Can we get soem projected costs for Hotels through housing?

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, October 27, 2011, 11:23:41 PM

Rodney_Pheonix

Presumably negotiations are going on, and some of the desk clerks I've spoken to over the past few days have been very snide saying everything for Memorial day weekend is already booked, or quoting me astronomical prices (IE: 320 a night for the cheap rooms.). This next year It's not going to be just me, it's around 15-20 people and we're trying to budget it out and fundraise, etc, however we need a reasonable amount to shoot for, part of why I've been bothering the hotels in the area to get pricing so we have something to aim at with the hope that Fanime Housing will be helping alleviate that burden.

So.. some 'soft' numbers regarding the various hotels maybe?
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

HunterZero

FanimeCon gets special convention pricing, so don't bother calling the hotels directly yet. Usually, the hotels have large blocks of rooms already reserved for the convention that will be provisioned through the website and company that specifically handles FanimeCon hotels. That would explain the lack of rooms. Also, if you call them, they will quote you their default rate, which is usually very high.

For the future, you should just wait for FanimeCon to announce official rooms if you want to reserve. In the past, it's run between $80 and $120 per night, depending on the hotel and occupancy, but again that is in the past and may not be correct for the future.

Also, PLEASE don't over occupy rooms. It can really piss of the hotel, get you into serious trouble (possibly get thrown out) and gives FanimeCon a bad name.
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Rodney_Pheonix

I understand that about the over-occupation issue. Hence why we want to get the right amounts in each room, etc etc.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.