The End of Fullmetal Alchemist

Started by Freeden, June 10, 2010, 10:49:25 PM

Freeden

Not sure if this is the right place to do it, but this is the best place I could find. I thought I would create a topic for the ending of FMA. For many, I'm sure, it has been one of the premiere manga/anime to make its way to the states. The first FMA anime was a milestone for anime in America and garnered a huge following. It's also one of the few series so immensly popular that it has warranted two series, the second series, Brotherhood, which uses a good chunk of story we had already seen from the original anime. With FMA coming to an end in manga form, and soon to be followed in Brotherhood, it's that feeling of something epic coming to an epic end. People may laugh, but many of us know what it's like when a series finally ends after so long. And the manga lasted nine years. That's a long time for a series to go on. And I think many will agree that FMA was one of, if not the, best series to come out in the 2000's.

So this is my farewell to such a great series. Perhaps we'll see more of Ed and Al in the future, but I would like to think that their story is truly at an end now. Let us hope that Hiromu Arakawa has more fantastic adventures of the likes of FMA in store. Until then, thank you Ms. Arakawa for such a wonderful adventure, one that will never be forgotten.   

AbsolutelyCursed

Admiral Donuts

The ending of the manga, and the manga in general since the anime went off on it's own, was so much better than the anime. If you're reading this and you've only watched the anime, go read the manga! It has a little kung-fu girl who does alchemy by distance and has a little panda that mimics her movements.

I didn't actually know it was going to end so when I read the last chapter today and was kinda surprised that it was the last one, though there's significance to it ending at chapter 108.

Somebody

Ha ha Absolutely Cursed, you stole the words right out of my mouth. Er head, since we're typing not speaking.
I most certainly agree, and I think it's one of those animes that people have to say "Hey, that was the anime of my time." Well, at least one of. xD Cuz I can certainly say it's one I've been growing up with as a teen, if not as a kid. :P It feels weird to say I've been into it about 6-7 years now ._.' that's a long time for me. :)

WAIT WAHT? They uploaded the last chapter TONIGHT? D: *Gasps and runs off in a dash*

--EDIT-- Wow, that was simply amazing. I can't even begin to describe the loss I feel now that it's over. I've been following it for so long, I guess...Idk. xD I can't believe it's over! Honestly, I think I really liked the ending. Seemed reminiscent of something, I'm not sure what, but I think it ended well. And IMHO I think having both animes and the manga was fine-it really gave it a...well I'm not sure how to put it, but it seemed like it was almost supposed to be that way, after a while. Idk. I'm tired. ._.
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

jackiemarie90

Anyone seen the conquerer of shamballa, I thought that was a good ending minus the fact they can't use alchemy in our crappy world!! ha ha ha
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

Somebody

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on June 11, 2010, 09:43:30 PM
Anyone seen the conquerer of shamballa, I thought that was a good ending minus the fact they can't use alchemy in our crappy world!! ha ha ha

Yes, I saw it and I did like it, but I feel that the new ending the manga presented was a little less heartbreaking and more fulfilling xD. Ha ha similarities~
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Freeden

Definately. I'm a bigger fan of the canon ending than the film's version, though I will say that the film was one of the better anime films I have seen, especially one for an established series.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: Somebody on June 12, 2010, 07:42:59 AM
Quote from: jackiemarie90 on June 11, 2010, 09:43:30 PM

Yes, I saw it and I did like it, but I feel that the new ending the manga presented was a little less heartbreaking and more fulfilling xD. Ha ha similarities~

Can't wait for the brotherhood ending!! :)
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.