Fellow Kanon/Key Fanatics, Rejoice!

Started by Chun, March 25, 2006, 09:17:26 PM

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Episode 10: You wanna know how this episode ends? It ends with me sobbing my face out.

Yea... same here... Except my sister just happened to walk in the room
Quote from: "SPOILER" right as Yuuichi and Makoto are playing on the hill after their wedding.
The tears... and slight humiliation...
i was about to cry..
until she disappeared...
like.. i didnt' see her disappear.. it just she was there.. then she was gone.
and it didn't give me that dramatic effect.. which totally interupted my "omg i'm so sad" feeling..
gahh
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Episode 10: You wanna know how this episode ends? It ends with me sobbing my face out.

Yea... same here... Except my sister just happened to walk in the room
Quote from: "SPOILER" right as Yuuichi and Makoto are playing on the hill after their wedding.
The tears... and slight humiliation...
i was about to cry..
until she disappeared...
like.. i didnt' see her disappear.. it just she was there.. then she was gone.
and it didn't give me that dramatic effect.. which totally interupted my "omg i'm so sad" feeling..
gahh

mDuo13

Well, I was thinking about this in the moe thread, but it's more relevant to this discussion, so I'll put it here.

You remember how, earlier on, I wasn't really feeling this show because I didn't feel much of an attachment to any of the characters, and the stronger plot wasn't yet developing? I realized how that works and why I like the show now. Two things happened to change that.

Problem one: none of the individual characters really did appeal to me on an emotional level. Ayu and Makoto were both rather immature, Nayuki is kind of lost in the clouds (and mildly cute for it, but not seriously moe), and I didn't really know what to think about the other characters, but they seemed more odd than anything else. Well, then I noticed Akiko. Not only is she beautiful (I love that blue color and her braid) but she has an amazingly kind, wise personality which also somehow manages not to be detached from the situation: she cared about Makoto, too. So much for my not caring about the characters problem.

Problem 2: the plot wasn't really going anywhere. Then the Makoto arc started up in earnest, and instantaneously my interest in the show was piqued. It was so sad and beautiful, just like AIR - exactly what I was hoping for. Problem solved.

On a completely different and rather humorous note, if Yuuichi and Makoto got married, and Makoto has passed on now, does that make Yuuichi a widower? If so, how does that affect his appeal to the other girls in the series - is he all the more desirable because of it?

Spiritsnare

Episode 13: UGUU POWER, ACTIVATE

In addendum, apparently even Kanon ties back into Haruhi's three-years-ago mythos...and Mai has nice legs.
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

And forward to episode 18... XD
Shiori's arc is <3. >.<

Can't wait to get to see Nayuki's arc since it wasn't covered before. D:

BTW, can we put Kitagawa in a zoo? Maybe a cosplay zoo? XP
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Crazy_Saiko

ppl stop dying... plz T_T

atleast Mai didn't die..

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Sunara Ishi"BTW, can we put Kitagawa in a zoo? Maybe a cosplay zoo? XP

Perhaps the Detention Center for Deranged Elvis Impersonators.
epic progressive

vox

Crazy_Saiko

mDuo13

Watched episode 19. I'm really just not interested in these flashbacks with Ayu. But as for present-day, that's keeping my interest. Glad to hear Shiori-chan is doing fine. Gee, I wonder who Nayuki is talking about. -_-; And lastly, the end of the episode...

O.O

Tsubasa

Well, they've tackled all the stand-alone scenarios, time to move into the Nayuki/Ayu arc.  These two are interesting in that their stories cannot stand alone from each other, but at the same time, they cannot both be accurately told because of conflicting events. Here's to hoping Nayuki doesn't get completely shafted like in the Toei version.

Nayuki gets love for the first time in a long time.  The race, cafe, and walking home scenes were the highlight for me this time around. <3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

mDuo13

Quote from: "Tsubasa"Well, they've tackled all the stand-alone scenarios, time to move into the Nayuki/Ayu arc.  These two are interesting in that their stories cannot stand alone from each other, but at the same time, they cannot both be accurately told because of conflicting events. Here's to hoping Nayuki doesn't get completely shafted like in the Toei version.

Nayuki gets love for the first time in a long time.  The race, cafe, and walking home scenes were the highlight for me this time around. <3
Ah, so that's how the two storylines work. I suspected it might be as such. I know my personal preferences lean toward Nayuki, for sure. Ayu is just so... boring! The race and cafe scenes were nice, for sure.

Jun-Watarase

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm not sure if you discussed this, yet... but... from both the older series and the 2006-version of Kanon, did you guys ever wonder what Nayuki's mother's "Special Jam" is made out of? I'm... really curious.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

Quote from: "Jun-Watarase"I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm not sure if you discussed this, yet... but... from both the older series and the 2006-version of Kanon, did you guys ever wonder what Nayuki's mother's "Special Jam" is made out of? I'm... really curious.
Spiritsnare's image:

Jun-Watarase

Ahahah... I... remember that image. x__x; -Disturbed.-

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Crazy_Saiko

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"0_o...

NOW YOU KNOW WHERE NAYUKI'S FATHER IS! O__O!!

FanimaidCafe.com

Crazy_Saiko

NOOO!!!!

(after watching eps 19)

OMG THE END OF THE EPISODE
HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
there was crying right? and then BOOM and then the end of the episode
random but cute

also, mduo13, Ayu is NOT BORING
she's so adorable -^^- and innocent.. and naive.. -^^-
~Uguu~

Crazy_Saiko

Basically in Eps 20...

What the happened?!!?!??!?!

it's like: "OMG... CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT JUST HAPPENED?"

Spiritsnare

Everything shall be explained in episode 21.

Be patient.
epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"also, mduo13, Ayu is NOT BORING
she's so adorable -^^- and innocent.. and naive.. -^^-
~Uguu~
Still boring. Even in ep 20.

She's annoying. And fakely innocent. And stupidly naive. She'll be an uguu forever.