Fanime Dance stuff.

Started by bucac, October 18, 2006, 11:01:07 PM

Rei-Rei

Quote from: fragiledreamer on March 22, 2008, 04:37:38 PM
So there isn't a dress code like the BW Ball, but what ARE people wearing?  First Fanime *points to self*  I dont want to look a fool xDD.
http://www.fanime.com/events/black-and-white-ball

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 06, 2008, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: fragiledreamer on March 22, 2008, 04:37:38 PM
So there isn't a dress code like the BW Ball, but what ARE people wearing?  First Fanime *points to self*  I dont want to look a fool xDD.
http://www.fanime.com/events/black-and-white-ball
That link only applies to the BW Ball whereareas there is no specific dress code for the actual and general Dance.

chanocular

W00t...Im ready for the dance. However, every year I would always ask around if there is going to be a dance because it is never announced. So is there an official time for the dance? Usually I attend the one on Saturday night, but then people mention that there were ones on Friday night.

DJ Reign

Quote from: chanocular on April 10, 2008, 03:43:20 PM
W00t...Im ready for the dance. However, every year I would always ask around if there is going to be a dance because it is never announced. So is there an official time for the dance? Usually I attend the one on Saturday night, but then people mention that there were ones on Friday night.

Dance runs from 10pm-4am Friday through Sunday.

chanocular

SeoRaiji

GIVE US BREAKDANCERS SOME 80S FUNK!! :D
so we can do what the history of breakdancers do!! Dance during breaks! :]

Liars Dice

Quote from: DJ Reign on April 10, 2008, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: chanocular on April 10, 2008, 03:43:20 PM

Dance runs from 10pm-4am Friday through Sunday.
Wow, goes till 4 now?
I thought it went till 2.

DJ Reign

Quote from: SeoRaiji on April 28, 2008, 01:26:11 AM
GIVE US BREAKDANCERS SOME 80S FUNK!! :D
so we can do what the history of breakdancers do!! Dance during breaks! :]

I got you covered...I think ;)

HuggalotXOmocha

Okay. Alltogether. Exactly what are the dates to the Raves? Do they go for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night alltogether? Or just one day? Because I have a certain costume that is ment for Raves, and I want to know which day I could wear it.

[Might as well PM it to me, because It will be a hassle for me to go back into the forums to look for my answer.]

DJ Reign

Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on April 30, 2008, 09:19:26 PM
Okay. Alltogether. Exactly what are the dates to the Raves? Do they go for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night alltogether? Or just one day? Because I have a certain costume that is ment for Raves, and I want to know which day I could wear it.

[Might as well PM it to me, because It will be a hassle for me to go back into the forums to look for my answer.]

If you would have looked up, you would have seen the times AND days the dance will take place...

HuggalotXOmocha

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 01, 2008, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: HuggalotXOmocha on April 30, 2008, 09:19:26 PM

If you would have looked up, you would have seen the times AND days the dance will take place...

oh....fluck. I didn't see that. Sorry.

DJ Reign

Hey guys!

Just a quick update on the goings on at dance now.

So, I got a late addition to the DJ lineup.  I think this will appeal quite a few people, or so I hope.  Anyways, Kid Whatever (Yes, the same Kid Whatever who produced some songs for ITG/ITG2) will be joining us this year!  As of right now, he will be spinning Saturday night.  Make sure you check him out!  I will release the DJ lineups as soon as I get a chance to finish for those who want to know who's spinning at what time.

Stay tuned!

Thanks!

kgHapa

Hey everybody, I havent read the thread history yet so far, so sorry If Im repeating others but I wanted to know if there is a place to directly request music, specifically the mixture of some mainstream hip hop, house, and dance music  ;D

ryuyasha

Just wonderin, any sort of age limint on the dance? I know anime expo only let in 18 and over after a certain time last year.

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: ryuyasha on May 06, 2008, 01:14:57 AM
Just wonderin, any sort of age limint on the dance? I know anime expo only let in 18 and over after a certain time last year.

There has never been a age limit to the dance at Fanime.

Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

DJ Reign

Quote from: Atlus on May 05, 2008, 07:51:58 PM
Hey everybody, I havent read the thread history yet so far, so sorry If Im repeating others but I wanted to know if there is a place to directly request music, specifically the mixture of some mainstream hip hop, house, and dance music  ;D

I am sorry, are you requesting something specific?

kgHapa

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 06, 2008, 06:09:06 PM

Oh no I just meant those genres in general since its sometimes frustrating when the only music is rave and jpop for the entire event

DJ Reign

Quote from: Atlus on May 06, 2008, 06:25:26 PM

Oh no I just meant those genres in general since its sometimes frustrating when the only music is rave and jpop for the entire event

When was the last time you heard jpop at the dance?  And what do you mean by rave?  That is a extremely vague genre that in most cases leads to confusion.

kgHapa

Quote from: DJ Reign on May 06, 2008, 07:29:13 PM
Quote from: Atlus on May 06, 2008, 06:25:26 PM

When was the last time you heard jpop at the dance?  And what do you mean by rave?  That is a extremely vague genre that in most cases leads to confusion.
Im just going on what complaints Ive heard from previous dances, those being the main two

Kanchii

*randomness* Lawls, the first post on this thread is from 2006!
Anyway, I'm super excited for the dance! I always have buckets 'o fun! :D Hopefully there wont be a crazy long line this time!