Marriott Check Out/Extra Charges

Started by Riri, May 27, 2014, 02:19:40 AM

Riri

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else used the telephone method of checking out at the Marriott? I didn't have time to check out in line, so I just called via the Express Check Out button on the phone and stated my name and room number.  I'm not quite sure how to confirm whether or not the check out process went through properly.  Also, does anyone know what extra charges/holds the Marriott puts on your card (my credit card has a temporary hold higher than what was stated on our bill, so I'm just a bit worried).  Thank you in advance! I hope everyone enjoyed their Fanime weekend :)

Kyra_Maverick

All the hotels are going to have an extra deposit on hold along with your room charge. Usually around $50/night. Basically this is to help cover costs incase you wreck the place. Later during the week when your charge goes through that deposit will drop off and you will only be charged what was quoted on your bill.

ewu

Usually the early morning of checkout they should slip the bill under the door. That should be all the charges to the room.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Riri

Thank you for the replies! I worried for nothing :) The final charge on my CC reflected the bill slipped under my door completely.  I was scared momentarily when TWO holds were placed on my account, but thankfully they were cleared within a week.  I'll be staying at the Marriott again if possible! :D