What anime disappointed you the most?

Started by Darryl Mendoza, February 12, 2006, 12:37:07 PM

PixieCat

I have to agree with whoever said Fruits Basket. If it has followed the manga, I may have been in love with it for the rest of my life. But the ending was bad, and they put it out of order.

My other disappointment was Paradise Kiss. I rarely love a shojo manga, but this one was special for me. The manga had its humorous moments, but the anime took those and butchered them with bad animation. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand the animation style in it. I had waited so long for the anime too...
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

syn_xicro

OMFG i was so dissapoined in the ending for

Berserk & Gantz the most out of all the anime i have ever seen, and if u read the mangas or know of them u too would be dissapoined too. when i saw the last episode of gantz i was like !?!?!?! WTF does that even mean, it was so confusing! And don't even get me started on Berserk, but the Berserk video game for gamecube was a cool (if u like to think of it that way) kind of contuinuation of what was to follow what happen after the last episode of Berserk (i played the game before watching the anime so i was confused at why Caska (or was it Casket oh well) acted the way she did on the game (poor Caska).
If I were never born I would have never known the love and joys of this world. One day I will lose it all forever, because of this I fear and hate this world.

syn_xicro

in the last post i said (the berserk game for gamecube) when i meant the Berserk game for Dreamcast sorry i just wanted to clear that up.
If I were never born I would have never known the love and joys of this world. One day I will lose it all forever, because of this I fear and hate this world.

Moris_Dream

I think the anime series that I was looking forward to but disappointed me was I, My, Me Strawberry Eggs....

It ended with a cliffhanger.....he left and didn't come back when Fuko was running for him!!!!! o_O It was sad and upsetting....I mean, I like it and all, but they should have had more to go on...maybe an extra eppy or two to show if he did come back or not....it sucks!!!!! :evil:

OniCourseMusha

OMG! Final Fantasy Unlimited was helluv disappointed for me! Character design was too weird. Didn't like the setting and story line, feels too much like Alice and Wonderland but worst.

Summons and music is good though.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Sunara Ishi

His and Her Circumstances... It didn't live up to the manga. T.T
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"His and Her Circumstances... It didn't live up to the manga. T.T
Agreed. And this is coming from someone who is manga-impaired. (I need colors and music and movement, y'know?)

I have to say, Onegai Twins was really a disappointment after how good Onegai Teacher was... so much fanservice, and all the returning characters from the first series were made so depthless, emotionally flat and dull as hell. Plus Karen was really annoying.

Also, Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ was disappointing. I thought, with a title like that, it would surely be worthwhile, but the plot was really bad, the characters were not interesting, and the animation was quite subpar. Plus the last 10 seconds of the show were a complete cop-out from their whole shpiel about choosing one or the other.

Heartbreak_despair

Moon phase... i mean c'mon an anime based off a good fighter based off a ridicoulous h-game!!! That's almost the recipie for win..but nay it was the contrary w/ terrible animation skips as well as animation fluxuation w/ a plot hole ridden story...ack!!!
stuck between tomarrow land, the old timey "one big wheel in the front bicycle", and the cellular phone...

mDuo13

Quote from: "Heartbreak_despair"Moon phase... i mean c'mon an anime based off a good fighter based off a ridicoulous h-game!!! That's almost the recipie for win..but nay it was the contrary w/ terrible animation skips as well as animation fluxuation w/ a plot hole ridden story...ack!!!
Sounds to me like you have Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ and Shingetsutan Tsukihime mixed up.

Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~: Based on the manga of the same name; 25 episodes. Disappointing features include: chronically static animation for the action scenes. Not sure how the storyline stacks up to the manga since I've only read one volume.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime: Based on the TYPE-MOON game "Tsukihime", which also had a fan-made spin-off fighting game "Melty Blood" (not used in the anime); 12 episodes. Disappointing features include: very short length, many changes compared to the game, including omission of some characters and severe "neutering" of others. Arguably a worthwhile series if you don't compare it to the game, or the manga which came after it.

YourAngel101

Yucie? I think its spelled Yucie...or maybe Yuci...anyways, the ending to that SUCKED! It was such a happy/cutsie anime and then at the end it was all DEATH RAWRRR...yeahh...