When going to concerts

Started by jackiemarie90, May 25, 2010, 01:12:32 PM

jackiemarie90

where can we store objects, do they even allow people to take stuff inside the concert hall? I'm asking this because with my cosplay comes a large piece that I think would be rude to take in a room full of people eager to enjoy a concert, is there a place with storage or do we gotta find some other way like any con event?
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

PyronIkari

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 25, 2010, 01:12:32 PM
where can we store objects, do they even allow people to take stuff inside the concert hall? I'm asking this because with my cosplay comes a large piece that I think would be rude to take in a room full of people eager to enjoy a concert, is there a place with storage or do we gotta find some other way like any con event?

There wasn't a coat check last year as far as I remember, but I suggest you... not bring it and not cosplay at the concerts. It's a concert, people will be rowdy, jumping around, screaming and all of that... chances are someone will bump into you, and chances are something may damage, stain, or break on your costume. Stick it in your hotel room/car/something. If you don't have one, commute and take public transit, ask a friend to store it in their car/room/something. This has been an issue at other cons where people thought it would be a good idea to cosplay at the concerts and pieces have been broken, items stolen etc.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 25, 2010, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 25, 2010, 01:12:32 PM

There wasn't a coat check last year as far as I remember, but I suggest you... not bring it and not cosplay at the concerts. It's a concert, people will be rowdy, jumping around, screaming and all of that... chances are someone will bump into you, and chances are something may damage, stain, or break on your costume. Stick it in your hotel room/car/something. If you don't have one, commute and take public transit, ask a friend to store it in their car/room/something. This has been an issue at other cons where people thought it would be a good idea to cosplay at the concerts and pieces have been broken, items stolen etc.

thanks for the advice, I live like a 20 minutes away on public transport but I so I could just drop stoff home.
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.