few questions

Started by kokosatou, January 29, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

kokosatou

Just to be clear about a few things, are all the convention center renovations complete? If so, what will the new spaces be used for, like what kinds of events will be held there and such.

Also, how will this year's lines be planned? Concerned mainly because of the lack of organization and attention to the lines in 2013. There were so many people cutting lines and inviting people to cut lines. There was even a staff member who allowed someone to bring 2 other people to cut the lines because she was going out with one of them. Either fix the lines or fix the staff please. Bump up the quality of the staff.

echoshadow

As it seems construction is complete as a fellow member posted a video walk through a few weeks ago. The only part that was not open was the new ballroom.

I'm not staff but usually con staff does not tell the public about how/which way line control is going to be handled/placed. The same goes to which events go where.  You'll just have to wait and see how it goes like everyone else.

But since there is lots of room now available I'm sure the reg lines will be held in the convention. Unfortunately there will always be some short of line cutting when wait time is over 3 hours. People get restless after that long.

To my knowledge this years reg line should be an improvement from last year, so said the staff in charge of reg line feedback.  But we'll just have to wait and see.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Imperial

I can answer the first one, and help with the Idea of the second.

So most of the outer space (outside, near the library, etc,) will be used for gatherings or neutral space most likely. I don't have enough power to confirm that, but the space before the construction happened was used for cosplay gatherings, so odds are there.

on the second part, Lines are always a thing, but cutting is another. But I don't know exactly what