Parking?

Started by lolitadesu, May 08, 2006, 05:31:06 PM

Sora

I think the $12.50 price at the Marriott wasn't too bad. I always stay there. Valet is nice in that you don't have to go look for a parking spot on your own.
"Don't give me any orders."

tamagosan

I dont really know is this the right thread to post about parking but its sorta Hotel related.

So I was wondering where i can find the parking rate for the hotels or the convention parking

I am staying in the Marriot. And i think i remember i park in the convention center parking last year because it cheaper. Doesn't anyone know/remember the rate of the convention center's compared to the hotel?

Thank you it'll help a lot!:)

jAded

Last year at the Marriot it was 12.50/day if you were a con attendee.

SpiritOfKairi

I'm sure if you go to the San Jose Marriott's website it will list the parking rate.  You might also want to check Fanime Housing's site to see if they have a special deal for convention attendees.  (You'll find it under Special Offers and Promotions if they're offering any deals.)

kookiekween99

For reference, it's all in the two right-most columns (first is valet, second is self-park):

https://www.cmrhousing.com/fani_3a/Amenities.aspx
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

michiko nakano

Does anyone know how easy it is to get a spot in the convention center parking, say, around two in the morning on Friday?  Just wonderin'

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: michiko nakano on May 15, 2011, 04:44:31 PM
Does anyone know how easy it is to get a spot in the convention center parking, say, around two in the morning on Friday?  Just wonderin'
I've never tried parking there at that hour, but it shouldn't be bad. The center is pretty calm at those hours, and likely those who live in the area have already gone back home by then. I don't think you'll have much of a problem snagging a spot.

otakuya

^ I hope so, cuz that's what I'm gonna do this year

Anime-Holic

Could someone help me clarify this please?

According to other posts on this thread, if you park at the E. San Carlos St/ S. 3rd St garage (aka the one across the McDonalds) you can get your ticket validated at the Tech Museum to make your ticket cost just a $5 flat rate instead of hourly.  How exactly do you go about getting your ticket validated? Do you have to buy something from the museum, and if so does anyone know how much it costs? And is this garage a different one from the Third Street Garage at 95 N. Third St., just north of Santa Clara Street?

Also, I just need parking from 6pm until 10pm on Day 0 so I was wondering if anyone knew any better parking spots near the con that are maybe cheaper? (exact addresses would be loved since I could just input them into my GSP) I've looked here (http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.html) but I'm unfamiliar with the SJ area and can't seem to make much sense of their maps.  ^^;

Well thanks in advance for any help given, it's much appreciated!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: ININ on May 13, 2006, 12:59:41 AM
Quote from: lolitadesu
I know that the Marriot charges $21 a day as someone kindly confirmed for us a few posts back, but what about if you are only going to park there for about 8-9 hours? Would it be cheaper to park at the convention center? (I don't need in/out priv.)

Yes, park at the convention center.  It's $10.00 flat fee.

Here's a thought.  If you know someone staying at either the Marriott or Hilton, ask them for the in/out parking pass.  I'm guessing hotel guests get a reduced parking fee.  *Hee, hee*

Are you sure?
The San Jose Downtown website tells me otherwise.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kyra_Maverick

It might have been true 5 years ago when it was posted...

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 24, 2011, 11:19:59 PM
It might have been true 5 years ago when it was posted...

I hate when I make it to the first pages of threads.
I was under the impression I was on the last page.
We need a new thread.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

RJay64

Hi, I've never been to this convention before.

Has anyone ever tried parking at San Jose State? If I pay for the regular parking fee at the university, can I leave my car there without getting towed away?