Remodel of the Convention center - PICS!

Started by egrrr, February 21, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

egrrr

Had to go down to the bay from Stockton on errands and decided to stop by the upgraded FANIME site, here are some pictures I took today at the convention center it shows the newly added rooms as well as the main entry.  I believe the areas are perfect for a lot of group photo opportunities.

http://s769.photobucket.com/user/eggieINbasket/library/FANIME%20RECON

BunofGovt

I love staircases for the larger groups (and even not so large groups) so you can get a better view of everyone.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

egrrr

There's three large room that got added, when i talked to one of the workers said that each room can hold up to 400 people.  Which they can remove some walls and combine two of those rooms to make a single room.  Also, there's added bathrooms to the top floor where there's alot of roaming around.  The seating was also added and it has an outlet and looks like ethernet cord outlets (didn't have a laptop with me so I wasn't able to see if there's internet or not).  Fountains are gone as people can see but now there's that large structure that has music coming out of it.  All in all, I am excited to see all the improvements and can't wait for fanime to begin.

kyunaHARU

awesome those are pretty good pics i saw someone post some a bit farther back but they were pretty crappy quality i actually really like the remodel though i miss that old school fountain in front of the con :(

egrrr

yeah it'll be missed but i think people will forget about 'em once they see how much space they got plus there's some new nooks and crannies that a lot of the areas can hold a lot of group pictures.

Hachimitsu

I know this is a long shot for asking this but.. has there been any information if they brought back the fountain?

I kinda like the fountain a lot but the garage owner told me it was supposed to be there temporary due to a malfunction to the pipeline?

Admiral Donuts

It's been completely replaced, I doubt it's coming back anytime soon.

abcbadcat

They went through all the trouble to make that sound sculpture as well as the water drought

We already have one water public fixture around the block anyways

Hachimitsu

Quote from: abcbadcat on March 18, 2014, 09:39:14 AM
They went through all the trouble to make that sound sculpture as well as the water drought

We already have one water public fixture around the block anyways

yeah I know v_v its just.. i liked that other one as well... having a grass field just... it just doesn't make any sense O_o!

Admiral Donuts

egrrr

I have no idea if the grass field is gone now.  These pics were taken about a month ago and I haven't been back to San Jose to take an update.  I'll definitely will try to go back once fanime has it's website up and see if there's an added change to the civic center.