RahXephon: I don't get it so would like to know more (:

Started by ced1106, May 18, 2004, 12:02:57 AM

ced1106

The quality of animation is great, but the library only had the **last three eps**. So, naturally, all I understand of the series is that it's a drama with alien guys fighting humans and some scientist guy who created the RahXephon technology.

Anyway, I'd like to hear about what you enjoyed about the series!

Thanks,

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Nemuren

RahXephon is one of the most rewatchable shows I've seen. It is so densely layered, it's almost impossible to pick up everything the first time. But it doesn't come off as deliberately frustrating or pretentious. The show's very last scene is a helpful invitation to take a second look at the whole series with a new perspective.

It does require that you pay lots of attention, and that you connect many of the dots yourself. If you don't like a challenge, you won't like RahXephon. It resembles Evangelion very closely, but I find RahXephon to be a more successful series on the whole, in large part because it never goes through drastic changes of tone or a significant drop in budget the way Eva did. I also found Ayato to be a refreshing protagonist, largely avoiding the "woe is me" Shinji persona and dealing with everything pretty much straight on.

And as you noticed, it is a very beautiful show. Great animation, music and acting. It's easily one of the best I've seen in recent years.

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: "Nemuren"
It does require that you pay lots of attention, and that you connect many of the dots yourself. If you don't like a challenge, you won't like RahXephon. It resembles Evangelion very closely, but I find RahXephon to be a more successful series on the whole, in large part because it never goes through drastic changes of tone or a significant drop in budget the way Eva did. I also found Ayato to be a refreshing protagonist, largely avoiding the "woe is me" Shinji persona and dealing with everything pretty much straight on.

And as you noticed, it is a very beautiful show. Great animation, music and acting. It's easily one of the best I've seen in recent years.

It is a superior series to Evangelion....It has a consistent story that doesn't cheat the audience!!!! :)   However, being that it is one of the many post Evangelion titles out there, RahXephon tends to get passed over. :(
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

Shin Gouki

Leishu

I loved RahXephon.

I want to marry it.

I want Ayato to have my children.

^_^'

Yeah. I'm of the heretics who have gone against the Eva bible and have said 'hey. There's better Anime out there.'

So far, I've managed to narrowly escape (verbal) crucifixion many times.

Yeah, though...it's kinda important to watch the series in order.

Maaya Sakamoto is my hero. She encourages me to sing falsetto just for the sake of being the only living non-castrated male ever to be able to hit her notes. ^_^
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"I loved RahXephon.

I want to marry it.

Um, it's ok to love anime ....just don't LOVE anime. :shock:
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

KinFreon

Quote from: "Mach5Motorsport"
Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"I loved RahXephon.

I want to marry it.

Um, it's ok to love anime ....just don't LOVE anime. :shock:

You obviously have NOT seen //www.anime-love.com, have you, mon frere? XD

hazelasher

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"
Yeah. I'm of the heretics who have gone against the Eva bible and have said 'hey. There's better Anime out there.'

I totally agree with you. ^_^ Just thought I'd say that.