Blood Drive

Started by Xaara, March 28, 2013, 10:30:26 AM

Xaara

Hello everyone. As everyone may know, last year Fanime 2012 had a blood drive with Stanford which I thought was wonderful. And I was wondering if anyone would enjoy that to happen again this year for Fanime 2013.
FanimeCon 2014 cosplays:
-Fem Ciel (Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji)
-Fem Tony (DHMIS)
-Trickster John Egbert (Homestuck)
-Jake English (Homestuck)
-Taokaka (Blazblue)
-Trickster Jake English (Homestuck)

Sen

Staff have been definitely looking in to making it happen. Thanks for the suggestion!
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

M

Quote from: Xaara on March 28, 2013, 10:30:26 AMHello everyone. As everyone may know, last year Fanime 2012 had a blood drive with Stanford which I thought was wonderful. And I was wondering if anyone would enjoy that to happen again this year for Fanime 2013.
It is looking less likely, but we are still trying to plan it. We'll do the usual fanfare if we are able to have a FanimeCon 2013 blood drive... Otherwise, you'll have to wait until 2014 for us to take your blood. :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Xaara

FanimeCon 2014 cosplays:
-Fem Ciel (Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji)
-Fem Tony (DHMIS)
-Trickster John Egbert (Homestuck)
-Jake English (Homestuck)
-Taokaka (Blazblue)
-Trickster Jake English (Homestuck)

Admiral Donuts

So, anybody know if there's a 2014 blood drive planned?

Admiral Donuts

According to the map there's going to be a blood drive this year, anyone know when?

kookiekween99

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 19, 2014, 11:34:22 PM
According to the map there's going to be a blood drive this year, anyone know when?

Which map are you talking about? I haven't seen any con maps released for this year yet. (If there has been, I'd love to see!)

The last thing I heard was that they were unable to organize a blood drive this year, mostly because the people at Red Cross didn't respond to Fanime staff in time.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

otakuya

http://www.fanime.com/maps
According to the map, there's going to be a blood drive in Marriott's Willow Glen room. I don't know any other info after that.

kookiekween99

Oh wow, has that map been there the whole time? I had been told that it hadn't been released yet.

Anyways, Willow Glen I & II belongs to Masquerade for pre-practice, and Willow Glen III is the Idros Closet aka Donation Station for Black & White Ball.

Other than that, a quick scan over the map matches all the info I've been given.

kookiekween99

Correction: Masquerade pre-practice is in Blossom Hill 1 & 2 (on the 3rd floor of the Marriott), not Willow Glen.

I still have not heard any information about the Blood Drive, but I'm looking into it.

EDIT: I have confirmation that there will not be a blood drive this year.

Admiral Donuts

No need to take a break from drinking, then. Thanks for the update.

ewu

Sorry guys, don't think we can pull off the blood drive this year. Too many people and not enough vampiresstaff. Apologies. Maybe next year!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom