Questionable Goods?

Started by zevBlue, May 30, 2010, 12:47:55 PM

zevBlue

I notice one dealer selling some medals with Swastikas on them. I don't know if this qualifies as "questionable goods" under the dealer contracts but it was certainly unpleasant to see. This was a booth mostly selling jrock paraphernalia so it wasn't Hetalia related. Who should we talk to when we see these sort of things at con? Thanks.

M

Please be aware that the Swastika can also be shown "reversed" as a Manji, which isn't seen as a negative thing.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

zevBlue

Understood and yes, I was aware. They looked like military badges with eagles and other militaristic imagery and the dealer specifically said "I can tell you what you had to do to get each of those." I have never seen Manji presented this way. May be something worth checking on? Not so hard to wander through the dealer room to confirm or deny, yes?

M

zevBlue, this has been brought up to our Dealer's staff. Someone will look into it. :)

Also, understand that I was replying to you while I was on shift and unfortunately unable to check out the Dealer's room for myself.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

zevBlue

Glad to hear it's being looked into. I hope I am wrong!

Thanks again for your replies. I hope my last one didn't come off too combative, text communication shortcoming, was not intended as such at all. It's great to see the staff being so approachable and responsive!

frumpy

Can you describe this dealer or booth to me? Or know the name? Please PM me.
Camilla Wong
Dealers Dept '07-'12, 2014-current
Charity Auction '04, '09-'12
Video Programming '00-'04
Gopher Volunteer '98-'99