Marvel/DC Universe Gathering 2014

Started by bahamutknightzero, November 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM

Eliteslayer

Okay, if I can make it (which I plan on doing), I'm definitely bringing my Maxwell Lord (White Lantern version).
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Legendary Hero

Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

Kaname_Tousen

Put me down as Static Shock from the DC universe.

bahamutknightzero

bahamutknightzero

Ok I just caught something that is a bit of a critical situation for me. I have noticed that Masquerade is going to be on Sunday this year and this may have created a stumbling block. When I initially created the gathering topic I went for the one weekend day that wouldn't conflict with Masq (which going by the previous years would be to aim for Sunday), but I just found out about the new day (I didn't check the forum last week) so it kind of leaves me a little worried. Should I keep the gathering for this day or should I go ahead and place this on Saturday instead (same time since it's still open)?

I'd like to get word from everyone that has commented here so far in the topic so I can get word as soon as possible and not end up being too late on any day changes.

Cartoon Lunatic

Hm that does sound like a problem. Well if all else fails, just make it for Saturday. I think my dc crew can make it either way
Fanime 2011 Cosplays:
The Red Hood: 100% Complete
Rocket Grunt: 100% Complete
NOOB-SAIBOT: 90% Getting there!

bahamutknightzero

Well I just wanted to get a good word to see how people here felt before coming to a decision. I'm actually pretty fine with either day so the day may not change unless there is enough concern from the others about wanting the gathering to take place on another day

The Crypt

yea i cant make to this gathering i'm afraid its too close to the kingdom hearts gathering that i want to go
Its the 21st century CURE!!

ispyangie

If it's still going to be in the afternoon, I think it's alright. I didn't originally plan to wear my DC costume until sunday, so if it's later on in the day I have time to change out.
Tweet @ispyangie

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: The Crypt on February 22, 2011, 08:45:26 PM
yea i cant make to this gathering i'm afraid its too close to the kingdom hearts gathering that i want to go

Crypt: That's fine. Will you be able to make it if there is a day change from either gathering?

Quote from: ispyangie on February 24, 2011, 06:34:13 AM
If it's still going to be in the afternoon, I think it's alright. I didn't originally plan to wear my DC costume until sunday, so if it's later on in the day I have time to change out.

ispyangie: It would still be in the afternoon (no time change I believe). I just wanted to get a gauge of views/thoughts everyone here had regarding the days. I don't mind keeping the gathering day as is, but if there are those that would want it changed, then that is ok too.

So for right now, the gathering is still taking place for Sunday. If there is significant concern from people here about the gathering taking place close to Masquerade, then I will go ahead and look to change the day.

LadyGlitterbow

I never go to the masquerade but since a lot of people do go, it might be a better idea to change the gathering to Saturday. Either day is fine with me!

Legendary Hero

@bahamutknightzero: In my opinion. Saturday would be a wiser choice. I'd rather have this gathering cross with other gatherings on Saturday instead of Sunday while the Masquerade is going on. Since a lot of people go to that instead of overall gatherings.. It would be nicer, more people would see the gathering opposed to Sunday due to the Masquerade.  So Saturday seems better to me. :-\

@The Crypt: Lol And you're really gonna skip a comic gathering for Kingdom Hearts? That's fine too, but it'd be kickass to get this gathering pretty large IMO.  :P
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

Legendary Hero

Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

bahamutknightzero

Looking at the feedback so far from both boards, I'll go ahead and send a request about getting the day changed from Sunday to Saturday (so far I've seen people they can do Saturday/fine with either day).

Heimdall

Hey I'll be either re wearing Young Justice Robin that I'm making for Sakura con or maybe make another version between Jason's, Tim's or Damian's Robin but I'll will be there for sure :D glad to see more Batman cosplayers...:)
Fanime '11

Ikki (Air Gear)
Robin (Young Justice)
Izaya (Durarara!)
Elliot (Pandora Hearts)

Legendary Hero

Quote from: Heimdall on March 03, 2011, 08:40:52 AM
Hey I'll be either re wearing Young Justice Robin that I'm making for Sakura con or maybe make another version between Jason's, Tim's or Damian's Robin but I'll will be there for sure :D glad to see more Batman cosplayers...:)
Looks like I get a sidekick, awesome. 8)
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

Legendary Hero

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on February 28, 2011, 11:46:36 AM
Looking at the feedback so far from both boards, I'll go ahead and send a request about getting the day changed from Sunday to Saturday (so far I've seen people they can do Saturday/fine with either day).
By the way, any word on that request change yet?
Fanime 2012 cosplays:
MK9 Stryker
Batman('89)

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: Legendary Hero on March 05, 2011, 01:13:22 AM
Quote from: bahamutknightzero on February 28, 2011, 11:46:36 AM
By the way, any word on that request change yet?

Regarding the change, I have to wait to make the request since there are three 60+ member gatherings that have first dibs on picking days and due to the Masq day switch, they have to decide if they are sticking with their original days or not first before every other gathering can request any changes.

Heimdall

Quote from: Legendary Hero on March 04, 2011, 10:24:10 PM
Quote from: Heimdall on March 03, 2011, 08:40:52 AM
Looks like I get a sidekick, awesome. 8)

Not gonna lie...pretty stocked to see your Batman
Fanime '11

Ikki (Air Gear)
Robin (Young Justice)
Izaya (Durarara!)
Elliot (Pandora Hearts)

bahamutknightzero

Alright everyone, got word back and the day change went through successfully. Gathering will now take place on Saturday instead of Sunday (same time and location).