Im really bad in checkers game.

auroramarija

I guess I could sign up on the Bleach side since you are so in need of people. I'll be HM Orihime. I was only going to wear it part of Saturday, but I guess I can wear multiple costumes Sunday.
....I look so much better as Konan from Naruto though, but oh well.
Fanime 2011 cosplays: Jihl Nabaat (FFXIII); Thief (Assassins Creed Brotherhood)

BunofGovt

Quote from: Eeri-chan on May 04, 2010, 10:14:09 AM
Ohhh! I want to play! This sounds like so much fun!

I will be cosplaying Sexy No Jutsu Drunken Fist Rock Lee from Naruto for the event! I can play game one and two. Depending on when the Pirates vs Ninjas gathering is, I might have to leave before the third game, or any later games, so I think those would be the best opportunities for me to join in. 

Hmmm. A Pirates vs Ninjas checkers game?  If the Soul Reapers can't make it, maybe the Pirates/One Piece crew can be enticed ...?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Eeri-chan

Quote from: BunofGovt on May 10, 2010, 05:02:13 AM

I will be cosplaying Sexy No Jutsu Drunken Fist Rock Lee from Naruto for the event! I can play game one and two. Depending on when the Pirates vs Ninjas gathering is, I might have to leave before the third game, or any later games, so I think those would be the best opportunities for me to join in. 

Hmmm. A Pirates vs Ninjas checkers game?  If the Soul Reapers can't make it, maybe the Pirates/One Piece crew can be enticed ...?

That would be soooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! I don't know any One Piece cosplayers, but oh, my goodness, if we could get that to happen, SO COOL!

BSaphire

I have updated the games. Now I know that I haven't had any takers from the One Piece group but I have suggested a Naruto v Naruto group if the Bleach team doesn't fill. or maybe a 1/2 Bleach and 1/2 other Jump group (Hint to KHR cospeeps) vers. Naruto. What ever works. Those that have signed up on the forums can participate in all three games (especially if we need peeps *LOL) so make sure you have your game.

As for playing checkers... well this is about the easiest game we could play but it is soooooooo fitting for Jump I couldn't resist it this year. Next year I hope to have the board done for the gatherings department so that it can be used more often... *Evil Grin*

I'm still looking for cosplayers and would like to have the first three games full before Fanime.

Thank you!
SUPER SQUIDGES!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ruby19_4

Quote from: BunofGovt on May 10, 2010, 05:02:13 AM

That would be very cool. YEA!! I do hope the one piece group will join in.

Snorcat

Sounds like fun! (Even though I don't think I've ever played checkers... :-\ )

I'll be there as Deidara from Naruto if you've got an open spot somewhere for me, and I'll be dragging a friend along as Itachi.

BSaphire

Though I haven't updated the list recently.... I wanted to bump this so that we can get the first three games full :) Come on JUMP peeps! Let's finish this up so the fun can start rolling!
Squidge
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

Ha ha a quick glance at the first page shows I am signed up for all 3 games! Yay!   ;D

AriSky

Sign me up for the first and/or third games if there's still room.  I'll be dressed as Kaitou from Hunter x Hunter.
Fanime con-goer since 2005.
Resident Shizuru (YYH) and Kaitou (HxH).
Fanime 2011's blue Dalek.

BSaphire

I have updated the first post and I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the Jump Checkers Games & @ the Shonen Jump Gathering @ 3 pm.

BTW... the gatherings table will continue to do sign ups at con so drag ~ em over and sign em up to JUMP! :P

See you all @ FANIME!
SUPER SQUIDGES
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

ruby19_4

I love the checkers game. Its very fun. Im glad I join in. I do hope it will happen every year. If possible. Thank you so much. I had so much fun.

Somebody

Can't believe Waldo and I couldn't make it. We were so upset-ran into some scheduling and sleep depravation problems. Hope it was fun, sorry we weren't there and hope to be there next year!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

BSaphire

This was so awesome that I am bringing it back and making it better! I am looking for photos of the games so anyone who might have some please post a link and let us know which game they are from if possible.

So I have updated the first post for 2011 so sign ups can begin now if you KNOW your coming back to JUMP in on all the fun!

Squidges and love
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

The games were super fun!  It was nice that it was early Sunday morning, since as the games went on, I noticed that one side of the board came more and more into the sunlight, and the game play seemed to concentrate on moving the pieces as quickly as possible to the shady side  ;) 

As one of the pieces in a layered outfit, I could appreciate this.  I forgot my camera unfortunately so I have no pics but there were two photographers who took part and I hope one or both of them will post pics.  I definitely want to take part in at least one game next year, B!  :D

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on June 02, 2010, 02:27:53 AM
The games were super fun!  It was nice that it was early Sunday morning, since as the games went on, I noticed that one side of the board came more and more into the sunlight, and the game play seemed to concentrate on moving the pieces as quickly as possible to the shady side  ;) 

As one of the pieces in a layered outfit, I could appreciate this.  I forgot my camera unfortunately so I have no pics but there were two photographers who took part and I hope one or both of them will post pics.  I definitely want to take part in at least one game next year, B!  :D
I'm gonna hold ya to it :P Location may change next year, but we will see where, as for time I like the morning too!
Thanks for coming out and "Jumping" with us!
XXX & OOO's
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BrightHeart76

Checkers was a blast.  Many thank you's to the people who decided to let me shake Luffy's hand and walk out instead of trying to take a fall in those Gosh Darned Heels. 

My pictures are in this link, starting on page 2.  I took a lot of pictures, but they really aren't that good, just the stuff that I thought was fun.  Hope it helps!

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/SlrSparks/Fanime%202010/

Looking forward to next year!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ICosplayNeji

This was SO much fun! I'll definitely be back next year for more checkers!

BunofGovt

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 03, 2010, 07:47:48 PM
Checkers was a blast.  Many thank you's to the people who decided to let me shake Luffy's hand and walk out instead of trying to take a fall in those Gosh Darned Heels. 

My pictures are in this link, starting on page 2.  I took a lot of pictures, but they really aren't that good, just the stuff that I thought was fun.  Hope it helps!

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/SlrSparks/Fanime%202010/

Looking forward to next year!

Excellent pictures!  Were you the Tsunade?  Thanks for the use of your Hokage hat as 'crown'!