Registration- Group Leader Under Age

Started by RitsukaUzumaki, April 26, 2012, 10:46:28 PM

RitsukaUzumaki

I'm my groups leader and I'm only fifteen, but it says you need an ID.
I don't even have a school ID.Do you think a birth certificate would be good enough??  ???
I have four other people in my group and I can't let them down.
FanimeCon 2014: Uchiha Madara(Pre-Konoha), Uchiha Mikoto(Young), Trancy Alois, and one more undecided.

http://ritsukauzumaki.deviantart.com
http://www.facebook.com/RitsukaUzumaki?fref=ts
http://phantomleafpro.deviantart.com

SpiritOfKairi

I'd highly suggest you either:
1) Use a passport for identification if you have one
2) If you don't have a passport, get a state ID ASAP (you don't need to be a certain age to get one)
or 3) If you have someone else in the group who DOES have an ID, email registration so they can be named the group leader instead.

Unfortunately birth certificates won't work because those don't have a picture of you on them.  But yeah, if you don't have an ID and can't get one before the con, swap your group leader title with someone else who DOES have an ID by emailing [email protected] so the badges can be picked up.

Gigantor

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 26, 2012, 11:54:54 PM
I'd highly suggest you either:
1) Use a passport for identification if you have one
2) If you don't have a passport, get a state ID ASAP (you don't need to be a certain age to get one)
or 3) If you have someone else in the group who DOES have an ID, email registration so they can be named the group leader instead.

Unfortunately birth certificates won't work because those don't have a picture of you on them.  But yeah, if you don't have an ID and can't get one before the con, swap your group leader title with someone else who DOES have an ID by emailing [email protected] so the badges can be picked up.

Just to expand on this, the max turn around time for a State ID is 60 days so there may not be enough time to receive an ID before the event.
I agree with SpiritOfKairi for option 3 and would say that is the easiest possible solution at this point and time.

kookiekween99

That's the maximum turn around, but I applied for a state ID a few weeks ago and it was mailed to me within a week.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

opalwhisker

hello! I'm a group leader, but I'm under aged (16) and my passport just expired. Is it possible for me to use it? If that alone won't work, I ca bring the passport and my school ID. I understand you usually don't accept school IDs because you get many people from all over the nation coming to this event, but I'm from the area if that helps any... If none of this is possible, I'll see what I can do to renew my passport in time. (Switching leaders isn't an option, the only other person in the group is even younger than me)

SOawesomeness

We don't accept expired IDs... if you can, have your parent come in with you when you pick up your badge. If not, e-mail registration and we'll see what we can do.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

opalwhisker

Alright I think I can have my mom come with us to pick them up, but she doesn't want to wait in line on thursday for hours to get them, is there anyway we can pick them up on friday or something? If we have to she says she'll wait in line on thursday, but she'd really rather find a way around it if possible.

kookiekween99

Quote from: opalwhisker on April 29, 2012, 09:26:45 AM
Alright I think I can have my mom come with us to pick them up, but she doesn't want to wait in line on thursday for hours to get them, is there anyway we can pick them up on friday or something? If we have to she says she'll wait in line on thursday, but she'd really rather find a way around it if possible.

From the FAQ:

QuoteQ: So I pre-registered, but does that mean that I HAVE to pick up my badge on Thursday?
A: No, Thursday is an additional option for Pre-registration members who wish to pick up their badge on that day. You can pick up your badge from Thursday-Monday during our open Registration hours.

EJAY420

just find somebody who is older (18+) and all your problems will go away.
Most Impressive.

opalwhisker

alright so we can pick up the badge friday that's good :D but my mom wants to know if we have to wait in line. I know the FAQ says just walk in straight from the front door to pick it up, but my mom is insisting I make sure we wouldn't have to wait in that line friday and such.

kookiekween99

Quote from: opalwhisker on April 29, 2012, 01:51:18 PM
alright so we can pick up the badge friday that's good :D but my mom wants to know if we have to wait in line. I know the FAQ says just walk in straight from the front door to pick it up, but my mom is insisting I make sure we wouldn't have to wait in that line friday and such.

It depends what time you show up. My first year, I showed up around 4:00 PM on Friday, and we were only in line for all of about two minutes. Last year, we showed up around 10:30 AM, and we were in line for about five minutes. But I've heard that at other times, it can be pretty long.

opalwhisker

you mean you were only in that huge line for 2-5 min? last year, when my friend bought a day-of-con badge we waited in line for like 3 hrs. :I  maybe we're thinking of different lines. or maybe i should reword this...uh okay... is there a separate line for people to pick up pre reg badges on friday, or do they have to wait in line with the people who are buying the badges the day of?

kookiekween99

Quote from: opalwhisker on April 29, 2012, 02:20:37 PM
you mean you were only in that huge line for 2-5 min? last year, when my friend bought a day-of-con badge we waited in line for like 3 hrs. :I  maybe we're thinking of different lines. or maybe i should reword this...uh okay... is there a separate line for people to pick up pre reg badges on friday, or do they have to wait in line with the people who are buying the badges the day of?

Pre-Reg line is a completely different line from at-con reg. :)

opalwhisker