Cosplay Backgrounds

Started by VincentTroyWilliams, October 15, 2023, 04:39:14 PM

VincentTroyWilliams

I would like to rent a room or space at Fanime in order to setup backdrops for cosplay photoshoots for anyone attending Fanime.

Is this possible? What form do I need to fill out? Or email address I need to contact?

I am planning on building a few PVC pipe racks to hang painted cloths on with a few cardboard attachments. I have different scenes in mind to display, either one at a time or all at once, depending on the size of the rented area.

The goal being to allow cosplayers to come and get their photo taken in different scenes, instead of in the tiny courtyard to the left of the convention entrance. I would not be providing any camera/video service. Just painted backdrops. The Cosplayers can take their own photos.

I would like to either rent one of rooms that panels are held in or space in the big tent.

If this is possible, what are the rules for charging money? If I can't charge money, am I allowed to ask for donations/tips?

My first thought would be to hold this as a "Panel": a limited time slot in one of the rooms. I did post in the Panel forum and was suggested to ask my question in this forum.

Thank you.