Naruto gathering 2006!!! Fanime Staff took my "Countdow

Started by Blue Impulse, May 30, 2005, 04:54:26 PM

KindaRandomKris

Oh man, you know what I just thought about that would be so awesome?

Human Chess. With Naruto cosplayers.
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

lying is an art form

real-life Wizard's chess with a Naruto theme? Ah... I can see it now.

Naruto Cosplayer: "KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!" at the opposite end of the board... 8 queens to annihilate all =D

Oh yeah, let's go with the NARUBIs thing. And let's wear these printout stickers to identify ourselves, OK? I'll get to designing them in about 355 days (It's 356 days to the con!)
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"real-life Wizard's chess with a Naruto theme? Ah... I can see it now.

Naruto Cosplayer: "KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!" at the opposite end of the board... 8 queens to annihilate all =D

Oh yeah, let's go with the NARUBIs thing. And let's wear these printout stickers to identify ourselves, OK? I'll get to designing them in about 355 days (It's 356 days to the con!)

XDD That would be so awesome. I wonder if we could somehow pull that off... That'd be one huge chessboard, though.

Whoo. Narubi stickers! I'd probably end up sticking it on my forehead, just to be stupid.  :D
-

lying is an art form

NAIRUBI Sticker Designs:

Now accepting designs so I can call them my own =P

JUST KIDDING, how about we start pitching in ideas for the stickers? It'd be nice to identify Nairubis from new Naruto fans...

OH! How about all new Naruto fans (i.e. those who only found out about it from Cartoon Network) who are cosplaying be forced to wear only the Halloween costume versions of their characters?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"OH! How about all new Naruto fans (i.e. those who only found out about it from Cartoon Network) who are cosplaying be forced to wear only the Halloween costume versions of their characters?

I don't think they'd know what conventions were.  :lol: Silly sheltered fans with their Yuugioh and Dragonball Z.

But, eh. They'd probably wear some crappy thrown-together thing and think they're so special for wearing a costume of their favorite character.
"ZOMG I'M SAS-OOH-KAY! ME SO SPECIAL WITH BLUE TEESHIRT AND WHITE SHORTS."

BTW: Did you hear, they changed Hokage to 'Head Ninja'? I was all 'wtf' when I found out. (And how are they going to deal with some of the more... flamboyant... characters?? Or all the Oiroke-no-jutsu and pervert-ninja action?)
-

lying is an art form

HEAD NINJA?!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

OH! There's an idea!

All NAIRUBI are forced to wear stickers which say "Hokage Followers"

and all new Naruto fans wear stickers which say "Head Ninja Followers"

"LOOK AT ME! IM SA-SOO-KAY!" hahaha

How about "SA-SOOK"? That one gets on my nerves alot too

and *shivers* the american version of saying "Sakura"

First "Gary of the Desert"

then "Head Ninja"

what's next? Deleting all the episodes with Jiraiya in it just because he's too perverted? Or changing Orochimaru's name to something else?

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"HEAD NINJA?!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

OH! There's an idea!

All NAIRUBI are forced to wear stickers which say "Hokage Followers"

and all new Naruto fans wear stickers which say "Head Ninja Followers"

"LOOK AT ME! IM SA-SOO-KAY!" hahaha

How about "SA-SOOK"? That one gets on my nerves alot too

and *shivers* the american version of saying "Sakura"

First "Gary of the Desert"

then "Head Ninja"

what's next? Deleting all the episodes with Jiraiya in it just because he's too perverted? Or changing Orochimaru's name to something else?

Sa-sook wouldn't fit the mouth-movement thingies. Either they'll change it to Sas-ooh-kay or give him a new name.

Gawd. Sakura's going to become like Cardcaptor Sakura - Suh-kua-ruh.

And dude. Orochimaru? (*cough*MichaelJackson*cough*) They'd probably be stupid enough to do that.

And zomg. How to explain Gaara's bloodthirstiness?

