Anime Funk

Started by PixieCat, August 17, 2006, 10:22:18 AM

PixieCat

So here I was, trying to pick a cosplay, or at least something I'd like to do and I came up blank.

I realized I was in a dreaded anime funk - I haven't watched any new anime (new for me or new in general) in probably two months now. As a matter of fact...I haven't been watching anime at all.

Does this ever happen to anyone else? You just...don't know what to watch and so you don't watch anything at all?

((and does anyone have any reccomendations, new or old anime?))
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

mDuo13

In the past month or so I really haven't watched much anime. I have a lot waiting for me. While I was on the plane coming back from Denver I watched 4 episodes of Gankutsuou, and I was starting to get pretty hooked... but now I don't have any more episodes of it, and I'm too lazy to download, especially when I have Patlabor TV (47 episodes), plus 13 episodes of other things waiting for me.

I guess this is the inevitable consequence of following a dozen series at a time: falling behind and getting overwhelmed.

ced1106

Get of Thine Tush and hit a local anime club. Plenty in the SF area!

Good way to "find out what's out there" and meet new people.  :D

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Spiritsnare

I'm sure you've taken notice of this series, particularly so here in the boards, but I must reiterate: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. :DDDD
epic progressive

vox

PixieCat

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I'm sure you've taken notice of this series, particularly so here in the boards, but I must reiterate: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. :DDDD

You know, I do see that everywhere here on the boards...what is it?
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

ced1106

Melancholy review:
http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=959

(Go kick the bf and tell him to get you out of this funk. And when is Ryu's next Fanime party, anyway???  :o

aka. Washu! ^^O
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "ced1106"Melancholy review:
http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=959

(Go kick the bf and tell him to get you out of this funk. And when is Ryu's next Fanime party, anyway???  :o

aka. Washu! ^^O

Labor Day weekend at my house. details are in the things in the universe forum. :P
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

uzutake

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"I'm sure you've taken notice of this series, particularly so here in the boards, but I must reiterate: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. :DDDD

Spirit does have a VERY good point here. >P

Hm...well, I went through that for about 10 years of my life(when I only knew of dubs on TV :x ) But I dont think that's what you have here. ^^() I never went through it again because I check Anime News Network or the forums for personal reviews on brand new anime ^^()

Depends on what kinda anime y'like. If you go for shoujo comedy I suggest Ouran High School Host Club .

Or if you're more of a shounen comedy then try Air Gear

All those anime(including Haruhi) were released recently (April is recent...right?)

PixieCat

Quote from: "uzutake"
Hm...well, I went through that for about 10 years of my life(when I only knew of dubs on TV :x ) But I dont think that's what you have here. ^^() I never went through it again because I check Anime News Network or the forums for personal reviews on brand new anime ^^()

Depends on what kinda anime y'like. If you go for shoujo comedy I suggest Ouran High School Host Club .

Or if you're more of a shounen comedy then try Air Gear

All those anime(including Haruhi) were released recently (April is recent...right?)

Its not that its only a dub thing and I only watch what's on Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, etc. I don't watch any of those...My TV hasn't even been plugged in for the last two months.

Its just, i go to anime download sites, and I never know what's going to be good, and what's just going to take up space on my computer...so Ive ended up with nothing so many times.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

Tsubasa

I always watch anime a fair to excessive amount.  In the past, I've been in semi-lapses, but that was only imposed by a lack of means to procure new episodes.  Now that digisubs are the in thing, that doesn't really affect me and I consistantly follow some double-digit number of series, spanning the last few seasons.

Recommendations?  I think I'll restrict them stuff that has aired this year.  These are the things I have enjoyed enough to recommend:

Winter 2006: Fate/stay night, Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~, REC

Spring 2006: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, ARIA The Natural (watch the first series "ARIA The ANIMATION" first), School Rumble Second Semester (also, check out the first series), Utawarerumono, Strawberry Panic!, Ouran High School Host Club, Higurashi no Naku koro ni, RAY THE ANIMATION, xxxHOLiC

Summer 2006: Zero no Tsukaima, Coyote Ragtime Show, Welcome to the NHK!

There were some other series that I followed, but they were/are more acquired tastes in viewing, so I won't list them.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Emerge

damn...and here i was thinking the title was gonna lead me to a thread where the discussion was either gonna be about stench or an underappreciated music genre

zoupzuop2

If an Anime Funk is as defined, my basic day-to-day LIFE has been an anime funk. I hardly see much anime/manga, barring what I own already, PERIOD.

Hence, Youtube and occasional trips to the library, and MAYBE borders.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

ININ

I experience times when I don’t watch anime.  I use the time to do other stuff to the point when the anime mood comes back to me, I start watching anime again XD

And sometimes when I’m in the mood to watch anime DVDs, I stare at them for five minutes trying to figure out which series to watch, and then give up and do something else <.<

Sucrose

Well, I'm rather in a funk myself at the moment upon discovering that the entirety of the Fate/stay night fansubs I downloaded were subbed in French...T_T I was so curious to watch it and couldn't find any fansubs of just episode 1 to try it out, but what's the point if I can't read the subtitles? (Even if it were in Spanish, that'd still be more work than I'd care to go through just to watch it...)
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Sucrose"Well, I'm rather in a funk myself at the moment upon discovering that the entirety of the Fate/stay night fansubs I downloaded were subbed in French...T_T I was so curious to watch it and couldn't find any fansubs of just episode 1 to try it out, but what's the point if I can't read the subtitles? (Even if it were in Spanish, that'd still be more work than I'd care to go through just to watch it...)

I have the entire series on english fansubs. Let me know if you want a copy of it :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Sucrose

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "Sucrose"Well, I'm rather in a funk myself at the moment upon discovering that the entirety of the Fate/stay night fansubs I downloaded were subbed in French...T_T I was so curious to watch it and couldn't find any fansubs of just episode 1 to try it out, but what's the point if I can't read the subtitles? (Even if it were in Spanish, that'd still be more work than I'd care to go through just to watch it...)

I have the entire series on english fansubs. Let me know if you want a copy of it :D

*gasp* For serious? That would be soooooooo awesome, thank you!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)