Masquerade Contestants Only Info *FINAL LIST* 5/22/2011 [CLOSED]

Started by angeljibrille, May 31, 2010, 10:18:02 PM

angeljibrille

I've manually approved anything in the queue!

It looks like AOL, Yahoo, and Hotmail block and/or delay SENDMAIL messages -_-. I don't know why.

However, everyone is approved now, and I'll be checking it all day. Please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] if you have a question.

You can go here to complete your registration:
https://www.anime-online.com/fanime-cosplay/

Thanks,
Marisa

angeljibrille

I also reviewed & approved all the groups except for one I'm waiting for a reply on.

You can review here:
http://anime-online.com/fanime-cosplay/list.php

Thanks everyone.

Marisa

CroutonicSarcasm

Hello~! I have a question for the age requirement of the Masquerade. My girlfriend is going to be in my skit and she's currently 17, but she turns 18 May 25. Do I put her down as 18 in the performer list or as 17?
Friday: Secret Cosplay
Saturday: Freud -- Afterschool Charisma
Sunday: Prussia -- Hetalia

wolfdaemon

Quote from: CroutonicSarcasm on April 02, 2011, 01:55:54 PM
Hello~! I have a question for the age requirement of the Masquerade. My girlfriend is going to be in my skit and she's currently 17, but she turns 18 May 25. Do I put her down as 18 in the performer list or as 17?

I would guess 18. The same usually applies to when you're registering for a con.  Take yaoi-con for example, if a person will turn 18 before the first day of the con, they would put 18 when they register.

angeljibrille

That's fine. If a person is listed as under 18, I just ask for a Minor Permission form. That's about it :)

It is also used to track people who qualify for the Junior Achivement Award.

Thanks,
Marisa

CroutonicSarcasm

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 02, 2011, 09:31:42 PM

That's fine. If a person is listed as under 18, I just ask for a Minor Permission form. That's about it :)

It is also used to track people who qualify for the Junior Achivement Award.

Thanks,
Marisa

Okay. Thank you, both of you~
Friday: Secret Cosplay
Saturday: Freud -- Afterschool Charisma
Sunday: Prussia -- Hetalia

kleptomaniac

hi hi!

i was wondering if there is a reason to why something won't be approved. and would we perform in the order registered?

thanks!
cosplay for Fanime 2011:
- Yui Hirasawa (K-ON! - No, Thank you!)
- Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
- Kanda Yuu (D.Gray-Man - 3rd uniform)
- Nana Osaki (NANA - default)

wolfdaemon

I dunno about the first one, but the order that's on the website isn't the one that you'll be performing in.  Last year, my friend and I were number 11 on the site but ended up being 37 at the actual masquerade but because of a large costume that my friend needed to get out of, we were moved to number 14 XD

kleptomaniac

Quote from: wolfdaemon on April 03, 2011, 11:17:31 PM
I dunno about the first one, but the order that's on the website isn't the one that you'll be performing in.  Last year, my friend and I were number 11 on the site but ended up being 37 at the actual masquerade but because of a large costume that my friend needed to get out of, we were moved to number 14 XD

great news! thanks!
cosplay for Fanime 2011:

angeljibrille

Quote from: kleptomaniac on April 04, 2011, 01:42:52 AM
Quote from: wolfdaemon on April 03, 2011, 11:17:31 PM

great news! thanks!

Yes, this is accurate.

Basically, the position you get in the actual Masquerade is first-come, first-served. We reserve the first 10 spots or so for under-14 kids and huge costumes, but you can pick anything after that when you check in at the convention. So, if you wait until Saturday evening to check in, all the early spots will be gone.

Thanks!
Marisa

kleptomaniac

hi marisa!

thanks for your reply! we're excited!
cosplay for Fanime 2011:

Kiigiz

Oh my. A lot of groups have been registered. Is it too late for my group to be registered?

And one of my friends would like to cosplay as her own original character. We checked the basic requirements and it says the costume must be from an asian film, etc. Do we really need to cosplay as someone from an anime/manga?

khyaoiness

okay i have a question
my group and I are all signed up and everything, but we need at most 2 stage ninjas
could we get some that work at the masquerade, or do we have to get our own?
and if we get our own, do we have to sign them up for the masquerade too?
Kingdom Hearts is awesome
as cosplaying as it makes it even better ^^
~Fantasy is always there when reality fails you~

angeljibrille

Quote from: Kiigiz on April 12, 2011, 07:06:56 PM
Oh my. A lot of groups have been registered. Is it too late for my group to be registered?

No. Generally the first 15 or so groups on the waiting list get in every year anyway.

And one of my friends would like to cosplay as her own original character. We checked the basic requirements and it says the costume must be from an asian film, etc. Do we really need to cosplay as someone from an anime/manga?

if the *rest* of the group are anime characters, I don't care if you have an OC. However, the bulk of the group must fall under the rules.

angeljibrille

Quote from: khyaoiness on April 12, 2011, 08:36:24 PM
okay i have a question
my group and I are all signed up and everything, but we need at most 2 stage ninjas
could we get some that work at the masquerade, or do we have to get our own?
and if we get our own, do we have to sign them up for the masquerade too?

You can either use ours, or add your own. If you add your own, please note them in the "Special Needs" box. They must also check in at con and get a registration sticker at the Masquerade Desk.

Thanks!
Marisa

Kiigiz

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 12, 2011, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: Kiigiz on April 12, 2011, 07:06:56 PM

No. Generally the first 15 or so groups on the waiting list get in every year anyway.

if the *rest* of the group are anime characters, I don't care if you have an OC. However, the bulk of the group must fall under the rules.

Thank you very much for the reply :) ! This is great news. And yes, it's just one person who is an oc. :D

angeljibrille

Quote from: kleptomaniac on April 03, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
hi hi!

i was wondering if there is a reason to why something won't be approved. and would we perform in the order registered?

thanks!

I just hadn't had a chance to check all of the skits. Everything has been processed now! :)

And, no, it's not in the order you register, it's going to be in the order that you check in at the convention. The only people guaranteed an early spot are those in a large unwieldy costume or have younger children in your group, or have some other special need. Otherwise, you will get a spot based on when you check in -- so if you want to go early, check in early :)

Teca

Question about craftsmanship judging! Just double-checking that it's like last year where we do not have to wear the costumes to the judging, merely bring them and all of our documentation.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Teca on April 26, 2011, 07:09:04 PM
Question about craftsmanship judging! Just double-checking that it's like last year where we do not have to wear the costumes to the judging, merely bring them and all of our documentation.

This is accurate :)

Dilemma

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 29, 2011, 01:17:56 PM
Quote from: Teca on April 26, 2011, 07:09:04 PM

This is accurate :)

Can we wear them to the judging, though? If so, which would be preferred?  o: