Fanimecon '11 Musicfest, What band would you suggest?

Started by .::midnight.maiden::., June 05, 2010, 11:12:35 PM

Kuudere

Quote from: Touya no Miko on January 13, 2011, 02:07:39 AM
Versailles, definitely. It be nice to see Kamijo come visit us again, but with the whole band this time.

Since the VK is overpowering, I will continue to suggest RADWIMPS. Or for more anime related, Sambomaster?

Yes...Visual Kei seems to usually be mentioned/invited. I want bands that are popular with the anime crowd, that have had their work featured in anime. LOVED seeing FLOW last year and actually knowing the songs even though I didn't know the band as much. I think it would appeal to much more people at the con than one specific genre would.

That said, here's my list (all of which have songs in anime):

• the pillows (FLCL soundtrack/Moonlight Mile)
  • Utada Hikaru (Rebuild of Evangelion/Kingdom Hearts promotions)
  • Tommy Heavenly6 (Soul Eater/Gintama/Paradise Kiss/Gundam 00)
  • YUI (Bleach/FMA)
  • Jyukai (Fate/Stay Night/Ah! My Goddess/Busou Renkin)
  • Kalafina (Kuroshitsuji/Time of Eve movie/So-Ra-No-Wo-To/Kara no Kyoukai/...and recently in Madoka Magica)
  • School Food Punishment (Eden of the East)
  • Oreskaband (Bleach/Naruto)
  • GO!GO!7188 (Itazura na Kiss)
  • Orange Range (Bleach/Naruto/Code Geass)
  • Supercell (Bakemonogatari/Cencoroll/Naruto)
  • The Brilliant Green (Gundam 00)
  • Maaya Sakamoto (Too many animes to name, but she'd double as a guest seiyuu, too)

Anyway, looking forward to what's bound to be a great event regardless of who is chosen.  :)

Narzake

AKB48!!!! They are soooo underrated in america.. They need a taste of some american culture..

Tetsuo

Yea, too many visual kei request. How about have sys hirano and nana mizuki?

sol8693

I vote for Asian Kung Fu Generation as they are an awesome band that i favorite a lot. The band i am in is called Solanin, the same band as asngtrst, is wondering if we can too as you probably already saw asngtrst's message.  Thank you very much for your time to read this message and for providing fanime for us all

PyronIkari

Quote from: Narzake on January 18, 2011, 02:12:57 AM
AKB48!!!! They are soooo underrated in america.. They need a taste of some american culture..

AKB48 have come to America like 5 times already. Also, underrated is a terrible word to use, and frankly, they are not a very family friendly group in the least. Most of their songs are beyond innuendo dirty (and seriously, *I* even think their songs are dirty... me of all people).

Narzake

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 18, 2011, 08:36:25 PM

AKB48 have come to America like 5 times already. Also, underrated is a terrible word to use, and frankly, they are not a very family friendly group in the least. Most of their songs are beyond innuendo dirty (and seriously, *I* even think their songs are dirty... me of all people).
When they sang at the new york anime festival they sang aitakatta, baby baby baby, namida surprise, boku no taiyou, bingo, oogoe diamond, hikoukigumo, and sakura no hanabiratachi... i dont think any of these are dirty at all o.o

sweetcarrot

Quote from: asngtrst on January 15, 2011, 07:51:42 PM
My band, Solanin, is interested in performing as an opening act if MusicFest is still taking locals.  If MusicFest is still taking locals, may we get some information please? thank you :]

I would like to vote for Asian Kung Fu Generation!! I love their song "Blue Train!!" Sooo awesome!! I would also want Solanin to play at MusicFest, I checked them out when they performed. They are really good and would be perfect to play at MusicFest.
MOOO MOOO!!! *ATTACK HUG!!!*

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Mantaray3000

Maaya Sakamoto (loved her Budokan concert) and the one and only Lia.

c2chaos

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 18, 2011, 08:36:25 PM

I've never heard of AKB48 until I saw them at Anime Expo and their show wasn't dirty whatsoever. However, the same can't be said about a few of their die-hard male fans I saw. (>_<)

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

EJAY420

Most Impressive.

deonchan

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Freeden

"
"

Unfortunately, even if Fanime could afford Utada (and who wouldn't want that), she isn't even a possibility right now because she is on hiatus from her career for now. Sad, sad, sad.

That being said, I would like to hear from the Fanime staff and see what artists they have been looking at come perform. I am very curious to know what we can possibly expect. That is, of course, if they have really started looking at anyone specific yet.

PyronIkari

Quote from: Freeden on January 24, 2011, 11:45:44 PM
"
"

Unfortunately, even if Fanime could afford Utada (and who wouldn't want that), she isn't even a possibility right now because she is on hiatus from her career for now. Sad, sad, sad.

That being said, I would like to hear from the Fanime staff and see what artists they have been looking at come perform. I am very curious to know what we can possibly expect. That is, of course, if they have really started looking at anyone specific yet.

Staff can't really do that because there's issues with contracts and stuff like that. It kinda violates a lot of rules/contracts/bindings if things are announced without things being properly done.

Amo-chan

Acid_Android

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 25, 2011, 12:02:10 AM
"
"

Staff can't really do that because there's issues with contracts and stuff like that. It kinda violates a lot of rules/contracts/bindings if things are announced without things being properly done.

As PyronIkari has stated, we can't announce anything until all is official. Otherwise, we could get into a lot of trouble. :)

Also, if we hadn't been looking at anyone specifically by this time (4 months away from con), I'd be freaking out :P MusicFest works year-round. We don't get a break, lol.

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Kuudere

"
"

Aww, that's too bad. Though I'm anxious to see who the staff has eyes on, I can see things getting a little crazy if rumors were to start. "We're looking into possibly inviting 'X band' to perform at Fanime" can quickly transform into, "Hey guys, did you hear that Fanime booked 'x band' to perform?" I'm sure there's other important legal reasons as well, but I can see that alone being reason enough not to bother. Plus, who doesn't love the surprise?

mariotheotaku

I would love to see R-15 (Shitei) perform if possible

gsp113

Im gonna throw out a few wild cards here..

BOA! why? come on shes awesome

Luna Sea

The brilliant Green

Abingdon boys school

SOPHIA!