Question about at-con registration

Started by Hotaru0211, May 23, 2010, 02:35:59 PM

Hotaru0211

Hello! My brother has been begging me to go to Fanime next week, but I'm absolutely new to Fanime--so I'm hoping someone can answer my questions before going (and I hope I posted in the right section).

My questions are:
1.) He's 14, and I'm over 18: do we both need to bring an ID, if we're planning to purchase the one-day membership with cash?
2.) How long is the wait on Monday for at-con registration? (Monday is probably the only day I can bring him...although we might be able to go on Sunday? Is there a day you recommend going, and if so, how long is the wait on that day?)
3.) (I suppose this isn't really an at-con registration question, but just wanted to make sure...) is there a restroom/bathroom around the waiting-in-line area?

Thanks for your time!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Hotaru0211 on May 23, 2010, 02:35:59 PM
Hello! My brother has been begging me to go to Fanime next week, but I'm absolutely new to Fanime--so I'm hoping someone can answer my questions before going (and I hope I posted in the right section).

My questions are:
1.) He's 14, and I'm over 18: do we both need to bring an ID, if we're planning to purchase the one-day membership with cash?
2.) How long is the wait on Monday for at-con registration? (Monday is probably the only day I can bring him...although we might be able to go on Sunday? Is there a day you recommend going, and if so, how long is the wait on that day?)
3.) (I suppose this isn't really an at-con registration question, but just wanted to make sure...) is there a restroom/bathroom around the waiting-in-line area?

Thanks for your time!

1) I don't know if you need ID for on-site registration, but you do for Pre-Reg/Early Reg pickup. To be safe bring them.
2)On Monday I doubt it will be longer then 10min. Sunday 20min, Saturday 30min, and Friday 1 hour at the most. (Depending on how long you plan to stay, I suggest Saturday and Friday 1st, Sunday 2nd, and Monday the least. Monday is a rap up day and not much is going on.)
3) *Checks Map* On Street Level there is 2 restrooms on the Marriot Side of the Con. On Exhibition Level (2nd floor) there is one in every Exhibition Room.

EDIT:
Faster then you Ewu.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SOawesomeness

1. ID for at-con? Nah, not unless you're doing anything other than cash. There's also that recommendation for some sort of ID just in case something happens. There's always that what-if.
2. Monday's line is probably going to be fairly short. The most I'd say you'd be waiting is one hour, but typically it can range from 5 minutes to longer, it just depends. Honestly, I'd say that if you're planning on going for more than one day, to come on Friday and buy your badge at night, about 30 min to closing cos that's when it typically is very slow with lines and such. Sunday, well it depends on the time you plan to arrive. It can be from 2 hours+ or 5 minutes or less. It depends on if you're coming during a high-traffic time or if you're just lucky. No one can give you a clear wait, but I'd say....

COME EARLY! ENJOY FANIME! No matter what time it is, there is always something to do. The people in line are always willing to talk to you, sometimes to play DS or what-not in line as well. There is a schedule that is now posted on the website. I would suggest coming a few hours and registering then before the event you want to go to and just check it all out. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Hotaru0211

Thanks TC_X0_Lt_0X and Chiri Kcrinh!
I'll see if I can arrange the time to go earlier:D

Tony

Check the schedule on the website - I'm sure that will help you decide. Personally, I'd come Sunday; if you can stand the wait and the crowds, that'll be way more packed than Monday!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014