Artist Alley Question

Started by ladyvoid, January 09, 2012, 05:56:04 PM

ladyvoid

Hello - So I'm going to have my first artist alley table this year, and I was wondering if somebody wiser than myself can answer a few clarifications I have about selling there:
A). I looked at the artist alley agreement for this year and I didn't see an option to buy a half table instead of a whole table. Is that option gone, or am I missing a something?
B). As a seller, do we have to purchase both a fanime badge and a table, or does the table fee include admission to the con?
If there's anything else you can share to a newbie, that can be great as well. You can see a sample of my stuff here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/handmadesurprises

Alexie828

Oh haha, I remembered my first year last year. It's a lot of fun, but also rather stressful. Totally worth it in the end. ^^

A) It appears that the half tables are taken out this year. Not many people actually go for it, since table sharing is easier than sticking two half people together. If you only want to get half a table, I'd suggest finding a friend who can share the cost of the table and sell along with you. C:

B) Artist Alley and Fanime Badge registration is done separately because some people go to Fanime with the intention of only selling art. The badge is not required since if a potential seller does not get their table, they won't have to complain about getting a refund. As such, the table price is separate from the con price, and both are sold separately.

Your wares are really cute. ;u; The table registration process is competitive since it is done on a first come first serve basis. If you get a table, I'd suggest you bring along a booklet to keep track of sales for when you have to pay tax on your Seller's Permit. Keep inventory too, to avoid any instances of shoplifting. (I didn't have that happen, but I hear it does.) Make sure you review all the rules in the agreement so that you don't mess up and get a warning. I did on my first day there. It was so embarrassing! LOL!

ewu

Just to make clear. AA tables and memberships are sold separately. However, you must have a membership to claim your table. During the purchase of an AA table, you should have the option to purchase both together. Note that AA reg will likely not get up in time to make the next price break, so you will be paying $5 more for the membership if you wait till you have a table confirmed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Phyn

Table signups for Artist Alley will be up on Saturday January 28th so if the registration cost of membership holds until the end of the month, then there would be a window to buy membership before that price rises (although a very small window).

Anyway, to repeat what Eric stated above, cost of a table is separate from buying a badge.

Marc Dell'Erba
Artist Alley

ladyvoid

Thanks for replying, you guys.
I've already bought my membership, so based off what you guys are saying, I have to buy membership whether I will be a seller or an attendee.

Phyn

Quote from: ladyvoid on January 10, 2012, 09:02:16 PM
Thanks for replying, you guys.
I've already bought my membership, so based off what you guys are saying, I have to buy membership whether I will be a seller or an attendee.

It's the same either way.  Might as well dive in as a new artist!  :)