FanimeCon 2019 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime  (Read 22154 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 364
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »

http://www.bawls.com/locator/store.php

enjoy =)

Some 7-11's are carrying this as well. If you want, I'll bring a few bottles to the next meeting lol...
Logged
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki


FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Nina Star 9

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Posts: 2087
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2006, 04:54:04 PM »

if you guys can somehow pull this off, maybe have non-caffinated ones, too, for those of us that get headaches and stuff from caffiene~~

just a thought.

but this realy does nto seem plausible, unless like, someone just brings a cooler full of drinks and sits in the halls and hands them out. but acutally setting up a shop and selling them would most likely not happen.
Logged

Spiritsnare

  • More than 2718 posts
  • Posts: 4206
  • ahwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww do it
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2006, 04:55:29 PM »

Logged
epic progressive

vox

Nina Star 9

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Posts: 2087
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »

nice. :3 i like that.
Logged

Blues

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 143
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

don't quote me on this, but I believe that's legal so long as you don't cut a profit.
Logged


"Do a flip!"

KindaRandomKris

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 228
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2006, 07:17:39 PM »

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Just out of curiosity and out of context, Kris, do you live in that area?


Yup.
I live about .. uh, maybe 2 minutes away from that Savemart.
Logged
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

Spiritsnare

  • More than 2718 posts
  • Posts: 4206
  • ahwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww do it
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2006, 07:59:30 PM »

<offtopic>

So how many Fanime people live in the Evergreen area? >w<

I'm tempted to set up a mini-mini gathering, like at Coffee Lover's or Sweetea. Too bad Nickel City's moved. :P
Logged
epic progressive

vox

KindaRandomKris

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 228
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2006, 08:19:24 PM »

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
<offtopic>

So how many Fanime people live in the Evergreen area? >w<

I'm tempted to set up a mini-mini gathering, like at Coffee Lover's or Sweetea. Too bad Nickel City's moved. :P


<offtopic liek woah>
There's always the movies!
I still haven't gotten to watch Brokeback Mountain, Memoirs of a Geisha, Narnia... hell, I haven't been to the movies since Fantastic Four ._.
Logged
Proud SJSU Spartan - because hell is warmer than San Luis Obispo.
-
I take random people's AIM sn's and put them on my buddylist.
And then I never talk to them and forget who they are.

serajwl

  • Prince of Post
  • Posts: 669
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:59 PM »

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
but this realy does nto seem plausible, unless like, someone just brings a cooler full of drinks and sits in the halls and hands them out. but acutally setting up a shop and selling them would most likely not happen.


thanks for your optimism guys  :?

but that guy is awsome XD
Logged

Absolute0

  • Inu-Posta
  • Posts: 243
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2006, 08:22:47 PM »

You know what else we could do? PUT TRACKERS on every person who takes a bottle, and then hunt them down and demand payment.
Logged

PassingTheBuck

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 312
    • View Profile
Your Ideas...
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 10:02:03 AM »

Okay, I’ve been reading the thread and here’s what I’m taking away from it.

You want a bar set up that sells Brawls, Red Bull, etc., and possibly, you are looking for an oxygen bar too.

Don’t even think about selling your our supply of ‘anything’ inside the hotels or the convention center, because you can’t, even if you lose money on the deal.  There will be additional security walking the floor space and looking for violators.

Marriott last year had a Red Bull concession stand set up and it work out for them very well, in fact so well, that they ran out of the stuff on Saturday and had their vendor bring in more on Sunday morning.

If we can’t get a sponsor, maybe the hotels can set up, again, this year Red Bull stands and we might ask them to get Brawls too.

As for opening a room specify for drinks or a café arrangement, that would require space and that’s what we are lacking, because every spare inch is being used, even all the hotel areas.  

I am will to investigate with the SJCCF to have them supply energy drinks at their concession stands, but an oxygen bar will be tougher, especially since I don’t know of any that would be willing to set up in the convention center.  There would be the question of  the health code, but if anyone knows of a business that is willing to discuss with us that side of it, please have them contact me on this thread.

Craige…
Logged
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
 2003-2016

serajwl

  • Prince of Post
  • Posts: 669
    • View Profile
Re: Your Ideas...
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 04:08:35 PM »

Quote from: "PassingTheBuck"
Okay, I’ve been reading the thread and here’s what I’m taking away from it.

You want a bar set up that sells Brawls, Red Bull, etc., and possibly, you are looking for an oxygen bar too.

