anime crossovers? wish they existed?

Started by narutofreak1, February 14, 2006, 03:34:41 PM

narutofreak1

i think that would be really cool if there were anime crossovers on t.v
i'd wanna see how sasuke would match up against naraku.

which anime crossover would you want to see on t.v?

sykoeent

There is an anime where the cast of One Piece and the cast of Dragon Ball Z team up to fight something.... Look for it on the net.  I think it's exclusive to Japan.

Cloudzero

Hmm... I don't know too many of those, but I do love how there are cameos at times.

I see a lot of Lum and Lupin referred to a lot, for example.

YoureMyHiro

If Im not mistaken, didnt Tsubasa Chronicle (Anime) do the cross over thing with characters from clamp?

Tsubasa

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"If Im not mistaken, didnt Tsubasa Chronicle (Anime) do the cross over thing with characters from clamp?
You are not mistaken.  Tsubasa is potentially the biggest manga/anime crossover ever.  I've heard it described as CLAMP writing/drawing the biggest crossover fanfic/doujin of their own properties.  That just about sums it up.

CLAMP in general, likes to do crossovers.  XXXHOLiC and Tsubasa run concurrently in the same continuity and have linked story elements.  The CLAMP Campus Detectives appeared in X.  XXXHOLiC has made reference to CCS characters (particuarily Clow Reed).  There's an on-going fan theory that Chobit's Minoru is the little brother of Angelic Layer's Deus Kaede.  I heard that X's Seishirou shows up in Tsubasa; not just another version of him from another dimension.  It goes on and on.

Aside from that, you'll see rare crossovers here and there.  Just off the top of my head...  Yakitate!! Japan had a cameo by Detective Conan and Gamera.  Kanon's Nayuki, Ayu, and Makoto appeared in the AIR anime.  Mahou Sensei Negima makes a reference or two to Love Hina characters.  Comic Party had cameos of To Heart characters in episode 1 and the DVD specials.

Crossovers are generally not too extravogent and are mostly limited to characters from the same company or studio.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jyunishinsho

Excel Saga promotes Puni Puni Poemi in the later DVDs a lot.

sykoeent

Dr. Slump is in a couple episodes of Dragon Ball.

Blues

What about Sailor and the Seven Balls?  Does that count?

"Do a flip!"