Fanime eGaming 2010: Console and PC Gaming Events

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 09, 2010, 02:55:16 AM

JTchinoy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 20, 2010, 04:23:09 PM
We should have had 1v1 Smogon Format =P
yeah, we used that last year.  i don't feel like waiting for walrein and blissey to duke it out when both have leftovers and hail is going on.  i might as well go watch bacteria grow under a microscope, i can tell you it happens faster than that match.

I'm quite the hypocrite since i have 2 or 3 tank pokes being trained for singles right now, but yeah. GO 2V2!!!

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

I keep my Roars handy =P

But when was the last time a Hail Team was successful  ::)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gspark

MOAR HALO 3 TOURNEYS PLZ!

2v2 would be even better  ;D

And I totally agree that the Halo 3 tournament listed should be on saturday or sunday instead of friday. It'll bring more participants at the very least.

JTchinoy

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 20, 2010, 07:38:02 PM
I keep my Roars handy =P

yeah, it doesn't work very well when those are the last 2 pokemon on the field. ;(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 20, 2010, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 20, 2010, 07:38:02 PM
I keep my Roars handy =P

yeah, it doesn't work very well when those are the last 2 pokemon on the field. ;(

F that

Thats more worse then when I had to deal with that Bulky Zapdos vs my Blissey. Poor agonizing death by Toxic =P
Though at least Blissey could potentially defeat a Walrein.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

not with toxic/ ice beam vs. substitute walrein. ;( then you just sit for eternity until wish/ softboiled runs out.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

I personally prefer Seismic Toss for consistent Damage, Ice Beam has never been reliable enough. Ghost Immunity is not even a problem.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ruby19_4

Im sry. I didnt read a lot, but I was wondering if you could tell me what u mean by item clause, species clause, self-ko clause and sleep clause. Thank you.

JTchinoy

Item clause means only 1 of each item per team
sleep clause means u can only put 1 pokemon on ur opponents team to sleep at a time. Ur opponent using rest doesnt count as their sleeping pokemon
species clause is only 1 of each pokemon per team
self ko clause is if a draw occurs due to self destruct or explosion. The user of that move loses

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Dimensional Drifter

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 20, 2010, 12:38:44 PM
Read the rules.  It's 2v2 format. ;)
I'm beginning to doubt the idea of 6v6, but we'll just stick with it.
my apologies for phrasing that in a misleading way.  What i meant in 2v2 is a battle between 4 ppl.  Well even if that doesn't work someone could always host up a proxy tourney perhaps. 

Dimensional Drifter

My bad for the double post, but there seriously isn't going to be a samurai showdown Sen tourney?  or did I miss the memo

Mizuki

Do you guys have any KoFs? (98um/2k2um) Is it possible to have it set up for freeplay?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mizuki on May 22, 2010, 02:46:57 AM
Do you guys have any KoFs? (98um/2k2um) Is it possible to have it set up for freeplay?

We should have that on free play.  :)
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Dimensional Drifter

More questions about the pokemon tourney rules.  As i recall from last year, Garchomp was banned but this year he's ok...i guess.  There was also a rule last year about certain movesets that were banned that I would like to call "stalling moves" such as double team as an example.  Does that apply this year too? 

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Dimensional Drifter on May 22, 2010, 05:08:04 PM
More questions about the pokemon tourney rules.  As i recall from last year, Garchomp was banned but this year he's ok...i guess.  There was also a rule last year about certain movesets that were banned that I would like to call "stalling moves" such as double team as an example.  Does that apply this year too? 

Basically any move that raises/lowers accuracy/evasion is banned.
Garchomp is unbanned because Nintendo thinks it's balanced. And apparently Tyranitar isn't.

Nintendo thinks they know what they are doing...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Dimensional Drifter

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 22, 2010, 05:43:09 PM
Quote from: Dimensional Drifter on May 22, 2010, 05:08:04 PM

Basically any move that raises/lowers accuracy/evasion is banned.
Garchomp is unbanned because Nintendo thinks it's balanced. And apparently Tyranitar isn't.

Nintendo thinks they know what they are doing...
Seriously didn't ban Garchomp O.o
alright just wanted to know which buffs/debuffs were ok. 
One more thing though, items like Bright powder is still ok i presume. 

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yes.
The only item that I can think of as banned is Soul Dew.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

looking over the rules, i didn't include an evasion clause.  double team is allowed.  i ignored the evasion clause simply because double team isn't very effective in doubles.  i can't really offer you tips, but i can assure you there are several pokemon that make evasion clause fairly moot in double battles.

yes, garchomp's allowed in doubles format.  the effectiveness of tanks and garchomp are diminished vs. 2 opponents.

no soul dew, but latios/ latias are allowed.

any other questions, feel free to ask. 

i don't strictly follow smogon rules since they focus on singles format.  they don't even have a dedicated section to RMT 2v2 teams.  i also feel item clause removes tank heavy teams and requires more thought in the items instead of saying leftovers on 4 pokemon.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

atan134340

so there are no official BB tournament this year?

Dimensional Drifter

Quote from: atan134340 on May 23, 2010, 05:11:32 PM
so there are no official BB tournament this year?
I am sad too :-[ We can always hope that Aksys Games does their own tourney like last year.