Fanime Con 2010 Karaoke Contest Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM

SleetArashi

I know sign-ups are over, but you're saying no to j-pop/j-rock songs that don't have ties to video games or anime, correct?

FScarlettHenry

I got a question, since we I can't use DeDx on my computer, is there any other way to find out what vocal dampening does to my music?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: FScarlettHenry on May 06, 2010, 10:43:33 PM
I got a question, since we I can't use DeDx on my computer, is there any other way to find out what vocal dampening does to my music?

Try it out during the warm-up period before the contest on Friday afternoon. 2PM to 5PM.

I know sign-ups are over, but you're saying no to j-pop/j-rock songs that don't have ties to video games or anime, correct?

Straight j-pop/j-rock is allowed. From the rules:

"Songs must be from the following categories: Anime, video game, or J-rock/J-pop."

arcadiapandora

Quote from: FScarlettHenry on May 06, 2010, 10:43:33 PM

If you just can't find DeFx for Windows XP, try googling for a DeFx Winamp plug-in. I found it without too much trouble and have been using it to test my own dampening.
Thanks for that by the way, Galewolf.
<3

LOVE.SAE

Quote from: GaleWolf on April 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM
Fanime Con 2010 Karaoke Contest  Rules

No a cappella singing. a cappella singers are invited to join our Acoustikaraoke! Contest on Sunday afternoon.

It is no longer on Saturday for the Acoustic Karaoke?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on May 08, 2010, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: GaleWolf on April 19, 2010, 01:44:50 AM
Fanime Con 2010 Karaoke Contest  Rules

No a cappella singing. a cappella singers are invited to join our Acoustikaraoke! Contest on Sunday afternoon.

It is no longer on Saturday for the Acoustic Karaoke?

Correct- Acoustikaraoke is on Sunday afternoon this year. Saturday will be just open mic all day.

-Hank

oc3anofdr3ams

What time Friday will you be opening at-con registration?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 09, 2010, 08:15:04 PM

2PM, tentatively.

oc3anofdr3ams

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 09, 2010, 08:51:14 PM

2PM, tentatively.

By tentatively I assume you mean it could/probably will start a little later than that?  Thank you!  :D

balnibarbi

So there's no way to hold a spot if someone's flying in at 7 pm on Friday?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 09, 2010, 09:11:39 PM
Quote from: GaleWolf on May 09, 2010, 08:51:14 PM

2PM, tentatively.

By tentatively I assume you mean it could/probably will start a little later than that?  Thank you!  :D

By tentatively, I meant the time had not been officially confirmed in the convention schedule. It now has been confirmed, so everyone should plan as if signups and check-in will start at 2.

QuoteSo there's no way to hold a spot if someone's flying in at 7 pm on Friday?

The contest starts at 6, so that would not be possible.

Lexy

I can't quite remember how the stage was set up but are we allowed to move around the stage?
Let's Play Channel
PSN: Lexy-

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Lexy on May 20, 2010, 02:58:34 PM
I can't quite remember how the stage was set up but are we allowed to move around the stage?

Yes but you must stay on the stage during your performance.

oc3anofdr3ams

Are we allowed to sit on the edge of the stage if for Performance technique?

And also the song I want to perform, you don't have the Karaoke version available.  I did however find one on Youtube, it's just that it doesn't sound exactly the same as the anime.  To be specific the song is Fields of Hope by Rie Tanaka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYRFP7et8g&fmt=18
Here's the link to the karaoke version that I found.  Is it alright to use this?

Hank-KKD

Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 25, 2010, 12:50:52 AM
Are we allowed to sit on the edge of the stage if for Performance technique?

Yes that's fine.

And also the song I want to perform, you don't have the Karaoke version available.  I did however find one on Youtube, it's just that it doesn't sound exactly the same as the anime.  To be specific the song is Fields of Hope by Rie Tanaka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYRFP7et8g&fmt=18
Here's the link to the karaoke version that I found.  Is it alright to use this?[/color][/font][/size]

We won't have reliable internet in the karaoke room, so if you wish to use the karaoke version, you would need to provide it on a CD.

oc3anofdr3ams

Sweet!  :D  And for clarification, there are 3 open slots for at-con sign up correct?

And I can put it on a CD no problem.  :D  Just wanted to see if I was allowed to use it.

oc3anofdr3ams

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 17, 2010, 03:33:59 AM

By tentatively, I meant the time had not been officially confirmed in the convention schedule. It now has been confirmed, so everyone should plan as if signups and check-in will start at 2.

Thank you for clarifying for me!  :3

Hank-KKD

Quote from: oc3anofdr3ams on May 25, 2010, 04:51:09 PM
Sweet!  :D  And for clarification, there are 3 open slots for at-con sign up correct?

that's correct!

anime_freakx1000

For the karaoke contest, are you allowed to request lyrics? How does it work?

If the song we have is not in your song library, is there some effort into finding the lyrics? Or no?

Thank you!