First time going to Fanime. Please help!

Started by KuroTsuki, May 19, 2011, 06:02:50 PM

KuroTsuki

This is my first time going to Fanime. I want to know that can I register for the full weekend badge when I go on Thursday? And if that's true so what do I need to do next?

Persona

KuroTsuki

''No purchases may be made on Thursdays. Thursday is ONLY to register already paid memberships.''

So i just go on Thursday to register, and then come tomorrow to pick up the badge?

M

Quote from: KuroTsuki on May 19, 2011, 06:26:40 PM
''No purchases may be made on Thursdays. Thursday is ONLY to register already paid memberships.''

So i just go on Thursday to register, and then come tomorrow to pick up the badge?
With the exception of Pre and Early Registration, you pick up your badge after you register/pay. So if you're looking to pick up your badge on Friday, you would pay there.

We do have unbadged events on Thursday though, so you can still come and join the fun!
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

KuroTsuki

luffy77

This is also my first fanime and was wondering where do we pick up our badges and do I just need to bring my email conformation and ID?  Also instead of printing it out can I just pull it up on my phone and just show that?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: luffy77 on May 21, 2011, 11:58:22 PM
This is also my first fanime and was wondering where do we pick up our badges and do I just need to bring my email conformation and ID?  Also instead of printing it out can I just pull it up on my phone and just show that?
You'll need a valid government issued photo ID for pickup. The e-mail confirmation just helps our staff in retrieving your badge faster, so it's better to print it. If you can't it's all right too, but preferred.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

luffy77

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 22, 2011, 12:19:08 AM
You'll need a valid government issued photo ID for pickup. The e-mail confirmation just helps our staff in retrieving your badge faster, so it's better to print it. If you can't it's all right too, but preferred.

And where do I go to pick up my badge?  Im assuming that its at the convention center, but is there like a certain place such as a box office?

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Lower Floor off to the right side of the registration entrance.  Please Follow the Rovers and Staffers as they will guide you.  Make sure you print out your E-postcard.  Its not up yet as we are waiting for it to speed up the registration faster and make sure you have your government I.D. Passport or Drivers License as this is a must.  Here is the Link to the Map of the Convention Center.

http://www.sanjose.org/EC2/sitepdfs/convention-center-layout.pdf
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

otakuya

On the bottom floor of the convention center, just look for a big line of people for reg. Can't miss it.

Rin_chan

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 22, 2011, 12:19:08 AM
Is the email confirmation the same as this "electronic postcard" that supposed to be attached to our account before Fanime starts? Also, since I registered myself, then added two friends to my group a week later, do I need both email confirmations or just the first one with my info on it?

Sorry its my second year going but last year my other friend was the group leader ^^; I don't really know how everything works just yet.

M

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 22, 2011, 04:56:19 PMIs the email confirmation the same as this "electronic postcard" that supposed to be attached to our account before Fanime starts? Also, since I registered myself, then added two friends to my group a week later, do I need both email confirmations or just the first one with my info on it?

Sorry its my second year going but last year my other friend was the group leader ^^; I don't really know how everything works just yet.
The "electronic postcards" have not been sent out yet. The e-mail that you received is essentially your "receipt".

I looked up your record and all members are paid for, so you'll need both confirmations (one on 3/28 and one on 3/30). If you're missing one/both printouts, it will delay your badge pickup but you'll be able to get it.

Rin_chan

Quote from: MPLe on May 22, 2011, 05:11:12 PM
Quote from: Rin_chan on May 22, 2011, 04:56:19 PMIs the email confirmation the same as this "electronic postcard" that supposed to be attached to our account before Fanime starts? Also, since I registered myself, then added two friends to my group a week later, do I need both email confirmations or just the first one with my info on it?

The "electronic postcards" have not been sent out yet. The e-mail that you received is essentially your "receipt".

I looked up your record and all members are paid for, so you'll need both confirmations (one on 3/28 and one on 3/30). If you're missing one/both printouts, it will delay your badge pickup but you'll be able to get it.

ahh, I see, I definintity will print them out soon as their posted. thanks for the info. any news on when they might be up?

M

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 22, 2011, 06:34:36 PMahh, I see, I definintity will print them out soon as their posted. thanks for the info. any news on when they might be up?
One of the following two (out of the knowledge that I have):
* It will be sent out as early as today (Monday) and as late as Wednesday(?).
* It will be cancelled and there will be an alternative method (maybe just your ID). I actually prefer this method since it means that less paper is used since we already require your ID. :P