fanime 2007 dates

Started by swordman85, July 16, 2006, 10:20:24 AM

swordman85

Hey everybody 2006 was my first ever con and it was awesome so I was wondering what the dates for next year were.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "swordman85"Hey everybody 2006 was my first ever con and it was awesome so I was wondering what the dates for next year were.

same dates, Memorial Day Weekend.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Eri

May 25 - 28 :)

Same place, same time, same crazy stuff happening..
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

swordman85

I thought it was the 26-29th in 06?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "swordman85"I thought it was the 26-29th in 06?
it was. you have to take into account that every other year is a leap year, but all your need to remember is that it always falls on memorial day weekend, regardless of the dates from previous years. in 2005, it was from the 27-30th. memorial day weekend; thats all you need to remember, nothing else.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

swordman85

so its definatly 25th through 28th? ...does that include the day for preregistered people?

Ayapon

Quote from: "swordman85"so its definatly 25th through 28th? ...does that include the day for preregistered people?

FanimeCon 2007 is scheduled for Memorial Day weekend 2007, the dates of which being Friday, May 25 through Monday, May 28, 2007.

As for the second part of your question, if I'm understanding it properly, the answer is this: If you're going by past FanimeCon precedents, then pre-registered badge pick ups may occur on Thursday, May 24, 2007. "May" being the keyword as that decision is left to the discretion of the Registration Department Manager, and that is not I.
Aya Chow
Totally Relaxed Now (2006)
Fanime Director of Guest Relations (1999-2005)

"Kakashi" icon by krispy_kira @ LJ.com

Kazuko

Quote from: "swordman85"so its definatly 25th through 28th? ...does that include the day for preregistered people?
x: umm the 25th is pre-reg day, so yeah it would be 25-28 but if you arent pre-reg it would start on the 26th

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Kazuko"
x: umm the 25th is pre-reg day, so yeah it would be 25-28 but if you arent pre-reg it would start on the 26th

No, the actual convention is the 25th-28th...

That's memorial day weekend in 2007.

Now, Pre-reg day is the day BEFORE fanime, on a Thursday evening, by previous standards. Therefore, the 24th would be Pre-reg day where you go and pick up your badges and such.

*nod nod*
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

swordman85

ya thats what I thought