Cosplay Tattoo Problem

Started by YoureMyHiro, August 25, 2006, 11:19:47 AM

YoureMyHiro

Ive already posted this in the Cosplay.com Forums and now Im reposting it here, thats about as much as Im going to spam this out but my predicament is as follows:

My Girlfriend and I wanted to do a couple type cosplay so we decided on someting simple, Ryu and Chun-Li from the Street Fighter series.

Unwittingly I failed to realize one complication in this plan, that being that I have many tattoos on my right arm, almost a half sleeve so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for covering them up? Ryu's Gi from the Street Fighter series does not have any sleelves and both arms are exposed entirely.

Ive always believed that if you are going to cosplay a character you should at least resemble them to a certain degree, although I dont feel I have the physique quite yet the tattoo thing is something exceptionally outlandish to include in a Ryu cosplay. Any ideas or help in covering up my tattoo work would be much appreciated.

DayDreamerNessa

1. You could always pick a different character, that doesn't show there arms.

2. Makeup is the easiest way to go, first put white stage make-up for the first layer, then get some make-up that matches your skin tone, that should do a decent job. If you want there is also make-up that is specially designed for people with skin conditions there's infomercials about it on t.v., but i forget the name.

those are my suggestions.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"1. You could always pick a different character, that doesn't show there arms.

2. Makeup is the easiest way to go, first put white stage make-up for the first layer, then get some make-up that matches your skin tone, that should do a decent job. If you want there is also make-up that is specially designed for people with skin conditions there's infomercials about it on t.v., but i forget the name.

those are my suggestions.

1. I am relatively dedicated to doing Ryu but I have been contemplating other characters as well.

2. Being that Ive never worn make up before I have a few questions:
- Are there any concealers or make-up cover-up products that you might recommend that are Hypoallergenic?

- Does make-up breathe well?

- Will it cause me to sweat at all or a great deal?

- If you do sweat with makeup on, does it ruin the makeup job? Are there make-ups that are anti-sweat?

Also, I was recommended to also try a body stalking over my arm but Ive never purchased one before nor tried one on, wouldnt it appear a bit guady if I went with that method?

Thank you for your help.

Kazuko

you could walk to the local store that sells makeup like foundations and read the label since many say waterproof and/or hypoallergenic

but to see if your allergic to it you might wanna try a small test like on your arm to see if you have a reaction

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Fain Erevast

Instead of using makeup, you could just use strechy flesh-colored cloth to cover them.