Didn't the first 60 episodes contain the Zabuza-Haku arc? What about when Haku sacrifices himself (or herself, as it will most likely be)? Blood like woah. And also, the animal abuse, the torture and killing of that Inari kid's 'dad', the mom's threat to bite off her own tongue, blahblahblah.

Underneath all the crack, Naruto's still pretty violent. I not-quite-so-eagerly anticipate how the dubbers will deal with it.
-

lying is an art form

Orochimaru = Mikomaru XD

The first like 25 episodes was the intro and Zabuza arc, I wonder how they'll do the whole thing as well. Oh yeah, Haku's officially a girl. No Kamatari like they did for the Kenshin stuff (Well, I didn't really see the episode where they fought but I know in the manga they showed that she was a he)

Gaara will be thirsty for energy (I'll be surprised if they call it Chakra). Bam. There's a "nonviolent solution" =P

I'll miss the "SASUKE-KUN!" and all the stuff like that. Say hello to "SA-SOO-KAY!"

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Orochimaru = Mikomaru XD

The first like 25 episodes was the intro and Zabuza arc, I wonder how they'll do the whole thing as well. Oh yeah, Haku's officially a girl. No Kamatari like they did for the Kenshin stuff (Well, I didn't really see the episode where they fought but I know in the manga they showed that she was a he)

Gaara will be thirsty for energy (I'll be surprised if they call it Chakra). Bam. There's a "nonviolent solution" =P

I'll miss the "SASUKE-KUN!" and all the stuff like that. Say hello to "SA-SOO-KAY!"

Welllll. Rurouni Kenshin did get moved to Adult Swim, where more 'gay' stuff is allowed (like Inuyasha. But man, they gave Jakotsu a woman's voice but still called him a him.). Maybe the dubbers will give up on the idea of Naruto being on Cartoon Network and move it to Adult Swim. We can only hope.

Chakra = Spirit Energy. Like woah.

Oh man. I wish the dubbers would pick better people for the voices - ones that actually fit the original profile. I still wince whenever I hear the voices for Yuu Yuu Hakusho or One Piece. Whenever I hear Botan or Zoro (Zolo! Ack!), I want to just throttle myself. (My mom hates anime in general because of the poor dubbing - esp. in the case of females)

But wow. So off-topic. I'm going to go fabric hunting as soon as school is over (which is next Thursday yay), and start sewing over the summer.

Do you think time-jump Gaara's pants are black or beige? I've seen two different fan-colorings, with differently colored pants. Me confused.
-

lying is an art form

Well, it's up to Kishimoto Masashi-san's will. Or the animators. Or mine. Or yours. Haha, I don't know, probably black?

PLEASE don't make Naruto sound like Luffy

and PLEASE don't make Sasuke too overdramatic like Yugi or have too dumb of a voice like Yugi's

and PLEASE don't kill Sakura's voice

oh and I dread the day that they bring Prince of Tennis to the US...

Oh! Since this is a Naruto gathering thing, I'd like your opinions on a my Itachi cosplay for next year.

How should I slash my headband? I have one of those metal Konoha ones, how should I self-slash it? And if I were to sow my own cloak (if I can't get the money to buy one), how should it be? Haha, and any other suggestions? I don't know if I want to buy the Sharingan contacts too...

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Well, it's up to Kishimoto Masashi-san's will. Or the animators. Or mine. Or yours. Haha, I don't know, probably black?

PLEASE don't make Naruto sound like Luffy

and PLEASE don't make Sasuke too overdramatic like Yugi or have too dumb of a voice like Yugi's

and PLEASE don't kill Sakura's voice

oh and I dread the day that they bring Prince of Tennis to the US...

Oh! Since this is a Naruto gathering thing, I'd like your opinions on a my Itachi cosplay for next year.

How should I slash my headband? I have one of those metal Konoha ones, how should I self-slash it? And if I were to sow my own cloak (if I can't get the money to buy one), how should it be? Haha, and any other suggestions? I don't know if I want to buy the Sharingan contacts too...

o_O NOOOO!!! I hope PoT doesn't become as famous over here as Naruto. I want my crack left alone. Besides, PoT has characters that scream random english words (Taka-san, Momoshiro, etc.), and it wouldn't be as funny if it's translated ("BURNING HOT-O!! SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT BABY!!").

I saw a couple people last year that used a sharpie or a dry-erase marker to just make a line across the headband. It looked okay, and is definitely easier than carving into the metal. Besides, what if you want to cosplay some other Konoha ninja?

The cloak, you could probably find a pattern for that and then just add on the collar. I'm going to need a pattern for stupid Fuun's clothes, too; maybe if I go early enough in the summer, I can take a look and tell you if I find anything for Itachi.
Sharingan contacts would be awesome if you're willing to shell out the cash. But I don't think it's really too big a deal.
-

lying is an art form

KindaRandomKris

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"mm? wait, go where in the summer?

Whoops, sorry.
Go fabric shopping.

Whooo I just found the pattern I'm gonna use for Gaara's coat thingy!
-

lying is an art form

oh cool! haha we're like so using this just for discussion on naruto... wait this is supposed to be used like this. or maybe not. but whatever, nobody else is replying with other stuff, right? haha.

Blue Impulse

Orochimaru will be a girl because he loves little boys.
Kimimaru will be a girl
Haku will be a girl
They will remove all blood
they will change ANY homosexuallity to straightness some how
they will remove all cracks about tsunades huge tits
they will cute out all brutality leaving the show with no plot, becuase if no one is murdered, there is no reason to fight, so basically they'll just be running around fighting for no reason. F*** TOONAMI.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

serajwl

they could of at least put it on adult swim. then they would have kept some of that. but NOOOOOOO they had to put it on TOONAMI.

i say we make a naruto gathering... right in front of the cartoon network studios

(i edited ll the typos >.>)

lying is an art form

Yes! Let's! And while we're at it, also have one in front of Viz Media!

hellangel

i'd just like to first apologize to everyone for being a bit late for the meet-up! apparently there was quite a mix up of time/location since many of us were unable to locate the group for some time, but we eventually did migrate back to the destination. anyway, even though i'm not supposed to go to fanime next year, i reveal to you now...

THE LIST FOR FANIME 2006!!!!

(yes, i know this is suicide. but if i dont start this now, some poor person is going to have to go through 50 pages to compile a list later. and i know how horrible that feels 0.0)

I'm sorry if I missed anyone!!! ;__;

~~~last updated June 5, 2005~~~

Day: undecided
Time: undecided

Hinata: digimel11
Itachi: sadistic-otaku, ThndrMge, Itachi no Jutsu
Kisame: Blue Impulse, Itachi no Jutsu's friend
Rock Lee: Rikun
Sasuke: hellangel's brother (chibi version, if hellangel goes)

Basic Sound: The_Merchant
Bondage Ninja: fighter_for_hire

hellangel is choosing between Akatsuki Itachi, Orochimaru, and Gaara (if she attends)
jess3zor might be Kiba
KindaRandomKris is choosing between Gaara, and Fuun/Yukie, Inner Sakura
serajwel is choosing between Konohamaru and Temari
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

jess3zor

we sure hope you can attend, we were looken for you during the gathering.  We even made an announcment!  :roll:
Dont forget your fanny-pack.
My pouch can only hold so much.

jess3zor

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"Orochimaru will be a girl because he loves little boys.
Kimimaru will be a girl
Haku will be a girl
They will remove all blood
they will change ANY homosexuallity to straightness some how
they will remove all cracks about tsunades huge tits
they will cute out all brutality leaving the show with no plot, becuase if no one is murdered, there is no reason to fight, so basically they'll just be running around fighting for no reason. F*** TOONAMI.

I dont think Toonami will cut out all the deaths, just the actual scenes where the character dies lol.  But i mean in DBZ every character died at least 50 times so.....yeah, the plot wont be ruined just the uhhh intresting parts <.<
Dont forget your fanny-pack.
My pouch can only hold so much.