What would you like to see in Tabletop 2007?

Started by Ska_Kitti, June 07, 2006, 10:59:00 PM

Nanashi

So, would I be able to run a CoC (Call of Cthulhu) game? Cuz' it's the perfect game for those late-night hours...
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Snow Ninja

Did I hear CoC?

:: puts on a chef hat::

Fear the Chef! Making Sandwhiches by day, and killing demons by night.

ced1106

fwiw, I checked the UNO prices at Toys R Us. The regular game is under $10, but the UNO shooter game is under $25.

Any chance of using volunteers to keep the gameroom 24x7? Or we can just chain Nanashi to a table.

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Ska_Kitti

That depends on how big I want my staff, Ced. It usually only takes one (MAYBE two) people to run that room during the early morning and I'd prefer it was an official staff member so they could fulfill their hourly requirements.

I'll check up on that UNO game. All games depend if I get a budget or not.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ced1106

Found the Fatal Frame print-and-play card game.

If you're interested in it, please let Ska Kitty know on this thread (and yeah, you can play it now and not need to wait for Fanime!).

http://www.fourhman.com/fatalframe/

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Ska_Kitti

Well so far Tabletop has some good fortune. At the 10/14 meeting, it was announced that we are in Exhibit Hall 3 with Arcade and E-Gaming. How much space we will be getting out of the hall is not yet confirmed.

We are also making lists of requested games everyone has asked for on the boards to be added into our space (FLUX, Apples to Apples, Munchkin, etc.). Obtaining these games should not be a problem. Please suggest away and I'll see what I can do! :]
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

So far it sounds like a great list! I'm not exactly sure what all we can add to that list...

If BESM is showing off their card game that would be awesome! I tried to get one of my friends who's really into gaming and has a high IQ to figure out how to play it.....but even he wasn't able to get it very well @.@

Ska_Kitti

I'm waiting on the BESM guy to contact me. As soon as I get an answer from him is he is attending, then I'll post that news. I don't think any of my current staff knows the BESM system or will have time, but I'll try to get our man back in there. :]
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ININ

Ska_kitti, do you know Tabletop Gaming is going to get cubicle-like furniture to reduce the noise from the Arcade and e-gaming?  Or is Tabletop Gaming going to be open area with tables and chairs only?  :)

Ska_Kitti

You know ININ... I shoud ask that. All I know so far is that we're going to be in Exhibit Hall 3. I don't know how much of that we're going to get. According to my second in command at the last meeting, the arcade needs ALOT of space. E-Gaming was also uber spread out last year, so they may place them on one side and us on the other. I don't know, but I'll keep you guys posted the moment I do. :]
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yeah having cubicles or like....being spread on the other side would be awesome. Last year the arcades and e-gaming had WAY too much wasted space, it was insane! Like 50% or more was just....empty...although I would say that e-gaming needs even more space then arcades with the crowds that it draws....

ININ

Thanks for the update Ska_Kitti XD  As long as Exhibit Hall 3 air condition keeps going, I'm cool  8)  

Playing Texas Hold'em, the player who gets the Full House on the river is going to be louder than the people playing Soul Caliber LOL!

Ska_Kitti

Yes, you're all very welcome. I hope to keep everyone updated. It's just going to be a wide open space with lots of gaming and gaming. Did I mention gaming?

I had lunch with one of my friends a few days ago. He's going to be playing and demoing Mah Jong at tabletop.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

lying is an art form

Can we have a Magic: the Gathering Type 2 Constructed tournament? =D
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Ska_Kitti

That depends on what my rep wants to run. I'll ask for you and get a solid answer as soon as I have a complete list of which tournaments will be run this coming year. :]
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Ooooo! Mah Jong! Yeah that totally sounds really rather interesting to me... :shock:

Ska_Kitti

I'm looking for Mah Jong players as well as Go players. I need experienced people to demo this game who thoroughly knows the rules and have their own boards and pieces. I'll remind everyone that those who will be demoing Go/Mah Jong will be a part of my staff and will have to fulfill the staff requirements. I will only take those over 18 years of age.

If anyone knows these sorts of people, have them email me please: [email protected] or just PM me through the boards.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

It'd be pretty cool to learn to play those games.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!

MonkeyRikku

Triple Triad. I love that game, and decks are like 99 cents on eBay for 20 cards. I'd even bet some of the dealers sell em too.
Cuz thats how I roll, duh.

Ska_Kitti

I was actually thinking about that game when I saw your handle. It was a good reminder.

I possibly have one person playing Triple Triad. It depends on what her schedule is. Dealers sell that game for about $10 for a pack.

Also, as another reminder, the same lady who might be playing TT might also bring the Fruits Basket TCG game. I may pick up "rich man poor man" if it is requested.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay