Yu-Gi-Oh Question

Started by silverlove, May 09, 2010, 10:07:59 PM

silverlove

Hello, I finally decided to join the wider world of dueling since I have a deck and have never dueled before.
So when I looked up the official rules I became more stumped then I ever have been about the game before and I was hoping to get a bit of help. In fact I have more than one question:
What are these "banned" cards exactly, I have no clue what they are. :/
Is a person only allowed to use cards of one language even if they understand more than one language?
And Whats the difference between Traditional and Advacned?

I know I sound really dumb but please keep in mind I'm new to this and I've never(yep, seriously)dueled with my deck before. I don't mean to be a burden but it would be nice to know all of the rules first before I go challenging someone. ^^;

TC X0 Lt 0X

Time to help out I guess.

Banned cards are cards that are not allowed for use in Advanced Format.
The difference between Traditional and Advanced Format is that banned cards are treated as limited cards in Traditional. Traditional is far less played then Advanced.

With the question on card Languages, you can use any card of any language, BUT, you can't use OCG cards (the Japanese/Korean card game) in the TCG (the card game for the rest of the world), and vice-versa. So it is very well acceptable to have some german and spanish cards with your english cards. Though you are required to have the effect of a card written down.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Also just to be a bit more helpful, I wonder what kind of deck are you running, because depending on this you may not have such a great time playing if it is a bad one.
To any new player's I would Suggest running a Machina/Machiner Gadget deck. If you are interested all you really need is 3 Machina Mayham Structure Decks and a few staples outside of it to make it completely competitive. I can provide a reasonable deck list based on your resources.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

silverlove

Umm actually to be honest I don't know what you mean by that. ^^;
As for my deck its nothing specific just a bunch of cards I know how to use really.

Thats to bad about not being able to use a Japanese card because my favorite card is in Japanese. T^T

TC X0 Lt 0X

Highlight what you don't get.

What card is your Favorite?

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

silverlove

This part. ^^;

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 09, 2010, 11:32:21 PM
To any new player's I would Suggest running a Machina/Machiner Gadget deck. If you are interested all you really need is 3 Machina Mayham Structure Decks and a few staples outside of it to make it completely competitive.

Dose it mean the whole deck's strategy is geared toward those specific cards because I've never really seen a deck quite like that.

My favorite is Dark Magician Girl(I know I'm wierd >_>)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: silverlove on May 11, 2010, 05:25:07 PM
This part. ^^;

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 09, 2010, 11:32:21 PM
To any new player's I would Suggest running a Machina/Machiner Gadget deck. If you are interested all you really need is 3 Machina Mayham Structure Decks and a few staples outside of it to make it completely competitive.

Dose it mean the whole deck's strategy is geared toward those specific cards because I've never really seen a deck quite like that.

My favorite is Dark Magician Girl(I know I'm wierd >_>)

The deck is centered around using cards that generate 1 for 1s (ex cards like fissure or mystical space typhoon that destroy one card) and cards that generate +1s for yourself at the cost of themselves usually, each resulting in +0s to yourself slowly simplifying the game to 1 or 2 cards at any one time.

So it uses cards like Dimensional Prison and Smashing Ground to get rid of the opponents monsters, and uses Gadgets and Machina Gearframe to search out other Gadgets and Machinas, thinning the deck while generating +0s, all the while using Machina Fortress as a constant beatstick which can be revived from the graveyard through it's effect.

Most competitive decks you will see (Blackwings, Lightsworns, Quickdraw Plants, etc) use a minimum amount of cards that synergize well to be effective.

... As for Dark Magician Girl she is favored by many for collections but in regards to the Metagame is completely useless in almost any respect. It would be best to not use it. Most new players don't realize that they will not likely be able to use there favorite cards to be successful as most cards in this game are completely terrible and unusable.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

silverlove

Thanks a lot for the help! ^^

I think I will actually structure my deck now. The one you told me about sounded good but what would you say is better in general for... I don't know... An impatient person who likes using magic and trap cards to weaken their opponet? XD

Yeah, most people tell me that about her. I've always just wanted to use her in a duel for the heck of it. ^^;

TC X0 Lt 0X

Machina Gadgets =P

Your probably not going to be able to get a deck any better then that without spending $100+ on cards. Hell' if you wanted that deck it will probably cost $70 dollars to make it complete. Though the inital $35 dollars worth of 3 structure decks is enough to make it at least workable.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

silverlove

Thanks again for the help I'll try to structure my deck now! ^^

TC X0 Lt 0X

Just like to point out that a Jinzo-Variant Machina Gadget deck topped the last YGO Championship Series this weekend, if you would need any more incentive to make the deck.

... Good to see Jinzo in a competitive deck again...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

Do you know what other cards were in that deck?

I'm going to be revising my Machina deck later on.

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: c2chaos on May 19, 2010, 12:37:54 PM
Do you know what other cards were in that deck?

I'm going to be revising my Machina deck later on.

Monsters:

2x Red Gadget

2x Yellow Gadget

2x Green Gadget

3x Machina Fortress

1x Machina Force

3x Machina Gearframe

1x Card Trooper

2x Jinzo

2x Jinzo – Returner

2x Cyber Dragon

1x Scrap Recycler

Spells:

1x Heavy Storm

1x Gold Sarcophagus

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Brain Control

1x Limiter Removal

1x Future Fusion

2x Solidarity

2x Smashing Ground

Traps:

2x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Mirror Froce

1x Torrential Tribute

1x Trap Dustshoot

1x Dust Tornado

1x Royal Oppression

1x Solemn Judgment

1x Call of the Haunted

Side Deck:

3x D.D. Crow

3x Consecrated Light

2x Reign Beaux, Overlord of Dark World

2x Dust Tornado

1x Gottoms' Emergency Call

2x System Down

1x Royal Oppression

1x Starlight Road

Extra Deck:

1x XX-Saber Hyunlei

1x Chimeratech Overdragon

2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1x Mist Wurm

2x Stardust Dragon

1x Red Dragon Archfiend

1x Colossal fighter

1x Goyo Guardian

1x Magical Android

1x Black Rose Dragon

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

1x Arcanite Magician

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

c2chaos

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.