Naruto gathering 2006!!! Fanime Staff took my "Countdow

Started by Blue Impulse, May 30, 2005, 04:54:26 PM

fighter_for_hire

The_Merchant

What?  No Kabuto?!  This can't be!   :(   All of the basic sound nin get their orders from Kabuto and now there isn't one to guide them <sniff>
What Are Ya Buyin?

lying is an art form

$40 prereg?! =( so it won't go down to $25 and then slowly climb back up?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

fighter_for_hire

serajwl

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"$40 prereg?! =( so it won't go down to $25 and then slowly climb back up?

yeah. they're just gonna keep pre reg the same price the whole year until pre reg is over

Kiba

Ok..don't know if you guys still want more for your group, but I'm just posting this for a maybe. There's a chance me and my sisters will be cosplaying as Team 8, but if that doesn't work out, at least you'll have a very lonely Kiba left over. If not Kiba, then Gaara. One of those two. ^^'

However, I'm not sure 100% if I'll make it to the group or not cause last year my group didn't turn out so well...ya'll seem to know each other as it is, so I wouldn't want to just show up and be a castaway. ^^''' So anywho, I'll be reading this thread and even if I don't go to the photoshoot, I'll at least have fun seeing you all next year. :)
Not funny...:(

dosukinuta4

We can always use more people! And no one is a castaway. Even if their costume sucks.
Not that anyone's costume did suck or anything. XP
And my friend cosplays as Kiba. U two can do Juujin Bunshin :D (if thats how u spell it XP)
Open mouth  X(), insert bacon ~~~, yum X)

doorbell

nice, we always need more than one kiba! o-hohoho!...yeah, I'm bored.

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Kiba"Ok..don't know if you guys still want more for your group, but I'm just posting this for a maybe. There's a chance me and my sisters will be cosplaying as Team 8, but if that doesn't work out, at least you'll have a very lonely Kiba left over. If not Kiba, then Gaara. One of those two. ^^'

However, I'm not sure 100% if I'll make it to the group or not cause last year my group didn't turn out so well...ya'll seem to know each other as it is, so I wouldn't want to just show up and be a castaway. ^^''' So anywho, I'll be reading this thread and even if I don't go to the photoshoot, I'll at least have fun seeing you all next year. :)

This group is an ever-expanding, never-demanding, unrestricted gathering of limitless possibilties! Any time a full team is cosplayed by a group of friends/siblings/etc. is truly a show of love and support for Naruto as a cosplay genre, which is extremely awesome. Hell, any time anything is cosplayed is a show of love and support! Unless you hate the series but like the costume. That's a different story altogether.

AND. There's no such thing as a castaway. People may act extremely different online as compared to IRL (*cough*Like me*cough*), so it's never a set thing. Just show up at the gathering and have as much fun as humanly possible, and then some.

And next year, I promise I'll be more outgoing. Or else I'll kick myself.  :?
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

doorbell

I agree on the sibling/friends aspect. Me and my bro(host) went form the same team and it was way more fun I think, and having a "rival group member" be a friend who was also with us was ever MORE fun.

oh yeah! and who got their tickets already! huh? huh?

fighter_for_hire

me... i always have friends with me, its always fun. Ecspecially my friend who stalk bishonen but somehow gets to make out with them *coughs* not fair *coughs* but usually i go with my bro and little sister...

Kiba

It would be fun to have two Kiba's and do Juujin Bunshin ^^ ( I'm pretty sure that's how it's spelled...I'll check tonight :) ) and I really hope to come as the full team. Last year was so lonely being the only cosplayer out of my whole group.

I understand about what you mean RandomKris, about acting different when actually meeting than online, and that's why I'm kind of nervous about meeting up. I'm already extremely shy by myself, so it's not exactly the easiest thing to go up and talk to people I've never met before. But I'm supposing if it's a larger group it'll be easier? My group last year was rather small >.< so that may have been something to do with it.

