Parking?

Started by lolitadesu, May 08, 2006, 05:31:06 PM

Sora

Quote from: lolitadesu on May 08, 2006, 05:31:06 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but how much would it cost for parking at the Marriot if you are staying there?
It'll be there for the duration of Fanime and I'm planning to go in and out with it. Can anyone help?

$12.50/night. If you booked under the fanime price.
"Don't give me any orders."

solipoo

I live pretty close to the con (around a 30 minute drive), so I won't be living at a hotel, but this is my first time driving there (as opposed to a parent dropping me off). I was wondering where I could find parking, and how much it would cost.

Sora

I think there's public san jose parking, like in the convention center...but I'm not sure how much it'd be if you're not staying in a hotel...

ewu

there is a wealth of information in this thread, all you need to do is dig through the 3 pages of it.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

EJAY420

I do believe you pay a little more for IN and OUTS. It is really hard to find a GOOD parking spot. Good Luck all.
Most Impressive.

otakuya

Several parking lots are free on weekends and that Monday (Memorial Day) from 6am-6pm, and most are $3 after that.

Make sure you get your ticket validated for a huge savings on parking.
If you park at the convention center itself or the 3rd St. Garage (aka the one across the McDonalds) get your ticket validated at the Tech Museum to make your ticket $5 flat rate instead of hourly.
If you park at the Market Safeway, buy something at Safeway and get your ticket validated for 2 hours free.
If you park at the Pavilion movie theater parking, validate it by buying a ticket at the Camera 12 theaters.

Other good parking lot tips:
-behind the convention center at the big blue tent and the lot along Almaden Ave at the old Ernst & Young building is $7 flat all day
-next door to McDonald's $6 flat (cash only)
-SJSU's 4th street garage $8 day but may be free on some days because of graduation ceremonies

solipoo

thanks for the tips :]

also, is it difficult to find parking spaces?
would I have to go early or anything to ensure a parking spot without circling for a long time, or is it okay for me to go a bit later into the day when things are more busy and still find parking (the parking that is cheaper, like free on weekends and $3 after 6pm)?

Char350

Quote from: Otakuya on May 22, 2010, 11:11:37 AM
Several parking lots are free on weekends and that Monday (Memorial Day) from 6am-6pm, and most are $3 after that.

If you park at the convention center itself or the 3rd St. Garage (aka the one across the McDonalds) get your ticket validated at the Tech Museum to make your ticket $5 flat rate instead of hourly.
If you park at the Market Safeway, buy something at Safeway and get your ticket validated for 2 hours free.
If you park at the Pavilion movie theater parking, validate it by buying a ticket at the Camera 12 theaters.

-behind the convention center at the big blue tent and the lot along Almaden Ave at the old Ernst & Young building is $7 flat all day
-SJSU's 4th street garage $8 day but may be free on some days because of graduation ceremonies

For parking in these lots, do people leave their cars there overnight for the duration of the con or do they have to go in and out every day?
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

hikarihoshi28

Does the $10-a-day flat fee still apply to the convention center garage? If so, would it cover the hours after 6PM but before midnight?

Jerry

Quote from: Edward Elric on May 11, 2010, 05:58:49 PM
Quote from: lolitadesu on May 08, 2006, 05:31:06 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but how much would it cost for parking at the Marriot if you are staying there?
It'll be there for the duration of Fanime and I'm planning to go in and out with it. Can anyone help?

$12.50/night. If you booked under the fanime price.

Can someone verify this? I got my e-mail from the Marriott e-mail reminder system and it shows that Valet Service is $25/day and it does show im booked under the "FANIME" block.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kyra_Maverick

Jerry

thats odd, because this is how my e-mail reads:

Summary of Room Charges    Cost per night per room (USD)
Thursday, May 27, 2010 - Monday, May 31, 2010 ( 4 nights )    XX.00
FANIMECON 2010    
Estimated government taxes and fees    XX.XX
Total for stay (for all rooms)    XXX.XX

* Off-site parking, fee: 3 USD hourly, 18 USD daily
   * Valet parking, fee: 25 USD daily
   * Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price

could someone from Cmr staff verify? or should i send an e-mail?
got a bounce back on my e-mail :P oh well i guess ill find out come start of the Con.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

chris-barstow

If I remember correctly the hotel guest gets parking free unless you valet.

Sora

Quote from: Jerry on May 25, 2010, 04:52:35 PM
thats odd, because this is how my e-mail reads:

Summary of Room Charges    Cost per night per room (USD)
Thursday, May 27, 2010 - Monday, May 31, 2010 ( 4 nights )    XX.00
FANIMECON 2010    
Estimated government taxes and fees    XX.XX
Total for stay (for all rooms)    XXX.XX

* Off-site parking, fee: 3 USD hourly, 18 USD daily
   * Valet parking, fee: 25 USD daily
   * Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price

could someone from Cmr staff verify? or should i send an e-mail?
got a bounce back on my e-mail :P oh well i guess ill find out come start of the Con.

Here's what the CMR page says: https://www.cmrhousing.com/FANI_2A/HotelInfo.aspx?HTNAME=San+Jose+Marriott&CATNAME=NON-SMOKING+KING+BEDDED+ROOM+W%2f+COMP+INTERNET&HTCODE=SJMA&CATG=KING&OCC=&ARR=&DEP=&CUR=

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: chris-barstow on May 25, 2010, 08:26:39 PM
Absolutely wrong. No matter how you park (valet or self park), you will have to pay for parking.

chris-barstow

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 25, 2010, 09:01:14 PM
Quote from: chris-barstow on May 25, 2010, 08:26:39 PM
Absolutely wrong. No matter how you park (valet or self park), you will have to pay for parking.
Really? last year I didn't get charged, I didn't even get a extra charge.

Kyra_Maverick

Then you skipped out on the bill. If you park yourself you're supposed to get stopped at the toll booth to pay for your stay. Otherwise you can pay at the front desk when you check out.

chris-barstow

Idk I didn't charged or arrested so I'm happy, I'll post again at con to tell whether or not i stole it.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Otakuya on May 22, 2010, 11:11:37 AM

What is this ticket for which you speak?
Is it the Parking Ticket?
So I can go to the Tech Museum, and buy a Ticket to park at the Convention center garage for $5?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

spookdy

I found a very cheap, 5$ flat rate all day parking on Woz Way, across from the children's discovery museum. It's a fair walk to the con(maybe 10 mins or so), but well worth it if you need a 5$ flat rate place.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY