What should I do?

Started by Emma Iveli, March 20, 2014, 10:26:19 AM

Emma Iveli

In my boredom today I decided to see if the Marriot had any rooms through it's site. As luck would have it... it did have room. However it much more expensive than if I had waited. While I did book it, I was wondering if I should cancel the room I booked through housing (which at the Doubletree) or wait to see if my spot in the wait list get me a close hotel...

I should also point out that my friend is paying, I was just in charage of booking...

phr34kish

Most people get moved off the waitlist in April when the cancellation deadline for FaniHousing approaches. It's up to you how much you want to spend, but I would at least till the cancellation deadline to see if you get off the waiting list. I'm not sure, but I think cancelling your room at the Doubletree might take you off the list (since they need you to have a reservation to get on the waitlist to begin with.)

If you're really concerned about the details, talk to the Fanime Housing group.

ewu

Quote from: Emma Iveli on March 20, 2014, 10:26:19 AM
In my boredom today I decided to see if the Marriot had any rooms through it's site. As luck would have it... it did have room. However it much more expensive than if I had waited. While I did book it, I was wondering if I should cancel the room I booked through housing (which at the Doubletree) or wait to see if my spot in the wait list get me a close hotel...

I should also point out that my friend is paying, I was just in charage of booking...

Take a look at the cancellation deadlines. Fanime's CMR cancellation deadline is 4/25. However, the reservation you are looking at (Marriott room) likely has a no charge, full refund cancellation deadline of 3-7 days before your check in date. You can book the Marriott room you saw and still stay on the CMR waitlist. If you get off the CMR waitlist and get a CMR room, you can cancel the Marriott room. Make sure that the Marriott room is not a prepay room which you would not be able to cancel. The CMR rooms tend to only charge your credit card at checkin. ALSO, the 4/25 CMR deadline is important because some tend to cancel their reservations, so the waitlist moves very quickly on that day.

Hope that helped.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Admiral Donuts

You should find out what the Marriot cancelation policy is, most hotels I know of only require a 24 hour notice with no charge, so it will likely cost you nothing to keep your Marriot booking while you wait for your waiting list hotel to come through.

Emma Iveli

I booked through Marritot, so it's fine...

Also I saw that the last day I can cancel is well... the day I'm supposed to be there... So It's fine.