Art Gallery

Started by summerchristmas838, January 17, 2011, 02:43:19 PM

summerchristmas838

For the last couple of years, information for the art gallery has been like really really vague so does anyone want to properly explain it to me?
<:

braxus

Been exhibiting there the past couple years and definitely can say info is slightly hard to come by.

Here's some things to keep in mind of assuming my memory is correct:

- Art show takes place in the same room as Artist Alley.
- The art show accepts both 2D and 3D art.
- Mature art is welcome but must be placed behind curtains.
- Cost is $15 for a display panel or table.
- You can sell your works at the art show. This is done via auction and if it reaches a certain threshold, it'll be sent to live auction.
- Any sales will be subject to sales tax and if memory serves right, will be collected on your behalf by Fanime.
- You'll be given a NFS (not-for-sale) tag if you don't want your stuff to be sold.
- You can bring in your pieces when the the room opens up for the artist setup in artist alley. Most likely the art show staff will be doing their own setup as well.
- I find most folks tend to start removing their works on Monday early afternoon.

Last year, display space was done on a first come first serve basis. Unsure if that'll be the same this year as well.

airanimechiic

Is this something where you remain behind your table the whole time or is it display and people leave critique/auction(?)?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: airanimechiic on March 22, 2011, 01:53:53 PM
Is this something where you remain behind your table the whole time or is it display and people leave critique/auction(?)?

The latter. Art Show is just for display and auction. If you want to get a table, that would be Artist Alley.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Hachimitsu

okay now comes to a big question..
is there a restriction on the size of the image? Just wanted to double check on this information, plus I too wanted to join in the Artist gallery.

My concern is the auction part. Last time I heard that all the money goes to fanime and not to the artist but I was'nt so sure if its true (heard this from some guy at swap meet)...

and was'nt the live auction only for the exclusive works (like those famous manga creators)?

Kyra_Maverick

I think you're getting confused with the charity auction, which is a separate event.

braxus

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on March 23, 2011, 05:19:01 PM
okay now comes to a big question..
is there a restriction on the size of the image? Just wanted to double check on this information, plus I too wanted to join in the Artist gallery.

My concern is the auction part. Last time I heard that all the money goes to fanime and not to the artist but I was'nt so sure if its true (heard this from some guy at swap meet)...

and was'nt the live auction only for the exclusive works (like those famous manga creators)?

If you're displaying stuff that needs to be hanged, it's done on peg boards. I can't say the size for sure, but think each board is roughly 4ft x 4ft. If you have a rather large piece, you might also be able to use an something that you can provide yourself (e.g. easel) depending on space available.

For works that can't be put on a peg, they also have display tables available. Those I think are your usual 6ft tables.

airanimechiic

I think this is the bigger question- how/when/where do we register?

And just to clarify what I meant was that can you just leave your art where the gallery would be, go around the con to do your stuff, come back to pack them up at the end?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

braxus

First year I did the art show, there were forms posted on the Fanime site for pre-registration. For the previous two years however, there wasn't any type of pre-registration posted on the site. I just brought in my pieces in and they registered me on the spot around the same time artist alley was being setup.

As for leaving your work, you can indeed just leave it for the duration of the show. I myself pick up my stuff around Monday mid-afternoon but think you can pick it up anytime you want.