WE ARE THE DO~LLAR~ZU! Durarara!!/Baccano! Gathering 2011

Started by summerchristmas838, January 18, 2011, 10:55:21 PM

Kuudere

Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 11, 2011, 03:59:51 PM
If anyone cares, I'm the Izaya hauling this around:
http://salvationtoakuma.deviantart.com/art/Celty-s-Head-208481291
except it looks much worse. The powers of photo-editing.
although I'm currently debating the convenience of bringing it with me around the con. Maybe just the gathering.

fajsdf TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE CON MAN.
I wanted to do a head like that (but decided to put my funds into a second last-minute cosplay instead), and THAT, is by far, way better than I would have done. Skillz, you has them.

summerchristmas838

Quote from: MeowDesu on May 11, 2011, 08:43:25 PM
Quote from: summerchristmas838 on May 11, 2011, 03:59:51 PM
If anyone cares, I'm the Izaya hauling this around:
http://salvationtoakuma.deviantart.com/art/Celty-s-Head-208481291
except it looks much worse. The powers of photo-editing.
although I'm currently debating the convenience of bringing it with me around the con. Maybe just the gathering.

fajsdf TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE CON MAN.
I wanted to do a head like that (but decided to put my funds into a second last-minute cosplay instead), and THAT, is by far, way better than I would have done. Skillz, you has them.
....all the Celty's can team up and kill me for it.

LastExile

That'd actually be kind of cool.
Just have all the Celty's chase you around the fountain while you laugh maniacally and hold the Celty head up like a magnificent trophy.

DarkMoonlitStar

nah it's too much work to run around the fountain with high heeled boots and a body suit that doesn't breathe. Maybe the other Celtys can run and I'll just wait on the other end with my scythe ^_^
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

LastExile

If only all you Celties knew how to ride motorcycles.

summerchristmas838

Quote from: LastExile on May 12, 2011, 05:26:00 PM
If only all you Celties knew how to ride motorcycles.

oh god please no. I have no parkour skills and being chased by people on motorcycles would probably kill me.
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES.

There is a beautiful layer of stray fur strands covering everything in my room.

LastExile

They'd go really slow to let you get ahead.
Don't worry, I've thought this through. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.
except for one of them accidentally accelerating so that you either get run over or knocked into the fountain but we won't think about that right nao

Stray fur strands are covering my face at the moment.
Probably because my cat was sleeping on my face.

username_error

Damn this year is not agreeing with me. Still bringing Izaya but I might have to put everything else on hold. Freaking sucks.
Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

Kuudere

Quote from: username_error on May 14, 2011, 08:57:53 AM
Damn this year is not agreeing with me. Still bringing Izaya but I might have to put everything else on hold. Freaking sucks.
:( At least it's an awesome cosplay to do, right?

And how can you not finish L on time?? Isn't it just jeans and a white shirt and maybe a little eyeliner?  :P

username_error

Yeah with L. I'm super super SUPER anal about cosplay, so I would have to get more makeup to cover my eyebrows and sticky sandals so I can walk with the illusion of being barefoot. But I didn't end up going on that track.

Cosplays for Fanime-

LastExile

You should just walk around with bare feet. Like a boss.

summerchristmas838

Quote from: LastExile on May 20, 2011, 04:06:05 PM
You should just walk around with bare feet. Like a boss.
that's actually not allowed, believe it or not. Health issues or something.
gasd;kjflas ONE WEEK GUYS WHO ELSE IS EXCITED.

LastExile

Health issues? My goodness, people are paranoid nowadays.
WE WE WE. SO EXCITED. : D

heeroyuy135

Yes, Dotachin is complete!
Although I feel stupid for not checking my closet before going shopping, now I have to return a $20 jacket that I got for him.
Also the clothing material may not be accurate as in the anime, it's close enough without having to go out of my way and I'll have the wig beanie. I plan to destroy my Mori wig with duct tape once I'm done with the Ouran Gathering to create that beanie poof effect in time for the DRR!! Gathering on Saturday.

DarkMoonlitStar

I'm excited x3 Though since I'll be in character while I'm Celty I won't be talking xP (at least I'll try not to)
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

username_error

I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to the gathering as Izaya or Aoba..... -ponder-
Cosplays for Fanime-

iNSOMNiAC

Hey guys! I was wondering, are there actually any Baccano! cosplayers planning to be at this gathering? I sort of skimmed through most of the thread and didn't really see any. A friend of mine and her group of friends are cosplaying from it, and would like to be a part of this, but they would be more encouraged to go if they knew whether there'd be other cosplayers from the series or not. Even if they're the only ones though, they will probably want to represent anyways haha, so I'm just asking this on her behalf! Thanks peeps!

Kuudere

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on May 21, 2011, 11:04:50 AM
Hey guys! I was wondering, are there actually any Baccano! cosplayers planning to be at this gathering? I sort of skimmed through most of the thread and didn't really see any. A friend of mine and her group of friends are cosplaying from it, and would like to be a part of this, but they would be more encouraged to go if they knew whether there'd be other cosplayers from the series or not. Even if they're the only ones though, they will probably want to represent anyways haha, so I'm just asking this on her behalf! Thanks peeps!

We'd be happy to have 'em join in. No one's said they'll be doing Baccano yet, but I'm sure that we'll get some that show up at the con.

summerchristmas838

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on May 21, 2011, 11:04:50 AM
OH GOD PLEASE HAVE THEM COME. There are quite literally no other cosplayers from Baccano and it makes me depressed ;_;.

iNSOMNiAC

Thanks for the responses! I'll let them know! If they are all able to make it, then you guys should have an Isaac, Miria, Rail Tracer, Jacuzzi, Nice and Graham. And I'll probably be there taking pictures. So see you all in a week!