What fanart would you like to see/are working on for the AA?

Started by LiL Moon, March 05, 2012, 11:05:44 PM

Haunterluvcookies

Minecraft will definitely sell well. It's gotten pretty damn popular, especially among the nerd crowd (including Anime geeks). I'll be doing some Minecraft stuff too.  Most of my stuff seems to be from games like Portal, Fallout, Bioshock, and the like though.

Your doing bioshock!!! Yay, anything with Big daddy???

On another note, anyone doing saint seiya, eureka seven or hetalia?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Laggy

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 13, 2012, 11:10:14 PM

Your doing bioshock!!! Yay, anything with Big daddy???

One of my pieces features a Big Daddy being pulled along by a Little Sister, actually, haha. Most of the other stuff for Bioshock will be aged looking advertisement posters though, like for Dr. Steinman and the Masquerade Ball. Same thing with Fallout. Lots of Nuka Cola ads and whatnot.

octorok

Quote from: Yuutousei on March 13, 2012, 11:07:21 PM
I'm hoping to see a lot more Tiger & Bunny stuff :D

The last few cons I've been to had quite a lot of MLP stuff (bluh) and Madoka is still going strong. I'd say Fate/Zero will probably get a lot of stuff too.  Metal Gear might get some since previews of Revengence have been circulating.

I'm hoping for Sherlock-related arts, but that is doubtful "/

Not doubtful! My boothbuddy and I are both doing Sherlock things. AAAAND one of our favorite Sherlock artists is gonna be there for sure.

Yuutousei

Quote from: octorok on March 13, 2012, 11:51:36 PM
Not doubtful! My boothbuddy and I are both doing Sherlock things. AAAAND one of our favorite Sherlock artists is gonna be there for sure.
Yay!
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

Haunterluvcookies

One of my pieces features a Big Daddy being pulled along by a Little Sister, actually, haha. Most of the other stuff for Bioshock will be aged looking advertisement posters though, like for Dr. Steinman and the Masquerade Ball. Same thing with Fallout. Lots of Nuka Cola ads and whatnot.

Yay! I might have to get it! My friends got me into Bioshock and I love the big daddys!  ;D
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

LiL Moon

I really don't know much about Minecraft. But I do know people like it. I'm curious, why is it popular?

Laggy

Quote from: LiL Moon on March 14, 2012, 01:04:39 AM
I really don't know much about Minecraft. But I do know people like it. I'm curious, why is it popular?

It's great if you're a creative person (Or an autistic person, to be honest)

The graphics may be crappy, but that's not really what it's about. You can build whatever you want piece by piece. Castles, ships, entire cities, whatever. That's how it appeals to me, anyway. It's like getting to do all the stuff I wished I could when I was a kid.

Notch may be a crappy programmer, but he made a good game. lol

octorok

Quote from: Laggy on March 14, 2012, 02:49:53 AM
Quote from: LiL Moon on March 14, 2012, 01:04:39 AM

It's great if you're a creative person (Or an autistic person, to be honest)

The graphics may be crappy, but that's not really what it's about. You can build whatever you want piece by piece. Castles, ships, entire cities, whatever. That's how it appeals to me, anyway. It's like getting to do all the stuff I wished I could when I was a kid.

Notch may be a crappy programmer, but he made a good game. lol

I'm not as big on building, but I really love exploring. One thing about Minecraft is that it generates infinitely (sorta) in all directions. Different biomes, trees, animals, etc etc. It goes on forever!

Also, I wouldn't call the graphics crappy or bad at all. Low res =/= bad graphic. I'm sure they started low-res because of budget limitations, but low-res is sorta the only thing that makes sense in this game. If it were mindblowingly detailed, how are you supposed to build anything about of dirt?  9___6 It would just make a shifty pile instead of a neat little block, lol. Also, hi-res would also limit how much world we can generate.

octorok

Also! To anyone doing/looking for Zelda fanart:

Are you guys doing specific games? Or just general Zelda stuff? Is Skyward Sword very popular lately?
I'm trying to decide between doing some Skyward Sword art or Ocarina of Time art.

ShikiIchijo

Quote from: octorok on March 14, 2012, 05:55:14 PM
Also! To anyone doing/looking for Zelda fanart:

Are you guys doing specific games? Or just general Zelda stuff? Is Skyward Sword very popular lately?
I'm trying to decide between doing some Skyward Sword art or Ocarina of Time art.
I would love to see Ocarina of Time. <3
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

Oniko

If you'd really like to take on a gamble you can try for new stuff.  I'm one of those people that always like the new line-ups and often draw from those.  Sometimes it's a miss but sometimes the fanbase is huge.  When Madoka came out last year I believe I was one of the several artists that had stuff stocked for it and they went flying off my table.  The same thing happen the year before with ShugoChara.  But like I said it's a gamble.
I also look for shows coming back into trend.  I'm redoing my Kenshin stuff.  Not only being I'm excited about the show but because I'm sure fans will be just as pumped.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

RitsuHime

I know I have a somewhat long list of things I would love to see in the AA this year -
Madoka Magica, Panty & Stocking, Anohana, Angel Beats, Macross Frontier, Working,
Eden of the East, Persona 4, The World God Only Knows and Gurren Lagann.

For older series It would be awesome to see Sailor Moon (of course), Cardcaptor Sakura,
Chobits, Fooly Cooly, Macross (original), Zelda (any), .//Hack,  and Lupin the 3rd (Highly doubt people know this one,
but anyone who does is awesome in my book.)

But I guess as popularity goes, I think you guys might be able to sell more fanart of these series - Madoka, Panty/Stocking,
My Little Pony, Pokemon, Bleach, Naruto, Zelda, Salior Moon, Durarara, Kuroshitsuji, Fullmetal Alchemist, K-on,
Adventure Time, Final Fantasy, Ai no exorcist, Helitalia, Mirai nikki, Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Avatar: TLAB or Korra.
Based on what I have heard /seen is still popular.

Sorry for such a long post ....   > u <

vestien

I dont have much fanart in the way of prints, but I have quite a few fanart buttons, including:
Persona 3+4, Adventure Time, Lupin III, Magi, Sherlock, Marvel+DCU, Sakamichi No Apollon, Misfits.

Quote from: RitsuHime on April 13, 2012, 03:55:35 AM
I know I have a somewhat long list of things I would love to see in the AA this year -
Madoka Magica, Panty & Stocking, Anohana, Angel Beats, Macross Frontier, Working,
Eden of the East, Persona 4, The World God Only Knows and Gurren Lagann.

For older series It would be awesome to see Sailor Moon (of course), Cardcaptor Sakura,
Chobits, Fooly Cooly, Macross (original), Zelda (any), .//Hack,  and Lupin the 3rd (Highly doubt people know this one,
but anyone who does is awesome in my book.)

@RitsuHime: I used to have a WORKING print.  it just didnt sell well so I pulled it :( 
Also, I adore Lupin III.  Happy to see it come back in the spotlight again too!

RitsuHime

@vestien: Really? I must have passed it or didn't see it ...
Plus I didn't get to check out alot the AA last year, Something
happened and then I had to go back home so ... Yeah.  D;

somegirlkatie

One Piece.. [Zoro♥ stuff mainly..] :)
League of Legends
Panty and Stocking

I'm disappointed at myself for missing out on the Panty and Stocking x League of Legends print last year.
x_x;

vestien

Quote from: RitsuHime on April 15, 2012, 02:11:57 PM
@vestien: Really? I must have passed it or didn't see it ...
Plus I didn't get to check out alot the AA last year, Something
happened and then I had to go back home so ... Yeah.  D;
sorry to hear that :(
but I wasnt at Fanime last year.  this will be my first time going.
my WORKING print was from 2010

RitsuHime

Quote from: vestien on April 16, 2012, 10:17:02 PM
sorry to hear that :(
but I wasnt at Fanime last year.  this will be my first time going.
my WORKING print was from 2010

Ahhhh ~ That must be why.
I didn't go to Fanime 2010 ...
Thanks for the concern though, it wasn't all bad -
turned into a good con related story to tell and a reminder on why wearing good shoes is important. lol
I hope you have a good time in the AA, I'll try to make more time to see everything this year. :)