Hotel Cancellation Penalties

Started by soulfringe, May 09, 2013, 12:04:47 AM

soulfringe

So what is the deal with these?

Apparently the last day to cancel without penalty was Friday April 26th, which is almost a month in advance.

Typically, aren't most hotels cancellation policies somewhere around the 24-48 hour range?

What is the deal here, because recent changes have me needing to cancel, but that is just not going to be financially feasible.

kookiekween99

That's the date to cancel using CMR. After they transfer the reservations directly to the hotels, you can cancel though the hotel. That's what I did last year.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Xeluu

My thought would be to see if you can find someone who wants the room from you instead. According to CMR you should be able to change information up until the 14th. That way you'll have another happy fan, and you'll have your funds intact. (This might not be possible, but something to consider.) Realize, if you just cancel through the hotel, it's unlikely another fan will get that room, much less at the convention rate.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Super No 1

Quote from: Xeluu on May 09, 2013, 01:28:12 AM
My thought would be to see if you can find someone who wants the room from you instead. According to CMR you should be able to change information up until the 14th. That way you'll have another happy fan, and you'll have your funds intact. (This might not be possible, but something to consider.) Realize, if you just cancel through the hotel, it's unlikely another fan will get that room, much less at the convention rate.

Wouldn't the cancelled room go to somebody on the waiting list?  It would make sense.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

DangerHeart

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 09, 2013, 12:36:56 AM
That's the date to cancel using CMR. After they transfer the reservations directly to the hotels, you can cancel though the hotel. That's what I did last year.

I didn't even know you could do that. I wonder if the Saint Claire will let us do that. Financial problems are forcing my group to bundle up in two rooms again this year but that cancellation fee really stinks.

ewu

I'm sorry this has inconvenienced you, however, cancellations vary by booking and it is stated clearly on the reservations website when the cancellation deadline is.

If you need, you can use this thread: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17817.0.html
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom