Fanime Global!

Started by Raicuda, March 31, 2010, 09:58:44 PM

Raicuda

I live in Hong Kong, which is a LONG way from america. I think fans of fanime (that sounded weird  ;D ) that are unable to attend fanime in america should have Fanime in their countries!

Think about. There could be multiple branches of Fanime across the world! We could Fanime in New Zealand for instance, or Hong Kong (Preferably Hong Kong). Fanime could benefit from this (I have no idea how, though), OR we could have global fanime (even better  :D ) and fans of anime and games rejoice! I think Fanime should seriously consider this. Fanime 2011 could be in Hong Kong, England, New zealand, or across the world, Or at the same time.

What does everybody else think?  :)

-Raicuda

PyronIkari

... uh...

Fanime, although is one of the larger conventions in the US, really wouldn't benefit from this nor would it be plausible really.

There are already conventions in Hong Kong. Why don't you go to those conventions?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 31, 2010, 10:35:45 PM
... uh...

Fanime, although is one of the larger conventions in the US, really wouldn't benefit from this nor would it be plausible really.

There are already conventions in Hong Kong. Why don't you go to those conventions?

This.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Jerry

that and im sure legal would have lots of fun with this---

and when i say fun- i mean legal nightmare...

I vote Fanime stays in California and never leaves the Silicon Valley / Bay Area no matter how big the convention gets.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

ewu

I think there is a slim but possible prospect of Fanime having events outside of memorial day and the San Jose convention center. This will depend on the viability, interest, and purpose of the event. I am certain that when such an opportunity comes about it will be duly considered.

A full blown convention outside of that time and date is not likely in the near future because of aforementioned logistical concerns as well as the role already being served by other conventions in the prospective areas.

The Chair Team is free to comment, but for now this thread is locked out of the interest of not overwhelming this thread with comments negative to an event outside of our current location and dates.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom