Fanime 2013 woo! Projects? How to improve? Ques. for Artists in artist alley

Started by princeofrose, July 12, 2012, 02:57:27 PM

princeofrose

So all the artists that sold at the artist alley did you guys have a good time? :D

This was my first time selling and I forgot that I had to wake up early every day =__=; I was sooooo tired omigawddd

So I was wondering after your experience this year what are you going to change about your booth the next year? For ex. Did you make keychains but realized that people really loved stickers too so you want to make stickers for next year?

Also what other projects were you thinking of doing? For ex. Make more prints or pins etc.

I realized that a lot of people wanted pins/buttons (but I don't have a button maker so I borrowed my friends) And I went online and made 1" pins which were a lot smaller than I imagined so I sold em for 50cents each-I actually made a nice sum of money for selling things for only 50cents

I was also thinking this year to make more mini prints-which I am going to put on ultra heavy glossy cardstock (so basically postcard paper)
And was wondering if I should do double sided color pictures? For ex. have Loki on one side and Thor or something on the other? But then I'd price it to be a bit more-so I'd sell my one sided ones to be $3-$4 and then my double sided ones would be $4-6
But then I thought that might be too much for a mini 4x6 print so it might be better if I just one sided them instead so if people wanted only Loki they could get Loki instead of both. What do you think?

Sorry if this post is so long-just wondering how everyones artist alley experience went! I met some really awesome and nice artists when I went to artist alley too which made me really happy!