But anywho, I'm sorry if this is completely random and off topic, but I'm just curious if anyone had any links to websites, or any tips themselves on creating and building some of the props seemingly all the ninjas wear, lol. You know the drill, shoes, pouch, etc. If you any any advice, thanks, if I'm being too off topic, then please ignore. ^^

dosukinuta4

Have you read this thread? Thats hardly off topic at all.
And i have some tips for making easy stuff, but others may have better ways.

For the shoes, just get a cheap pair of flip flops and put something over the top of them(like socks). Its really cheap and easy that way.
For the pouch, i dont know. We never made one for my friend.
For Kiba's jacket, it may be somewhat expensive, but o well, just try to get a sweatshirt that has a zipper down the middle, and buy some cheap fur to put on it.
For the pants, get a pair of long gray pants and cut them short.
For the kunai holster, get a black pouch thing(my friend already had a good one) and just put in on the pants with some medical tape.

And thats what we did for my friends Kiba costume. Have fun.

P.S. Hope thats not too much info for u. XP

Kiba

Too much info for me...? I'll just gloss over that comment...^^

Thanks for the tips, and just so you know, I'm not worried about spending way too much on something. I'm bad at handling money that way, so cheap isn't exactly my best friend. XP lol, but I'm searching around a few other sites I also like to go to, so I suppose if I do end up finding something else that could be useful, I'll post it up as well. :)

Wait, one more thing ( if I start getting annoying just bonk me and I'll shut up ^^''''  ) I was just curious is all...is this group going to do something for Der Cosplay. Last year, my group talked about it a LOT but we never did anything. Just wondering if anyone here was thinking the same thing ( read the part about Naruto chess though, lol )

serajwl

Quote from: "doorbell"I agree on the sibling/friends aspect. Me and my bro(host) went form the same team and it was way more fun I think, and having a "rival group member" be a friend who was also with us was ever MORE fun.

oh yeah! and who got their tickets already! huh? huh?

numba four biatch! you're gonna laugh when i tell you what my fan name is >.>

but yeah. it is fun to go with your friends. me being the rival group member. i also taking a sibling nexct year which will make it even more fun! i get to dress her up and stuff.

Blue Impulse

Quote from: "Drunken_Master"any room for another rock lee? ^_^

i vow to construct my Pocky Weights (R) Mk. II by next year's con, or else I will run 300 laps around the convention center! On my arms!

Uosu.

And my God, did you people not see the two Gai-sensei's that I hung out with? The one playing DDR with Kakashi, and the other one singing songs in the dealer's room about his enourmous p3n1s? if you people want proof, just ask.

P.S. if anyone knows how to make/get a sake bottle just like the one from the show, that would be awesome. although I liked my Sobe-> Sake bottle gimmick, it's not as recognizable as an actual sake bottle.

Funny thing from last year- some random person in the dealer's room walked up to me and offered to sell me a kunai leg holster and a shuriken pouch for 20 bucks. considering i was looking all over for those, of course i said yes. now if only someone would randomly come up and sell me a chuunin jacket...

wow, the PS ended up longer than the actual post. :p
I own a sake bottle and cups :O

also... GRATS TO ME!! I AM THE FIRST REGISTERED MEMBER FOR FANIME 06!!! THATS RIGHT! #1 MEMBER!
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

doorbell

serajwl

um... yeah like i said. numba four ^_^

but yeah. i'll probably just go as Ino again next year. it would be alot easier for me and i still like the costume

doorbell

I think I"d also like to go as hikari from kono mini - and have jilli go as akari - or maybe lucy from elfen lied.

edit- woah! the people I'm talking about ar eon my icon, lol

dosukinuta4

What i'd really like to go as is something from Morrowind. Maybe a full suit of Daedric armor or an Ordinator. But of course that would be extremely hard and time-consuming. So ill probably just go as Dosu again. Id go as both anyway, and spend some time wearing each costume, but i may not be able to make the Morrowind armor.