how to stay in character panel

Started by username_error, February 27, 2011, 10:29:44 AM

username_error

Staying in character while in cosplay, or roleplaying? How about that? Would anyone come see it?
Cosplays for Fanime-
Izaya Orihara Durarara 95% Done
Suit Izaya Durarara 75% Done
Aoba Kuronuma Durarara 90% done

Meever

username_error

Tips about how to stay in character, how it can translate into photoshoots for cosplay, generally improving self confidence of cosplayers and roleplayers.
Cosplays for Fanime-

Mi Feng

Kind of like an acting workshop? Like a character's motives, how to use tactics and a character's center and how they can be used while cosplaying?

username_error

Cosplays for Fanime-

username_error

Acting workshop.... the word acting makes me a little edgy but... Kind of how to put your mind into the character's... And pretty much... yeah act. Never thought of it that way.
Cosplays for Fanime-

LadyGlitterbow

Well, an "acting" workshop all by itself sounds a bit uninteresting and unfocused, but what if you covered topics like how to use acting to pose for pictures, and made it more about the photo shoot? Cause I actually realized while making one of my costumes, "I am going to have to practice poses so I get good pictures!" And so coming up with good poses and facial expressions for certain kinds of characters would be awesome. You could cover the generic characters.

username_error

That is a good point.
I just know I've had experiences when I've cosplayed many years ago where I was out of character and people very much pointed it out to me. Well I was 14 at the time, and it was my first con.
But since then I've always done my best to be in character. Photoshoot posing would be great too or coming up with Ideas for photoshoots.
Cosplays for Fanime-

Chesid

I think this could actually be quite useful, as others said, for the purposes of photoshoots. I'd attend.

I had a LOT of fun in a Rorschach cosplay at Fanime 09; partly because I stayed in character. It really made the experience that much more fulfilling, at least, for me - and I'd like to think anyone that dealt with me had a little fun.

This year, I'm going to need to be far more bubbly, though hot-headed. It's going to be fun.
Fanime '13:
(The Great and Powerful) Trixie - MLP:FiM
Ariel, "Kiss the Girl"/town dress - The Little Mermaid

username_error

Ohhh that character sounds like a lot of fun!!!!! And very difficult to pull off.

Kind of, happy-go-lucky until someone steps over the boundaries. so happy-go-lucky but very sensitive?
Hmmmmmmm <3
Cosplays for Fanime-