Do you guys rewatch anime after years?

Started by Tsukai Mori, January 30, 2006, 09:05:13 PM

Do you rewatch anime after periods of extended time?

Yes, I think I've done this many a times.
33 (100%)
Nah, when I finish an anime I'm through with it.
0 (0%)
I've seen better candidates for priceless. Like a Len plushie doll, priceless.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: January 30, 2006, 09:05:13 PM

Tsukai Mori

I tend to do this and it has become a trend of immeasurable worth. In other words, priceless. Recently, I bought Shingetsutan Tsukihime, an anime I've watched at the mere age of, cough, 11. Since it has been 4 years (I'm turning 16 so don't jump too much), I decided to revisit the story and to my surprise, I remember absolutely nothing. In fact, I don't even remember if I finished the anime. Essentially, this means that the anime is completely new to me now. Anyone else do this? How about listing some anime?

- On a side note, I still feel the gothic fear and sensation produced by this masterpiece (in my opinion). I wonder if I could handle Elfen Lied?

-Edit
Wait a minute, what is the rating on Elfen Lied? Now that I think about it, is Tsukihime even appropriate for an 11 year old?

Jyunishinsho

Yup. I've watched Saber Marionette J before, now I'm back onto it.

Eri

Most definitely... I think the times I've watched Midori no Hibi (Midori Days) can be counted on two hands.. Maybe I need a foot, but I don't quite remember ^^;;
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

RyuHayabusa

I'v watched Rozen Maiden again just to prepare myself for the 2nd season. and Eva,  I've rewatched like 4 times already and it never gets old. :D I should rewatch Utena one of these days as well. :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KimaLucifer

*stares at her copies of "Blue Blink", "Akuma-kun", "Bushbaby"*

Yup. I look back at them
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Blues

I've seen Otaku no Video several times, though I don't know if that counts, being a movie...

I've seen Eva about 3 or 4 times over, I've rewatched the first season of DiGi Charat a couple times, along with Read or Die, and I've lost count of the number of times I've seen FLCL...

I usually wait until a year or so after I've seen it, and have forgotten all the little details about the plot and such, so it's interesting all over again.  There are some exceptions, though, like Otaku no Video and FLCL, where I just stare in awe the whole time and can't wait to watch it again.

"Do a flip!"

Tsubasa

I rewatch stuff periodically.  Just whenever I feel like it.  Whether because it's been too long and I've forgotten the story or just because it's so awesome it demands a rewatching.  For example, I've seen Azumanga a few times, Nadesico at least a couple, Happy Lesson TV three to four times immediately in succession, Nanoha A's twice in a row, etc.

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Recently, I bought Shingetsutan Tsukihime, an anime I've watched at the mere age of, cough, 11. Since it has been 4 years...
Man, has it been 4 years already?  I feel old. ^^;

Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Yup. I've watched Saber Marionette J before, now I'm back onto it.
Coincidentally, I also acquired Saber Marionette J about a year ago on DVD and rewatched it.  It's a beautiful series.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jyunishinsho

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Jyunishinsho"Yup. I've watched Saber Marionette J before, now I'm back onto it.
Coincidentally, I also acquired Saber Marionette J about a year ago on DVD and rewatched it.  It's a beautiful series.

I can never disagree with that statement. I consider it the best old-school drawn anime I ever seen, and I still do.

Sunara Ishi

I also watch things periodically over the years whenever I feel like. I normally don't forget a story so yeah... I don't rewatch things often because of that but I do rewatch after awhile. Unless I hated the series...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

YoureMyHiro

Sometimes I just rewatch anime after a few weeks just to because I loved it so much, the anticipation of certain parts and to see if I missed anything previously.

AbsolutelyCursed

Right now I'm watching Eva for the 3rd time. Also have watched Nadesico and FLCL multiple times. Probably will watch Fullmetal Alchemist again in the future.

MeliCat

I watch older series all the time. I love Nadeshiko, Fushigi Yuugi and Trigun. : 3

Shinsengumi

I do watch all anime series that I have, only on the good parts like Rurouni Kenshin and also Peacemake Kurogane, Nadiesco, Samurai Troopers, Saint Seiya, Space Battleship Yamato, and Robotech.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

ININ

Evangelion three times, Fushigi Yuugi two times, Cowboy Bebop two times, Ranma 1/2 a lot during my early years in anime.

Also I pick my favorite episodes to watch.  For example, Cowboy Bebop episode two with Ein, Spike vs. Vicious in the church, episode with the flower and the blind lady needing an operation, and Spike vs. Andy ^_^

Mordyan

Yeah anime is definitely worth re-watching. I tend to pick-up on stuff I missed the first time. Plus I like to watch it in both english dub and Japanese subtitled. Some times I want to read.... sometimes I don't.  :D

I have seen most of the titles on my shelf at least twice. Though there are a few that i am due to re-watch.  :lol:

Jyunishinsho

It is a pretty good feeling to take an old anime off a shelf and rewatch it after a while. Suddenly, you might get right back into it.

Bata-kun

Quote from: "Tsukai Mori"Wait a minute, what is the rating on Elfen Lied? Now that I think about it, is Tsukihime even appropriate for an 11 year old?

For us, it's 16+?  The same goes for "Tsukihime".  If by appropriate, you mean you'll be able to understand it, I doubt it.

Oh and to answer the poll's question, I'll hardly rewatch an anime.  If I do, most, if not, all of the time, I'll rewatch it just it's a movie and there's a dub.  Otherwise, I hardly rewatch anime because I don't have time to do that anymore.  I don't even reread manga.  I was about to reread "Love Hina" and I started collecting "LH's" tankoubon, but guess what?  You can't get the side novels by Hazuki Kurou-san anymore as far as I know.  "Zero" and "Mugendai" are not easy to find either.

Tony

I've done this a few times with some series. Off the top of my head, I've watched the end of Evangelion (and the movies) a few times and Patlabor 2 about half a dozen times.

Some anime are crafted to an extent that rewatching them is critical; others are disposable.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Kazuko

hells yes I do :3!!
Sailor moon, card captor sakura, and ranma 1/2 >D <3

Ambrosia

*Dangles from a rafter and waves to anyone who remembers him* Hmmm Ai Yori Aoshi I watch it every now and then when I need multiple girl on poor misused beaten up guy action....*sniff* and a good cry :(  ^_^
You want pictures ? HA! blackmail!
Current pictures: Jyun, Kaz, Ryu

Logistics to da max! '05, '06, '07

Fizzball..ask me about it ^_^

Ish glompabla though. =^_^=

I'm dense and don't notice my private messages >.<