Post-con depression! [PCD] 2010 version :(

Started by HarpB, May 31, 2010, 08:18:00 PM

RikuCosplayer

Quote from: Arnaud Rayber on June 02, 2010, 07:26:37 PM
Sad  :-[ First Fanime ever and I was too shy to talk to anyone.  I was that shy kid with a black mokona hat on and backpack.  Saw a lot of interesting people I wanted to talk with too.  First case of PCD and hopefully will recatch it next year

Dude, I feel ya! When I was dressed as Riku from the
game series Kingdom Hearts, I felt like so quiet with
my gathering, it was so dull...but the photo shoots I
liked about being at the Kh gathering, and meeting Xion
Sora, and Kairi for the first time! It was very awsome.

The only things I hated at this years convention, was
getting to my gathering late and having to register for
my badge...(Luckly I didn't have to wait in that long ass
2 row line!) The other thing I hated was that I didn't have
much time to chat with the Kh cosplayers, cause I had to
watch my cousin and she went off somewhere else and I
had to find her, Ugh...

I also wanted to take more pictures
of cosplayers but didn't have time to because I had to be
in this skit. I missed out on alot at the con, and hated to
leave! But I have to say, Fanime was a great exspirence
for me, seeing all the wonderfully dressed cosplayers,
taking photoshoots with my Kh gathering, walking around
the convention looking at the different cosplayers and
the stuff in the dealers room, Listening to people play
randum trance music was awsome! And being in a skit
with Sora and Kairi, man I was so nervous, but I will
never forget it. x3

Either then all of that happening, this was my first
Fanime, and it has been really fun! I just wish I made
more friends, took more photo's, buy something in the
dealers rooms, went into the game room, watch people
on Stage Zero more, go to the Black & White ball, go
to the Dance....ahhh, ok I'll stop now. Xp
~Current Cosplays~ ~%Progress~

KH2 Riku: 100% Finished!
Alois Trancy: 100% Finished!

~Cons Attended~   ~Cons Attending~

-Yaoi Con 2009          Fanime 2012
-Fanime Con 2010
-Sac Anime Con 2010
-Fanime Con 2011 

I<3 Sora & Ciel Phantomhiv

coolguy

I did not realized that PCD was a REAL thing. After I left the con Monday noonish, I had gone to work and thought to myself "man that was a cool experience and hopefully it will be more awesome next year"

The next day later is when it hit me. It was back to reality, (which is fine but still feels like I am missing something) it was time to get back to work and start getting ready for summer school.

These couple of days after Fanime, everyday I would think about attending Anime Expo this year just to get that feeling again. What new thing am I going to learn at the panels, being able to see everyone with their awesome cosplays, and having to decide what to buy in the dealer's room, it's a mixture of feeling of anticipation and excitement. Oh well there's always next year.

Melly

WAHH.

so today i was like

"hey time to do some laundry 8D"

then i started unpacking my cosplays.. and the Fanime smell was like... on them...

and i got really sad and didn't wanna wash my clothes ;______;........................

/WERID D:

but my friend told me the Fanime funk wasn't bad today.. so i guess it's ok i miss the smell ;_;? xD; ;-;...

i still miss my Soulmates smell too. i hope he's there next year <3.

Raydere

I was gonna go to ZeroONE in downtown SJ tonight but then it would remind me that Fanime was there last week and I'd get depressed some more.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Eri Kagami

Fanime went by way too fast. I've been to cons where time seems to go by really slow (ACen and Anime Expo), but I did have a good time at Fanime, but it feels like it just gone by like a split second. I miss it already. I miss my Bay Area buddies.

Ryuzhin

Quote from: White Rose Assassin on June 04, 2010, 06:24:50 PM
Fanime went by way too fast. I've been to cons where time seems to go by really slow (ACen and Anime Expo), but I did have a good time at Fanime, but it feels like it just gone by like a split second. I miss it already. I miss my Bay Area buddies.
I don't know about ACen but I think Anime Expo seems longer because they actually only last until 6 at night whereas Fanime just never stops.... and then it does.

Raydere

I still feel a bit of PCD all the way back from Sakura-Con. Several awesome people met and no way to keep in touch with them, and my next SC will be 2013. Who knows if we'll even remember each other by then.

Eri Kagami

cesspooloflight

My PCD hit me hard as soon as I left San Jose. This was my first Fanime and had one of the best days of my life. Woke up at 6am went to bed at 12am. Now that it has just about been a week I feel a bit better. I still feel some regret from not asking some people to dance during the B&W Ball.

PS. Does anyone know who the Yin cosplayer was on Sunday? I only saw two, but there was a really good one who I took a picture of with Mina and what I believed to be Genma.

DannyKim

to think that exactly one week ago I was still kickin' it with my friends at the con. it was so fun I wish they'd make it 5 Days instead of 4!

Shinsengumi

I leave early on monday I was pretty sad. The reason why cause my sisters wanted to leave early and I still need to check out some stuff but i didn't get a chance too cause of the gatherings and stuff.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Impulse

I miss the con but I'm not depressed about it. Probably cause this year was better for me even though I was depressed during the con at some parts.
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

AbsolutelyCursed

PCD didn't hit me until Wednesday probably because I had to take a test the day after Fanime which totally sucks btw. But every time I go by the Convention Center I get a little bummed out.

Raydere

Some of my PCD was lifted today after seeing a few familiar faces at SVGL. =)

It's good to know that some of the people I hang out with at Fanime live in the area and not like >200 miles away.

MetalPriestess

It's hitting me really badly right now. And I'm worried about whether I can go next year, since I'm off to Oregon for college in the fall.  I really hope I can fly out for the holiday weekend. -crosses fingers-

Now I just really wanna work on cosplay... Time to make some progress on my Fourth Doctor costume that I can hopefully wear next year!