Don’t even think about selling your our supply of ‘anything’ inside the hotels or the convention center, because you can’t, even if you lose money on the deal.  There will be additional security walking the floor space and looking for violators.

Marriott last year had a Red Bull concession stand set up and it work out for them very well, in fact so well, that they ran out of the stuff on Saturday and had their vendor bring in more on Sunday morning.

If we can’t get a sponsor, maybe the hotels can set up, again, this year Red Bull stands and we might ask them to get Brawls too.

As for opening a room specify for drinks or a café arrangement, that would require space and that’s what we are lacking, because every spare inch is being used, even all the hotel areas.  

I am will to investigate with the SJCCF to have them supply energy drinks at their concession stands, but an oxygen bar will be tougher, especially since I don’t know of any that would be willing to set up in the convention center.  There would be the question of  the health code, but if anyone knows of a business that is willing to discuss with us that side of it, please have them contact me on this thread.

Craige…


First of all, it's "Bawls" not "Brawls". That was just kind of bugging me so I thought I'd point that out.

Next up, oxygen bar rental companies have special deals for special events such as conventions and trade shows.

Example: http://www.oxygenbarrentals.com/Tradeshows.html

I am aware that it is not easy to get some sort of bar or cafe setting, but at the beginning I was thinking more of a booth type of thing to sell the drinks at.

You have presented some good ideas though. Like getting the hotel to do the selling of the drinks and such.

I think that this will make a good project for next years' fanime.
Logged

PassingTheBuck

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 312
    • View Profile
Re: Your Ideas...
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 04:59:02 PM »

Quote from: "serajwl"
[First of all, it's "Bawls" not "Brawls". That was just kind of bugging me so I thought I'd point that out.

Next up, oxygen bar rental companies have special deals for special events such as conventions and trade shows.

Example: http://www.oxygenbarrentals.com/Tradeshows.html

I am aware that it is not easy to get some sort of bar or cafe setting, but at the beginning I was thinking more of a booth type of thing to sell the drinks at.

You have presented some good ideas though. Like getting the hotel to do the selling of the drinks and such.

I think that this will make a good project for next years' fanime.


Is it possible that Bawls will lead to Brawls?  Okay, correction noted.

Thanks for the link... OMG, they want $2k for five hours rental time!  We would need a sponsor for those types of pricing.

Booths in the convention center will cost a fee from Center Plate (the owner of the rights for B&F inside the convention center) for selling food and beverage inside their facility.  CP will also want a cut of the profits and they would charge the vendor (if that's us) for the electrical drops they require for their cash register.

I think its better to have the hotels bring in the stuff and be done with it.  I'll talk to them about getting cash carts for the beverages and maybe signs indicating where the cash carts are located.

Craige...
Logged
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
 2003-2016

britedarkness

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »

Sometimes, you can also buy Bawls at a FoodMax.  And you can always get the 12 packs in a box at CompUSA.  I do not suggest getting thinkgeek to ship some to your home though... Shipping can really kick you in the bawls.
Logged

Absolute0

  • Inu-Posta
  • Posts: 243
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 06:53:01 PM »

Quote from: "britedarkness"
Sometimes, you can also buy Bawls at a FoodMax.  And you can always get the 12 packs in a box at CompUSA.  I do not suggest getting thinkgeek to ship some to your home though... Shipping can really kick you in the bawls.


Huh. That's interesting... I don't think I've ever seen Bawls at the FoodMaxx in my area. Maybe I've just missed it or something.
Logged

britedarkness

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 91
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2006, 02:59:16 AM »

I've never seen it either.  That's just what I've been told.  Whatever though... I'll either go to CompUSA on my way to Fanime, or I'll find the 2 closest 7-11s to Fanime and go during the weekend.
Logged

misfits_cure

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 60
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »

i think this is a great idea. hella people will be running around like crazy, but thats all good :) oh and bawls for sure ^^
Logged
:3

misfits_cure

  • Maria-sama ga Post
  • Posts: 60
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2006, 01:47:47 PM »

they sell bawls at Beverages and More too
Logged
:3

Ruby

  • Inu-Posta
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
  • Rawr is I love you in Dinosaur! Or IMMA EAT CHUU!
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 01:50:05 AM »

Bawls FTW!
Logged
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

otakuya

  • Post in the Shell: SAC
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2427
    • View Profile
Energy Drink "Bar" at Fanime
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »

I'd like my energy drinks sugar free.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
 

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.