FanimeCon 2020 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [cosplay] keys of destiny  (Read 1338 times)

Kite

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
[cosplay] keys of destiny
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »

I was wondering if someone could give me a critique about the keys I've made and also any other ways I can improve my technique to make my props look even better.

Additionally I was also wondering if they are even worthy enough of being sold.

http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/SolarWind2383/Fanime%202010/?action=view&current=P1000008.jpg

GoodAsianDriver

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
Re: [cosplay] keys of destiny
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:24:11 AM »

I don't know anything about cosplay or prop making, but they look pretty cool to me. I think I personally prefer the black one over the white one because of the frame.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Kite

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

the black one is the keyblade, oblivion. The white one is the keyblade, oathkeeper.

they're from the PS2 game Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2

So tell me more about the frame please.

Rodney_Pheonix

• Steel Angel Post
  • Live Life, Start Chaos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 10:03:55 AM »

From just the photos they look nice and seem to be excellent quality props. a person would probably have to see them in person to make a final decision on whether they would or wouldn't buy the props.

What'd you use in the construction of them? I can make a few guesses and assumptions but I'd like to see what you have to say in regards to that.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Kite

• Maria-sama ga Post
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 02:36:21 PM »

I used a wooden core for both keyblades as a baseline to build off of as well for the sake of stability.

Afterward I then used cardboard to get the relative shape and design of it.

Then I used a type of polymer for detail work, then paper mache, and finally painted it.

But with closer examination you can tell some of the details and paint job was a bit crooked.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 24 queries.