What was the first anime created? what was the first cartoon created?

Started by Tuckener, December 28, 2010, 01:30:02 AM

Tuckener

anime is the best thing i just love watching it no matter what genre! who agrees with me?!if DBZ not the oldest then what is? also is it weird if i still like cartoons even though i'm a teen now i don't think it is. is an otaku like someone who's addicted to anime or just an anime fan in general? what does it mean technically?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Tuckener on December 28, 2010, 01:30:02 AM
if DBZ not the oldest then what is?

im sure DBZ is the oldest it came out in 1989 and i mean when was that!?!!!1one thats when sega genesis came out and I think thats the oldest thing there is> Alos its when the berlin wall fell and i dont think we had animes when we had communism.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jeimizu on December 28, 2010, 12:59:18 PM
if DBZ not the oldest then what is?

im sure DBZ is the oldest it came out in 1989 and i mean when was that!?!!!1one thats when sega genesis came out and I think thats the oldest thing there is> Alos its when the berlin wall fell and i dont think we had animes when we had communism.

icwhaudeadthar

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Glitch

anime is the best thing i just love watching it no matter what genre! who agrees with me?!if DBZ not the oldest then what is? also is it weird if i still like cartoons even though i'm a teen now i don't think it is. is an otaku like someone who's addicted to anime or just an anime fan in general? what does it mean technically?

I disagree. Anime is the worst thing to happen. I don't know how anybody can watch it. Usually anime is the gate way drug that leads to people becoming pedophiles and jaywalkers.

PyronIkari

Glitch

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 28, 2010, 07:13:53 PM
First anime=Steamboat Willie created in 1928.

/topic
Correction. Humorous Phases of Funny Faces in 1906.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Glitch on December 28, 2010, 07:20:19 PM

/topic

Correction to your correction:
QuoteThe first animated film was created by Charles-Émile Reynaud, inventor of the praxinoscope, an animation system using loops of 12 pictures. On October 28, 1892 at Musée Grévin in Paris, France he exhibited animations consisting of loops of about 500 frames, using his Théâtre Optique system - similar in principle to a modern film projector.

Glitch

Quote from: Jeimizu on December 28, 2010, 11:25:24 PM

/topic

Correction to your correction:
QuoteThe first animated film was created by Charles-Émile Reynaud, inventor of the praxinoscope, an animation system using loops of 12 pictures. On October 28, 1892 at Musée Grévin in Paris, France he exhibited animations consisting of loops of about 500 frames, using his Théâtre Optique system - similar in principle to a modern film projector.
Touche. The praxinoscope was the first animation to be projected on screen but Funny Faces was the first to be shown using film. Depending where in history you want start since the Zoetrope could be counted as animation.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

/topic
Yeah, even Gertie the dinosaur has about 14 years on Mickey Mouse.

Tony

If a spammer starts an engaging thread... is it truly spam?</Philosoraptor>

I guess I'll leave this open.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

G.I.R

Also remember, lots of shorts  (Animated and not) were distributed on Mutoscopes as well as on films in theatres when Movie houses wern't as common.