SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

otakuya

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on March 13, 2008, 09:53:12 PM
The Ruins, The Swamp, The Forest
...for J-puff, Toon Link, and Wolf (don't remember which area for which chara tho)

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Otakuya on March 13, 2008, 11:30:11 PM
Quote from: Asa_Gohan on March 13, 2008, 09:53:12 PM
The Ruins, The Swamp, The Forest
...for J-puff, Toon Link, and Wolf (don't remember which area for which chara tho)
Toon Link at the forest, J-puff at the swamp, and Wolf is in the ruin.  Sorry I just recently played those stages thats y.   ;D
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Kandybar

Oh, I hadn't heard Jigglypuff was in the game.  Yay!  Worthless in a fight but hilarious none the less.

Does anyone else have an issue where the online connection will drop just as a brawl is starting?  It only happens occasionally but it is annoying none the less.

ccgenerals

Quote from: Kandybar on March 14, 2008, 10:31:08 AM
Oh, I hadn't heard Jigglypuff was in the game.  Yay!  Worthless in a fight but hilarious none the less.

Does anyone else have an issue where the online connection will drop just as a brawl is starting?  It only happens occasionally but it is annoying none the less.
ya.. i get random drops sometimes. all i can blame is my router / wall between router and wii
E-Gaming Staff '08

xiaomei

hmm.. is it just me or is Diddy Kong really really really bad? >.<

also, does anyone know what stage is used in the tourneys? or is items are allowed?
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

abcbadcat

Quote from: xiaomei on March 23, 2008, 10:25:42 AM
hmm.. is it just me or is Diddy Kong really really really bad? >.<

also, does anyone know what stage is used in the tourneys? or is items are allowed?

Diddy is pretty good. Mainly for juggles and air attacks.

xiaomei

I tried to use him but I just have no idea how those jet pack things work..

Can you only move upwards? @@;
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: Kandybar on March 14, 2008, 10:31:08 AM

Dude, jigglypuff is a good character ._.

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Magedark

Jigglypuff is an awesome character used in the right hands :O.

otakuapprentice

with enough practice and playtime, you can own with anyone.

in Melee, my mainstays were mario, link, and pikachu. with Brawl now, ive found myself playing with meta knight and pokemon trainer more than my previous choices.

NOTE: Mario is crap now, due to the fact that he has the FLUDD attack instead of his tornado.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

xiaomei

Pikachu!!

Will always be my favorite and main~

:3

Does anyone here get mad when someone spams an attack (like Pit's SideB or Pikachu's DownB), or do you just learn to get used to it and counter it?
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

otakuapprentice

Quote from: xiaomei on March 28, 2008, 09:09:50 PM
Pikachu!!

Will always be my favorite and main~

:3

Does anyone here get mad when someone spams an attack (like Pit's SideB or Pikachu's DownB), or do you just learn to get used to it and counter it?
well, pikachu's down+B isnt so hard to counter, since from the point of button execution to actual attack it can be stopped before it actually happens. if right near pikachu when his Down+B is performed, using your shield or sidestepping it are your best choices; if your character is one wth a fast A attack, you can stop him from pulling it off when near.

but thats just me.

xiaomei

Yeah ^^ My friends always get mad when I use Pikachu and DownB to get the smash ball and I just tell them to learn to counter it

Is anyone here going to join the brawl tourney in the E-gaming event?
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

abcbadcat

Im joining the tourney, I don't have a Wii but my friend brings his over almost every weekend.

I am pretty good with Pikachu, Falco, and Marth.

*lol sig*

I mainly only use Thunder to chase down people and when people are returning to the stage. I use all of Pikachu's attacks evenly.

I'd love to play VS you guys with my Pikachu one of these days...

EDIT: Mario isn't crap, is Melee down B is now is dair... and Luigi is very VERY good now.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: abcbadcat on March 29, 2008, 02:01:14 PM
Im joining the tourney, I don't have a Wii but my friend brings his over almost every weekend.

I am pretty good with Pikachu, Falco, and Marth.

*lol sig*

I mainly only use Thunder to chase down people and when people are returning to the stage. I use all of Pikachu's attacks evenly.

I'd love to play VS you guys with my Pikachu one of these days...

EDIT: Mario isn't crap, is Melee down B is now is dair... and Luigi is very VERY good now.

i just cant get usde to the change in mario's moveset with his Down+B, since im used to the tornado attack he had back in melee, and now with it being a charge attack that is more of a defensive maneuver(like Squirtle's watergun move), its sad.

aside from that change, mario is still good, but that FLUDD move sucks.

Quote from: xiaomei on March 28, 2008, 09:17:45 PM
Yeah ^^ My friends always get mad when I use Pikachu and DownB to get the smash ball and I just tell them to learn to counter it

Is anyone here going to join the brawl tourney in the E-gaming event?
if I'm any better by then than i am now, maybe; I'll probably lose in the first round, but its still worth a shot even if its just fun to compete.

xiaomei

Has anyone tried wave dashing or SHFFLing in brawl yet? Does it work or did they take it out? x.x
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

abcbadcat

Quote from: xiaomei on March 31, 2008, 07:01:49 PM
Has anyone tried wave dashing or SHFFLing in brawl yet? Does it work or did they take it out? x.x

Wavedashing is gone.

Wavedashing = Air dodgieng into the ground for a faster recovery. The only "trick" about Brawl known so far is Luigi's secret upb (at point blank range) and short hopping.

BTW My new main is Kirby... I've demolished many people with him.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: abcbadcat on March 31, 2008, 08:47:16 PM
Quote from: xiaomei on March 31, 2008, 07:01:49 PM

Wavedashing is gone.

Wavedashing = Air dodgieng into the ground for a faster recovery. The only "trick" about Brawl known so far is Luigi's secret upb (at point blank range) and short hopping.

BTW My new main is Kirby... I've demolished many people with him.
Luigi's up+b isn't much of a secret since its posted on the game site; still, its a hell of a good move when connecting on the ground to anyone that has 50% damage or more....too bad you're screwed after using it, since you're a sitting duck until you touch land again.

NobuxD

Hmm.. does anyone play PTrainer as main? I'd like to see how you play so if we both have time, we can play against each other on wi-fi :]

otakuapprentice

i play as PT sometimes, but not always; need to get better with him.