Marvel Vs Capcon 2

Started by hojo, January 04, 2006, 08:12:14 AM

hojo

I am also thinking of bringing Marvel vs Capcon 2, I have to warn some of you, I am an expert with Dan the man.

Knightfire

Do you have MvC 1 by anychance?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

hojo

Knightfire

Oh, do get it if you can. That way people can play both

otakuapprentice

i dont want to get flamed by all the MvC2 players, but i think we need to give the game a rest. just a suggestion........
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Knightfire

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"i dont want to get flamed by all the MvC2 players, but i think we need to give the game a rest. just a suggestion........

Your opinion, So I'm cool with it.

hojo

But what else can they play ... Ohh Mobile suit gundam

Shinsengumi

I have Marvel vs. Capcom 1 for the PS1, but I'm down for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 but I haven't played it in 4 years.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

DJ Saturn

I've got a huge load of fighting games for Dreamcast including MvC1 and MvC 2 along with Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Capcom vs. SNK 1 and 2, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Project Justice: Rival Schools 2, Garou, Mark of the Wolves and a few other great ones... How about I bring what I have, everyone else who's interested bring what the have and we just have a big fighting game get together in my hotel room?
Fly so High...

I'm gonna touch the sky..

hojo

Sounds great, ohh if any one has Game Super Robot Wars Alpha, bring it.

DJ Saturn

What's it for? I have a friend who no doubt has it. I've played the SRW series. Good stuff.  :D
Fly so High...

hojo

Tsubasa

Quote from: "DJ Saturn"Project Justice: Rival Schools 2
I can never find decent players for this or Psychic Force 2012 (which I own).  If anyone else can play, that'd be great.

And, just being nit-picky, but Justice Gakuen for DC is the third game in the series.  The first two were for PSX.  The second was never released in the US, but was little more than rehash of the first with two new characters (Ran & Nagare) and a ADV character creation mode (which is arguably plenty of reason to play it).
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "DJ Saturn"Project Justice: Rival Schools 2
I can never find decent players for this or Psychic Force 2012 (which I own).  If anyone else can play, that'd be great.

And, just being nit-picky, but Justice Gakuen for DC is the third game in the series.  The first two were for PSX.  The second was never released in the US, but was little more than rehash of the first with two new characters (Ran & Nagare) and a ADV character creation mode (which is arguably plenty of reason to play it).

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks Ran is the sister of Dan of Street Fighter Fame. XD
Fly so High...

Tsubasa

Quote from: "DJ Saturn"I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks Ran is the sister of Dan of Street Fighter Fame. XD
You're not.  That's actually a relatively popular fan theory.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

DJ Saturn

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "DJ Saturn"I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks Ran is the sister of Dan of Street Fighter Fame. XD
You're not.  That's actually a relatively popular fan theory.

That's good to know... I actually don't know many people that know what Rival Schools is so I'd have no idea what people think. Most people around where I live don't even know what Darkstalkers is...
Fly so High...

Ayanami Rei First Child

I think Marvel VS Capcom 2 might be nice mostly because it's one people know a lot.

Although I DO love to play that game....I would be open to Rival Schools and stuff....but it'd be harder for tourney play since too many people either haven't played it in several years....or at all. This would give the professionals a lot of advantage and I think that if this was so, there should be some time where you teach us novies/ex players how to play. ^^;

Aznmnky

Not to sound arrogant, but me and couple of my friends are pros at MvC2 and judging by last year's competition, it was mediocre. We ended up playing each other most of the time. However, during our stay, a lot of people were willing to play us, despite getting owned, and by that, it shows us they are willing to learn and we would be willing to teach if anyone is interested. Also we can get some casuals going.

I also got an arcade stick for PS2/Xbox with Dreamcast converter just to get things started. Bring it on! Team Row (Mag/Cable/Sent-A) for LIFE!

YoureMyHiro

Haha, Dave and his crazy MvC2 skills. He'll triangle jump you to death.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Hey if you're talking about fighting games for Fanime...don't forget my Pocket Fighter AKA Super Gem Fighter!! Super Deformed Japanese Cute style fighting game with Anime Art style!! Granted it was for PS1...buuut there's still a lot of fun to be had ^_^